I think people are overreacting to the last couple days

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by KingSpeed, Jul 2, 2018.

1. SharpesTriumph

SharpesTriumph Well-Known Member

Did you also think Meyers could develop into a rotational, or better, NBA player?

2. SharpesTriumph

Vonleh had starter upside. Biggie is a nice kid but end of the rotation with flaws upside IF he develops. No reason to move out a productive rotation big, quality locker room vet for that upside...

3. SharpesTriumph

Agreed Vonleh doesn't deserve a rotation spot and was a far better prospect than Swanigan.

BonesJones likes this.
  4. SharpesTriumph

Yes, some fans will be positive no matter what and some will be negative no matter what.

There are many of us that change our tune based on the action of the front office.

I was a Neil supporter for years but I've finally had enough. We had no chance at a title and were a few losses from the lottery. Playoff seeding was an aberration and very misleading in 2018. This roster is shit and no single move will make us a contender. We are much closer to years of missing the playoffs. Outside Dame/CJ (who are both awesome) we likely have the worst roster in the league.

We need to evaluate when this team tries to take a step to contend or tear everythimg down and rebuild. I don't believe Neil can succeed at either course.

5. KingSpeed

KingSpeed Veteran

actor
    Not really. We went on 13 game win streak and pulled away like 3 games ahead of everyone else. Then we lost to Grizz, Mavs, Spurs, etc and STILL retained 3 seed. So it wasn't like we eeked it out. We grabbed it by the throat in March and never gave it back. It was a solid accomplishment and not something we just fell into accidentally. And that is why Dame was All NBA First Team.

6. borim69

borim69 Well-Known Member

I will admit I overreacted to the first day. I was not a big ED fan I equated him to more of a Pryzbilla lite for his impact on the team. It was who we got immediately after that blew my mind letting ED walk for that scrub. With the Seth signing there has to be something else in the works and I hope it is not Kawhi because he will be a rental and he will not stay he will be a Laker next year. If Neil he doesn't do anything else this year I am not going to understand any of this season and will buy a new pitchfork and torch and erect a windmill near the Rose Garden and wear angry villager clothes.

3RA1N1AC likes this.
  7. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

You can't take away the relevance of the losing streak whule keeping the relevance of the winning streak.

chzbrgr, TBpup and Orion Bailey like this.
  8. KingSpeed

KingSpeed Veteran

actor
    I'm sorry but I don't understand.

9. KingSpeed

KingSpeed Veteran

actor
    Why are you up, btw, Bones? I have no life. What's your excuse?

riverman likes this.
  10. theprunetang

theprunetang Shaedon "Deadly Nightshade" Sharpe is HIM

Maybe he has insomnia like me?

Orion Bailey and BonesJones like this.
  11. BonesJones

Because nothing I do requires a certain time to do it, unless sits in the evening.

12. BonesJones

More like i struggle falling asleep before 3 and i like to game a few hours each night as well as work on YouTube stuff.

theprunetang likes this.
  13. BonesJones

We lost games at the end and barely got the 3 seed

We won 13 games and barely got the 3 seed.

Two different perspectives.

14. riverman

riverman Writing Team

15. Wizard Mentor

Wizard Mentor Wizard Mentor

Master of Xen Foro
    Absolutely correct, but you can't take away the relevance of the winning streak while keeping the relevance of the losing streak, too.

I'm not saying you are doing that, but many here are.

What does it all mean for the GM. To me, it clearly means that we don't need to "blow it up". However, it also means that shortcomings need to be addressed.

16. TBpup

TBpup Writing Team

Investment Management / Financial Planner
    The 13 game winning streak in the regular season was awesome and most Blazer fans were on the euphoria train.

4 game losing streak in the Playoffs was depressing because the Playoffs means much more than the regular season. Being the #3 seed with HCA seemed to make it worse because I can't remember the last time a #3 seed was swept.

17. oldmangrouch

oldmangrouch persona non grata

I can't tell - is this intentional irony?

I'm in my 60s. I still have Geoff Petrie's rookie autograph. It is literally impossible for anybody here to have been a Blazer fan longer than me. If I offer up the opinion that NO is not a genius - how much "respect" do you think I will get? Somewhere over the last few seasons, it was decided that those of us who want the team to win are "fake fans". Do you not see how weird that is?

If you ignore the summer of 16, NO has been very hit-or-miss. Add in the debacle of 2016, and he has been a net negative to the franchise. That's not over-reacting to a few days - that is an honest reaction to his entire tenure.

18. riverman

riverman Writing Team

I don't know how much respect you'll get but you'll get a ton of likes around here.....and I don't know why your reply was linked to KS paying me a compliment...I don't have a problem with Olshey…..and get a ton of disrespect because of it...I find that ironic as well...some people though confuse passion with angst. Everyone is welcome to their opinion about the team....I like Chief....not a popular view but it's mine....it goes on and on around here but booing a kid who does nothing wrong but entering a home game...(Meyers...like him or not) does not deserve a lot of respect in my view..booing forum members is getting boring as well

19. Hoopguru

Hoopguru Well-Known Member

River, its a crazy culture now no matter where. It seems that that advocate tolerance, are the ones that cant tolerate with respect at all. Or if you are on the wrong side of any issue?