I would trade Bosh for Bynum, and that would solve all the problems

Discussion in 'Toronto Raptors' started by DennisRodman, Dec 3, 2009.

1. DennisRodman

DennisRodman Suspended

[​IMG]

In our team's history, we've never had anything remotely close to a shotblocking center with defense. (and Bynum's easy baskets down low is just bonus)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(Chris Bosh as a rookie played center and hated it)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Admittedly we could probably be decent with a center with average defensive skills, but if we had a PF like KG with his defensive skills.

I know I pointed it out before the season started, but now the team is starting to look bad.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2009
  2. Boob-No-More

Boob-No-More Why you no hire big man coach?

Why would the Lakers do it? They already have Pau at the 4, and are bigger, better defensively and on the glass, and younger with Bynum/Pau than they would be with Pau/Bosh at the 5/4. Plus, Bynum is in the first year of his contract extension (which makes him full BYC and almost impossible to trade - even if they wanted to). They'd have to hand Bosh a max contract next summer or risk losing him to Miami.

Yeah, it would help the Raps, a LOT, but I see absolutely no reason the Lakers would give up a 22-year old center who is having a breakout season.

BNM

3. DennisRodman

DennisRodman Suspended

and admittedly we've had a few on our roster like Hakeem (lol doesn't count), Alonzo Mourning (who never played), rookie Camby (12-13 years ago), and Jermaine O'Neal (although at a price of 20 mill per season, and his hops are reduced to due knee problems)

4. DennisRodman

DennisRodman Suspended

Yea, the Lakers probably wouldn't even consider it.

5. deception

deception JBB Banned Member

fuck what boob thinks, the lakers would do it in a heartbeat!!! bynum is injury prone and has poor work habits. a frontline of pau and bosh as small as it may sound would be devastating offensively. plus, how many legits centre's are left in league? i think colangelo wouldnt do it and i wouldnt blame him here because there are too many unknowns surrounding bynum, e.g. are his knees going to hold up. and lets not forget that bosh is only 25 years old which means he still has 7 years of all star ball left him barring injury.

6. speeds

speeds $2.50 highball, $1.50 beer Staff Member Administrator GFX Team

I'd take Butler + Haywood at this point.

7. Boob-No-More

You're right. It doesn't matter what I thinlk. The only people whose opinions count are Mitch Kupchak, Jerry Bus and Phil Jackson. All three have won several NBA championships and are smart enough to know that you need defense to win in the post season. That alone keeps them from even considering this trade.

Of all people, Raptors fans show know you need a hell of a lot more than a high scoring offense to win in the NBA. The Lakers have plenty of scoring. They don't need Bosh for his offense, and he's a downgrade over Bynum on defense. Bosh and Gasol would be redundant on the Lakers front line. They both play a very similar style. Bynum gives the Lakers something unique - a big man who can protect the paint and defend the rim. Of course, that's something you are severly lacking and that's why you want him. It's also why the Lakers won't give him up. With Bynum, the Lakers are off to a 14-3 start and have the 2nd best defense in the entire league (unlike the Raps historically bad defense).

Besides, it's all moot. As I mentioned in my first post, Bynum is BYC1 - nearly impossible to trade - especially when both teams are over the cap.

BNM

8. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

As a Laker fan, I don't know if I'd do it. Bynum is a huge key to this team with the easy hoops he gets and the defensive ability he's got.

Also, he's turned around his work habits a lot since he was first in the league.

Also, his contract extensions starts next year, not this.

9. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

Bynum isn't injury prone. Both his injuries were freak accidents with his own teammates falling into him.

Lakers wouldn't make this trade because Bynum is younger, and a true 7 footer with a back to the basket game.

PJax has always been a fan of Chris Bosh, but he'd be a lateral trade at best for the Lakers and he wouldn't be enough alone for them to take that risk.

10. speeds

speeds $2.50 highball, $1.50 beer Staff Member Administrator GFX Team

As you mention Jackson got a tampering fine for mentioning Bosh last time he was entering FA.

11. DennisRodman

DennisRodman Suspended

I agree, age can pretty much be ignored, Bynum and Bosh are both young.
    I dunno Bynum looks to be healthy.

Bynum is an anchor defensively for LA, Toronto has never had anything close to that, we've actually usually had the opposite, absolutely atrocious centers.

Even offensively Bynum is very efficient and it makes a big difference when instead of working hard for baskets every play, your center gets those easy baskets.

12. Boob-No-More

Wrong. He signed the extension in October 2008. He is currently in the first year of that extension making $12,526,988. This makes his status full base year compensation (BYC1) - virtually impossible to trade for two teams over the cap.

Sure, you could probably come up with some huge trade involving half the roster from both teams that would work under the CBA, but why would the defending champion, first place Lakers blow up their team just so they can trade away their 22-year old center who is having a breakout season? There is no possible trade involving Bynum to the Raptors that works under the CBA AND makes a lick of sense for the Lakers.

BNM

13. DaRizzle

DaRizzle BLAKER

Look at the big brains on Boob....Its like he knows NBA basketball unlike a certain Canadian who will deception remain nameless

shankyoass likes this.
  14. deception

he's 22 years old and he's had two serious knee injuries, and he looks tentative these days, maybe trying to protect his knee. u know how many serious injuries bosh has had? zero.

although, this might actually be a good for the raps because what they need more than anything is a big who could anchor our defense and compensate for our lax defenders on the perimeter. i was wrong in my initial post- i think this trade would be benefit the raptors tremendously. nevertheless, i think the lakers would do this trade too only because coach jackson seems to think very little of bynum and is very comfortable benching him at the end of games in favour of a lineup of gasol and odom.

15. deception

u need a brain.

16. Sex Panther

Sex Panther works every time.

Ask.
    There are very few people the lakers would trade bynum for (lebron, dwight), Bosh isn't one of them

17. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

PJax made those comments 4 years ago. Since then the Lakers have vastly improved in the frontcourt.

Why do think PJax thinks little of Bynum? He's been in the lineup to close out games this year and is having a breakout season. He's done everything the coaching staff has asked of him.

Those two knee injuries were freak accidents. That doesn't translate into Bynum being injury prone.

18. Boob-No-More

Jackson must not be too down on Bynum. He's playing him more minutes than everyone on that team not named Kobe. Bynum is currently averaging 35.1 MPG. Pau is at 31.7 MPG and Odom is at 31.4.

Still, there are situations where is makes sense to go with more experienced players - like in the play-offs last season. I wouldn't read too much into it. Bynum was only 21 during last year's championship run. Phil was also known to bench Shaq in his prime (due to poor FT shooting) in the 4th quarter of close games. Whatever the case, Bynum is playing better now than at any point in his career. He is getting a lot more minutes and playing more in the 4th quarter as a result.

BNM

19. deception

two major injuries and he's 22- ill let the evidence speak for itself. and bynum has been closing out games because gasol just came back from injury. if he played dj menga and josh powell ahead of bynum- he would be senile and i think he's faculties are working just fine. im almost certain that he trusts gasol and even odom a lot more than bynum and im certain thats the frontcourt he's going to close out games with in the playoffs.

20. Boob-No-More

Yeah, the last one was really whack. Kind of like how Greg Oden gets labeled as injury prone when he comes down on Bynum's foot and misses 6 games. That happens to anyone else, and it doesn't even get noticed. It happens to Oden and he's the next Sam Bowie. People over react to this shit. You need to consider the type of injury and the likelyhood of it reccuring before labeling someone injury prone. You certainly don't give up on a talented 22-year old center having a breakout season because he was injured when a teammate's skull was violently thrust into his knee cap. Everyone alive, with the possible exception of Chuck Norris, would have been injured just as bad if that happened to them.

If I was building a franchise today and someone offered me the choice of Andrew Bynum and Chris Bosh, I'd take Bynum without hesitation. Of course, I'm a guy that also preferred Oden over Durant, and would still take Oden today. I place a high premium on big men who rebound and defend the paint. They are hard to come by and make winning so much easier.

BNM