I would trade Bosh for Bynum, and that would solve all the problems

Discussion in 'Toronto Raptors' started by DennisRodman, Dec 3, 2009.

1. deception

deception JBB Banned Member

best season by far- he's putting up mvp numbers. although, there are obvious flaws in his game. for instance, teams are sending multiple defenders and he isnt passing out of the triple team and he's forcing a lot of shots of late. also, he literally won all 7 games in november by himself and kept the raps in the other with his effort- so he's showing signs of exhaustion.

to be perfectly honest- i dont think he's going to resign with us, especially in light of his recent comments where he suggested the team wasnt good enough.

and boob- i never proposed the trade nor did i say the raps would do it, all i said was that irrespective of contract issues, the lakers would do it in a heartbeat.

2. Boob-No-More

Boob-No-More Why you no hire big man coach?

I'm not claiming "modern" PFs don't need to be verstatile. Versatility, being good at multiple things, is never a bad thing. However, Aldridge benefits from playing next to two great rebounding, excellent defending centers. Couple Aldridge with Bargnani and it would be a disaster. You'd end up with weak rebounding, very little low post scoring and poor interior defense. Versatility is nice, but you still need guys who can bang down low and do the dirty work. If you don't get that from your PF, you better get it from your center. If both players are soft, perimeter oriented, weak rebounders, you're not going to have much success - especially in the post season.

Bynum/Bosh would be fantastic. Bynum/Gasol is fantastic. Gasol/Bosh would be GOOD, but you do sacrifice both interior defense and low post scoring compared to Bynum/Gasol. That's just one of the reasons I think this would be a bad trade for the Lakers (if is was even possible.).

BNM

3. huevonkiller

huevonkiller Change (Deftones)

Student.
    Bynum/Gasol is not fantastic because Gasol/Odom is superior, Pau's PER is better at the 5. Andrew and Gasol have barely played together anyway. Gasol played the majority of his minutes at the center position last year.

4. huevonkiller

Student.
    Well Toronto is cool I'll root for you guys. Chris has started off pretty well, best wishes to him.

5. Boob-No-More

Who said anything about New Jersey. He might leave to sign with Miami. He is good friends with DWade and there has been previous talk of him ending up in Miami.

The point is, he's an expiring contract. Re-signing him is a risk, and will cost you the max. Bynum is already wrapped up thanks to the extension he signed in October 2008.

BNM

6. DaRizzle

DaRizzle BLAKER

Paul and Deron should be on the same team
    Kobe and Carmelo
    Oden and Dwight
    Duncan and Garnett

duh...

7. huevonkiller

Student.
    Haha nice try, but not quite. I would love those duos, they compliment themselves well.

Deron is also big enough to play a little 2 guard. Not that he's meant for that position. ;]

8. Boob-No-More

No necessarily. Zach Randolph has had similar numbers over the last three years (his scoring is down a little this year), and he's not even a "last ballot" Hall of Famer.

Not saying ZBo is as good as Bosh - he's not. Just saying that multiple 20/10 seasons doesn't guarantee a spot in the Hall, let alone getting in on the 1st ballot.

BNM

9. huevonkiller

Student.
    ZBo. :O

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 3, 2009
  10. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

Bynum already commands a double team and Bosh doesn't, never will. Bynum can guard opposing TRUE centers, Bosh can't and won't.

What exactly can Bosh do on either end of the court Bynum can't? Run the floor is and shoot jumpshots from a further range is all I can think of. I don't want that coming from my big man. I prefer dumping it in the post to Bynum for high percentage looks and drawing fouls on the defense. Bynum is also much improved at passing out of double teams and reading defensive coverages. He'll only get better at it too.

11. huevonkiller

Student.
    They play two different positions though, you can't expect the same kind of skill set. We also have to consider the depth the Lakers have.

Bosh draws a lot of fouls Shape (that he converts), and he's durable which I respect.

12. deception

are u serious? every single opposing teams doesnt just double team bosh, they swarm, in fact, i cant remember the last time he was played straight up. thats part of the problem with bosh- he's an hesitant passer out of the double team

and bosh is no zach randolph boob- one big difference is that bosh actually blocks shots and he hasnt punched out a teammate (ask the kobe stopper) in like forever.

13. deception

right on- he leads the lead in getting to the line and he actually connects at a good percentage.

14. Boob-No-More

Agreed - I said as much in my post.

Just pointing out that four years of 20/10 is not a guaranted 1st ballot Hall of Famer.

BNM

15. Shapecity

Is that pace adjusted? I imagine Bosh gets a lot more touches in Toronto as well. He wouldn't have those same luxuries in LA.

16. huevonkiller

Student.
    Bosh has a free throw draw rate of 24.4%, Bynum is at 15%. Chris is a beast in this regard.

17. Shapecity

Would you rather have Bynum or Bosh?

18. Shapecity

Bosh also has a much higher USG% of 29.5 versus 21.2 for Bynum

19. deception

with our team- bynum because we have scorers but dont have dominating shot blockers. although, personally i would makes around bosh like trading caledron and bargnani.

20. Shapecity

The Lakers have better scorers so why would they need Bosh?