If Kreider starts shooting consistently

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by dumpstralmannow, Mar 15, 2014.

1. dumpstralmannow

dumpstralmannow Active Member

he should score 30 to 35 goals in his sleep every season. It's amazing how many times this guy because of his insane speed has wide open shots down the wing from 15 to 30 feet out. As one poster said. He needs to give Nash the finger and claim the goal scorer role on the team. Kreider can get many more chances than Nash can at this point. When Nash decides to not be a 25 goal scorer, Kreider and Stepan can pass him the puck again.

2. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

Man, if only they had one more prospect with that kind of ability. Sometimes i actually envy the Isles and all those top 10 picks they get.lol

3. chuckd3534

chuckd3534 Well-Known Member

In many ways Kreider has been better than Nash this season. Kreider has played 10 more games and has 3 less goals, but he also has 3 more points, and is a + 12 to Nash's + 2. At the very least it has been real close, and to me that tells you all you need to know about Nash this season.

It also 100% matters to me that Nash has 12 of his 20 goals in a 15 game stretch. The other 36 games he has 8 goals. That is not good enough by a long shot, especially for a guy with a 7.8 mill cap hit. Nash has been pretty bad this season. Anisimov and Dubi both have more points, and AA has as many goals.

Kreider has had his ups and downs, but that is to be expected of a guy in his first full season, and he will still score 20 goals (or close to it) despite the fact that he missed the first 7 games in the AHL.

Pretty impressive. Also hammers home how terrible Nash has been outside of a 15 game stretch.

4. dumpstralmannow

dumpstralmannow Active Member

Nash's game against Chicago is why you make that deal. That goal to make it 2-0 is a move and shot that Dubinsky or Anisimov couldn't make in a million years. The problem with Nash is the same with a lot of elite talents in sports. He plays when he wants to play. I'm hoping they try to find a very similar player to Kreider in this years draft provided they still have the first rounder which they should since I don't see them getting to the conference finals.

5. Ranger71

Nash gets in these crazy modes where he tries carrying the puck through four defenders, which sometimes results in penalties but mostly ends up with him not getting a shot.

6. chuckd3534

chuckd3534 Well-Known Member

At this moment there is simply no way to argue that was a good trade for us. It still can be no doubt, but right now that trade looks like a bad one for us.

Invisible in the playoffs. Invisible for most of this season outside of a 15 game stretch. Anisimov and Dubi both have more points than him this season. Nash has a 7.8 mill per cap hit.

At the moment that is a bad trade. I am not saying I wouldn't still make that deal as I clearly would have when we made it, but if we were having an honest discussion about how that trade has played out thus far, the only conclusion is that deal has not been a good one for us. Let's hope it gets better.

7. Ranger71

They need to figure out how to unlock his scoring more, I think it's simply getting him a better C, someone who can draw defenders and find him in space.

8. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

71, I think CK will score more with his recent attitude the last week of taking as many shots as he can as with his great shots he is going to get goals by accident. Keep it up chris and please AV keep him away from nash or chris keep giving nash the finger and keep shooting when you have the shot.

9. Ranger71

I was referring to Nash but that's true with Kreider.