If Not For A SF, Would You Trade Rudy...

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by oldguy, May 2, 2009.

1. MrJayremmie

MrJayremmie Well-Known Member

My answers...

Yes: I would trade Rudy if he netted us any of my top 12 PGs minus Brooks who is on my list.
    Yes: I would trade Rudy in a package if the package we got in return significantly made our team better, mainly because I think Rudy will probably always be a backup and i'd trade a backup (or someone projected to be a backup for his stay here) for a starter (of course depends on the starter).
    No: It isn't going to happen because he won't really net us as much as we think and trading him probably wouldn't be a smart move anyway. I really like him on our team... perfect 6th man alongside Joel off the bench in my mind. I would also very much like to see the improvements he makes in the offseason and see if he can bulk up which may allow him to play SF a bit more.

2. oldguy

oldguy Well-Known Member

No doubt!

The kid has BBIQ, and it's hard to overstate how important that is. He's a lock down defender, and that's hard to come by. He needs some bulk so he can lock down players stronger than him, and he should be able to do that, given his work ethic and young age.

If I was a betting guy, I'd bet he'll be an all star....maybe not next season, but the season after.

A steal indeed!

3. cdub503

cdub503 Well-Known Member

batum will keep his starting position in my mind to keep the stars on other teams from goin off early and bring martell off the bench for scoring and to spread the floor (even more than outlaw) for rudy so he can slash a little bit more i think rudy cant really slash now because he didnt have much of a 3point threat to open up the middle especially when they have greg coming off the bench where he needs too people to be focused on greg so he doesnt get easy points/rebounds. if joel is coming off the bench next year he doesnt command a double team so he will be able to slash more than he was this year imo

4. STOMP

STOMP mere fan

I'm a big proponent of having good defenders in the frontcourt so of course I'm absolutely stocked he's on the club. Dude has been a breath of fresh air at SF showing more game/ability then Trav or Martell ever have. Great value at #25... but acquiring Rudy with the #24 (2007) was also a great move.

I'm not sure which one is more likely to take a bigger step forward next year. Both would likely benefit by hitting the weights and protein shakes this offseason, but both already have advanced games and should have solid roles with the club as we go forward.

STOMP

5. Wizard Mentor

Wizard Mentor Wizard Mentor

Master of Xen Foro
    Rudy has great chemistry with the team.

Rudy's value to Blazers > Rudy's trade value (IMO)

Therefore, Rudy does not get traded.

Would I trade Rudy for Devin Harris? Yes. Would NJ? No.

/end thread :lol: