If the Lakers got KG....

Discussion in 'Los Angeles Lakers' started by olskoolfunktitude, May 14, 2006.

1. olskoolfunktitude

olskoolfunktitude JBB The Pig Pirate

I know this is a big hypothetical but if we were to go on the assumption that the lakers have the best chance out of any team to lure KG away from Minnesota, would there be any other team who could beat the lakers? Kobe and KG would be capable of putting up 50 points, 18 rebounds, and 10 assists a night between the two of them EASILY. if teams had to gaurd kobe and KG it would make anyone you threw in next to them a lot more dangerous instantly and as you of course konw, kobe and KG can each be shut down defenders, making the defensive dutys for the entire team that much easier as well. Im not sure that lakers would be an automoc lock for the finals on a yearly basis but if they were to add an efficient playmaking point guard and andrew bynum developes the way he seems to be capable of the lakers (much as it makes me sick to think about) could be borderline untouchable for a handful of years until kobe and kg begin to go downhill.
    Who (if anyone) do you think could beat the lakers (assuming Detroit and San Antonio eventually decline and stop dominating the entire league) under this scenario? IS there anyone who would end up more dangerous than the lakers out of landing KG? and what would the lakers have to trade to get him?

2. VinsanityVC15

VinsanityVC15 JBB JustBBall Member

yah they can be stopped they need roll players to help them. they would get very far in the play offs and i think the stats are alittle low for them maybe like 55 points 20 rebounds and 15 assists.

3. Yournewchef

Yournewchef Whippin up a cake.

Superstars can't win w/o role players, role players cannot win w/o superstars. The painful 2004 Detroit Pistons proved that.

4. 1kobe2gasol3bynum4odom

1kobe2gasol3bynum4odom JBB JustBBall Member

uh...there are a lot of teams that can probably offer better than the Lakers, the most standout is Indiana Pacers, Chicago Bulls, New York Knicks, and heck I even put New Jersey Nets in there.

And if we would to make a trade for Garnett, Bynum likely be gone. But I agreed with Kobe and KG, it doens't matter what player you put around them, these two will give the other guys easy wide open jumpshot every game. All they need is practice practice practice shooting jumper. But anyway, don't even think about getting KG because that likely won't happen anyway. The T-wolve owner already confirmed that KG is untradeable unless he demands to be trade which isn't his personality; the guy is extremely loyal to the Sota. I dont' see him being trade this offseason so don't put too much hope in it.

5. bbwtrench

bbwtrench BBW Member

There is alot of other teams that can offer better than the Lakers, but where does Garnett want to play? That is the question? Im sure the Lakers has crossed his mind.

6. Really Lost One

Really Lost One Suspended

just because we have KG and kobe on our team doesnt mean anything. you see, the only reason why i was against the whole KG trade is because we will trade away a lot of our depth. if we do land KG, i really dont think our bench will be strong at all. and if one of them goes down in injury, we are screwed. anyways, you need role players to win, and giving how much we need to trade away for KG, we will be on the short end there. either way, we should be one of the top 5 teams in the west at least, but i dont expect us to compete for any championship for maybe a year or two.

7. Flow

Flow ATLiens

Studdying
    70/12 (W/L)

(Lol;D)

8. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

Sure, the Lakers don't have all the right pieces to acquire Garnett, but where does he want to play? Minnesota will listen to Garnett if he does request a trade out, because he slaved so many years there. He built the team, he got them respect, he was their face for many years, he'll have a major say in where he goes.

Why does that help the Lakers? Kobe and Garnett are great friends. Garnett has some houses in Malibu and he has the desire to win, much like Kobe Bryant. Imagine Kobe and Garnett, together? That's not another Shaq and Kobe duo. Garnett will not get lazy and out of shape, like Shaq. He keeps himself in tip top shape.

If the two are paired together next season, you can expect Garnett to average something like: 22, 12, and 5 to go along with Kobe's 30, 6, and 6.

It'll be a beautiful thing, but we can't get ahead of ourselves. Kobe and Garnett doesn't even guarantee us a top 5 finish in the west. We need role players to become even more of a threat.

Right now, we can only wish for Garnett...he's a pipe drem, but until then, I'm sure all Laker fans will keep their head up.

9. Flow

Flow ATLiens

Studdying
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting TheBlackMamba:</div><div class="quote_post">Sure, the Lakers don't have all the right pieces to acquire Garnett, but where does he want to play? Minnesota will listen to Garnett if he does request a trade out, because he slaved so many years there. He built the team, he got them respect, he was their face for many years, he'll have a major say in where he goes.

Why does that help the Lakers? Kobe and Garnett are great friends. Garnett has some houses in Malibu and he has the desire to win, much like Kobe Bryant. Imagine Kobe and Garnett, together? That's not another Shaq and Kobe duo. Garnett will not get lazy and out of shape, like Shaq. He keeps himself in tip top shape.

If the two are paired together next season, you can expect Garnett to average something like: 22, 12, and 5 to go along with Kobe's 30, 6, and 6.

It'll be a beautiful thing, but we can't get ahead of ourselves. Kobe and Garnett doesn't even guarantee us a top 5 finish in the west. We need role players to become even more of a threat.

Right now, we can only wish for Garnett...he's a pipe drem, but until then, I'm sure all Laker fans will keep their head up.</div>Yes, you're right. Cause when Kobe and ShaQ played together and got their 'chips. They had Horry, Fox. And at one season: Payton, Malone. It depends who will they give up if the trade idea comes into reality.

10. Rishaun

Rishaun JBB JustBBall Member

Lakers is go to get KG.