If the Rangers sign Jack Johnson

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by kreidertime, Oct 9, 2020.

1. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

I'm personally going to spit Covid in JD and Gorton's face. What the fuck are those stupid bastards thinking. He sucks.

2. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

Yeah i don't get that, at all. Has to be a few others they can explore before him.

3. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

They signed him for 1 year 1 million. This fuckhead better never see one NHL game and rot in the minors.

4. NYR Fan

NYR Fan Well-Known Member

If that's the LD we add huge swing and a miss. Considering 1 mill can be buried in the AHL, I am hoping he is the 7th dman/AHL vet.

5. NYR Fan

The issues with Jack Johnson were his contract and usage. Now that he is in on a one year deal for $1.15 million it’s a decent depth signing. The Rangers are going to give both Libor Hajek, K’Andre Miller, and Tarmo Reunanen a chance to take the spots open on left defense.

Johnson is the team’s insurance policy and 7th D. At best he will play third pair minutes and be adequate. My point is that no one needs to be up in arms over this signing.

6. NYR Fan

This concerns me. If the plan is stick with what we have at LD and just add Johnson, that isn't good enough. And maybe add no one upfront. I know we have one more year of rebuilding ahead - and getting out of Smith's contract, and having a huge drop in buyout cap penalties - but I am hoping for a little bit more.

7. Ranger71

Well, if this tickles your fancy or gets you excited, i did see they may have interest in bringing back........Brian Boyle!

8. Ranger71

If Hajek isn't ready for F/T by this season, injuries not withstanding, then that's not a great sign.