If there was a one-on-one skills challenge in allstar weekend...

Discussion in 'Warriors Lounge' started by Custodianrules2, Jun 1, 2005.

1. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

Who would win? Basically any 1 vs. 1 matchup, who would take all?

I think it'd have to be Allen Iverson for any matchups 6'3 and under and I'd give Stevie Francis and Baron Davis credit for staying close. A.I. is just too quick and fluid on that crossover.

For shooting guards 6'4 through 6'8 who would that be?

Pretty close between T-mac and Kobe, I think. I would also say Dwayne Wade, but if you make him go left he goes for the jump shot rather than take it in strong. Sort of like what Richardson does in that when he drives all the way to the basket he'll only do it going right. If he goes left, he'll pull up or spin into the lane for a midrange shot.

2. sactomofo

sactomofo BBW Member

I think that Kevin Garnett could beat any player in the NBA 1 on 1. He can shoot, rebound, is quick enough to defend, long enough to defend and block shots and he has a dominant post game. I just dont see KG losing to anyone.

3. CohanHater

CohanHater JBB JustBBall Member

Enterprise Architect
    Arenas would probably be on that list as well. He and Wade are a step down from Kobe and TMac, but they'd be competetive.

4. Custodianrules2

Sacto!

Actually one person I forgot to consider for 6'6 to 6'8 matchups would be Paul Pierce. I'd imagine 6'6 230 lbs would be hard to guard with that strength and athleticism. A body type like that could take a lot of contact in mid air and not have to adjust as much or bounce off in midair and mess up the shot.

5. wtwalker77

wtwalker77 JBB JustBBall Member

It'd be hard to just have everyone go at each other if you're playing make it/take it. If Duncan was matched up against Iverson, whoever got the ball first would win because Duncan would just post AI up and AI would take Ducan from the outside.

But if you split it up into guards, forwards, and big men, I'd take:

guard: Wade
    forward: Lebron
    big man: Garnett

6. AA13

AA13 JBB JustBBall Member

LeBron and Garnett could beat anyone in the leauge one-on-one. The both are so versitale. They both can dribble like a guard and have exellent face up games. They can also take most players in the post and score over them.

7. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting wtwalker77:</div><div class="quote_post">It'd be hard to just have everyone go at each other if you're playing make it/take it. If Duncan was matched up against Iverson, whoever got the ball first would win because Duncan would just post AI up and AI would take Ducan from the outside.

But if you split it up into guards, forwards, and big men, I'd take:

guard: Wade
    forward: Lebron
    big man: Garnett</div> Splitting it up by position was the original idea of the topic, but I guess I was unclear about what I meant. I sometimes do that.

I almost think dunk contests should be separated by positions because judges will never rate the guards the same way they will with lumbering power forwards who can't jump as high because of the weight and different body types.