If Wolves Don't Improve, KG Wants Out

Discussion in 'Minnesota Timberwolves' started by bbwSwish, Aug 9, 2006.

1. bbwSwish

bbwSwish Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.

<div align="center">[​IMG]</div>

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Slam Magazine - In a recent Q&A session with Slam Magazine, Kevin Garnett stated he'd like to see management make more player acquisitions and hinted at the possibility of leaving Minnesota if the team doesn't improve.

Regarding the moves management made so far, Garnett said, "I feel like getting Mike James was a start, but that?s not enough. We need some more solid players to contribute..."

When asked if he'd want to leave Minnesota if the team didn't improve, Garnett said, "I got to...If you?re not working towards a championship, then why are we in this? I?m in it to win, man, I?m not in it to be coming back talking about next year. I?m 30. I?ve probably got 4 to 5 years, you know what I?m saying? My clock is ticking, man. I?m almost like a woman who?s trying to get pregnant. My years are limited, so my clock is definitely ticking." </div>

Source

2. lakerskb24

lakerskb24 JBB JustBBall Member

hey that's what everyone's chasing these days....that damn ring

3. BigBalleR8

BigBalleR8 JBB JustBBall Member

^Lol hahha.

4. TheFreshPrince

TheFreshPrince JBB JustBBall Member

Nothin we didnt know, i really hope mchale can move ricky d for a solid center got kg, and it foye steps up, i think he will stay.

5. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

[​IMG]
    Its inevitable.

6. bbwSwish

bbwSwish Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.

When does Garnett's current contract end?

7. TheFreshPrince

^^Lame, wherever garnett goes i'll be a fan of them, but if its the warriors, i'll be pissed

edit, ^^ referring to two post up

8. KG&Me

KG&Me JBB JustBBall Member

Agreed. Im a minny fan first and a KG fan second. But if he does leave I hope he goes somewhere where he can get his ring. I believe he has a player option after this year but his contract ends in 09. Im not positive about that so you might want to double check.

9. NBA MAN

NBA MAN JBB JustBBall Member

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

He's the reason I watch the Timberwolves

10. TheFreshPrince

^^lol, the minny forum will be done if we lose KG

11. Legacy

Legacy Beast

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Run BJM:</div><div class="quote_post">[​IMG]

12. Deadly Assassin

Deadly Assassin JBB JustBBall Member

His contract does end in 09 but he has a player option for the 07/08 season. So does that mean he can opt out after this season and become a FA?

13. TheFreshPrince

I think so, but i hope we can at least trade for him, i dont want to be the team thats in the running for mayo

14. Sabretooth

Sabretooth JBB JustBBall Member

If we continue to stink, I'd get him a card and cheer him wherever he goes. He's done everything in his power by logging heavy minutes, calling potential players to entice them to come to MN, and taking a pay cut. Honestly, when you look at the salaries on the roster and see how it goes from the average of $6 million for everyone else........to $20 for KG, it kinda makes me think he could fork over a little more of his salary. But it's also in the hand of the owner to put his money where his mouth is and get KG help. If they don't, I would think the KG would look between the lines and see that management talks about contention, but doesn't really want it. THAT's what's going to make him go.

15. Run BJM

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting TheFreshPrince:</div><div class="quote_post">^^Lame, wherever garnett goes i'll be a fan of them, but if its the warriors, i'll be pissed</div>
    I think they'd be a pretty good team if they were to get KG. Assuming the package used to get him is one of Baron or J-Rich (I assume J-Rich since hes got higher trade value), Ike Diogu and/or Troy Murphy and some 1st rounders and/or one of Biedrins or O'Bryant. Hell even that seems like alot but that would still leave the Warriors with Baron, Monta Ellis, Biedrins and/or O'Bryant, Pietrus, Dunleavy, Ike Diogu and/or Murphy plus KG and some crappy contract they take from the T'Wolves (Troy Hudson?). Pretty good team and still has some very good young talent.

16. TheFreshPrince

^^I just dont think it'd have more potential then our current team of RD, MJ, KG, Hassell and Foye. I want to see KG traded for young guys, draft picks, and to an instant contender

17. Run BJM

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting TheFreshPrince:</div><div class="quote_post">^^I just dont think it'd have more potential then our current team of RD, MJ, KG, Hassell and Foye. I want to see KG traded for young guys, draft picks, and to an instant contender</div>
    We can probably agree to disagree about which supporting cast would be better. IMO Baron Davis, Mickael Pietrus, Mike Dunleavy, Andris Biedrins, Monta Ellis, Foyle, and maybe one of Diogu/Murphy is better than the T'Wolves supporting cast right now and even more so in the future. But again, I doubt we'll agree on that.

I understand you'd want KG traded to a contender but what contending teams would have the young talent, star veterans, or picks to be able to acquire him? He'll surely go to a team like the Bulls, Celtics, Warriors, Magic, etc. because they have so much young talent, veterans who are close to all-star level and still improving, and are willing to deal picks.

18. TheFreshPrince

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Run BJM:</div><div class="quote_post">We can probably agree to disagree about which supporting cast would be better. IMO Baron Davis, Mickael Pietrus, Mike Dunleavy, Andris Biedrins, Monta Ellis, Foyle, and maybe one of Diogu/Murphy is better than the T'Wolves supporting cast right now and even more so in the future. But again, I doubt we'll agree on that.

I understand you'd want KG traded to a contender but what contending teams would have the young talent, star veterans, or picks to be able to acquire him? He'll surely go to a team like the Bulls, Celtics, Warriors, Magic, etc. because they have so much young talent, veterans who are close to all-star level and still improving, and are willing to deal picks.</div>

Yeah, i've thought about that, and the only team i can think of is the mavs, and bulls. Mavs could give us devin, josh, and a bunch of picks or something. The bulls have tons of young guys, like tyrus, gordon, deng, nocioni, all that stuff, plus a knicks first rounder which is gold. This is the main reaason why i dont want kg to be traded

19. AKIRA

AKIRA GO LAKERS!!!

more things
    Do you guys think KG will last the whole 06-07 season as a timberwolve, or request a trade before all-star?

20. Laker_fan

Laker_fan JBB JustBBall Member

I seriously hope the Timberwolves fail miserably this season so the Lakers will have a shot at aquiring him.