OT If you are or have been in the Military- what do you think about the withdrawal from Syria?

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by Further, Dec 20, 2018.

1. CupWizier

CupWizier Well-Known Member

retired
    The Turks, the Arabs, the Russians, the Chinese and the North Koreans have as well just to name some others.

2. CupWizier

retired
    It's factual in that is what they said. Unless you are privy to the inner details it could very well be some lip service to protect Trump. Remember, we had a Navy medical doctor fill out a report that says Trump weighs 235 lbs on his 6'3" frame. No way, not from a guy that eats Big Macs and drinks coke all day.

3. barfo

barfo triggered obsessive commie pinko Staff Member Global Moderator

The DOD never lies?

Even if it doesn't, the contents of that tweet seem rather subjective.

But, if you are just saying that Fox reported on the contents of the tweet accurately, then ok.

barfo

Lanny and CupWizier like this.
  4. CupWizier

retired
    Well until I hear Sarah Sanders or Kellyanne Conway say it I will be sceptical.

5. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    They've already paid for it, and then some.

6. barfo

barfo triggered obsessive commie pinko Staff Member Global Moderator

I hear Mexico has paid off our entire national debt, and bought everyone in the US a new car!

barfo

7. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    FIFY.

Trump made no promise the Kurds directly, that was Obama's lie and Obama cruelly let the Kurds suffer for nearly 2 years without supplying the backup he promised, nearly becoming a billionaire from the "donations of gratitude" received from war profiteers in the last 2 years.

Trump came in with a real offensive and immediately laid ISIS to waste, as Obama promised but reneged on, and now Trump is bringing soldiers home from Obama's war-for-profit just as he campaigned on.

Fuck the whole backward, comparably retarded region if they can't behave like adults.

America cannot stand still for 100 years while the middle-east slowly evolves in their futile attempt to catch up.

8. BrianFromWA

BrianFromWA Editor in Chief Staff Member Editor in Chief

[​IMG]

MARIS61 likes this.
  9. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    Obama's debt is 20 times Mexico's GDP, so send him the bill.

10. CupWizier

retired
    HOW MUCH DID YOU DONATE TO THE WALL FUND?

11. CupWizier

retired
    Actually they haven't. Are you using trumpenomics? In other words, lying, lol

12. jlprk

jlprk The ESPN mod is insane.

retired, while you work!
    Substitute "State Dept." for "Obama" or the "Deep State." To his credit, Obama resisted the State Dept. and refused to make it a bigger war. The State Dept. runs the intelligence agencies, which run the news media, which dislike Trump and like Hillary because...she ran the State Dept. like a submissive clerk by following advice from...the Deep State head honchos in the State Dept. motivated to make Israel a calm island surrounded by eternal chaos. Small world, ain't it? Tight little circle, small cast of characters.

bodyman5000 and 1 and MARIS61 like this.
  13. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    Graham says 'I feel pretty good' about Syria after lunch with Trump

By Gregg Re, Samuel Chamberlain | Fox News

Sen. Lindsey Graham meets with Trump to discuss Syria and the partial government shutdown, says he left encouraged

Sen. Graham and the president discussed the importance of a deal with Democrats to end the shutdown and the U.S. troop withdrawal from Syria; Ellison Barber reports.

Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., told reporters Sunday that "I feel pretty good about where we're headed" in Syria after suggesting that President Trump is "reconsidering" the planned pullout which had drawn bipartisan criticism and forced the resignation of Defense Secretary James Mattis.

Graham emerged from the White House after a two-hour lunch with Trump and said the president "told me some things I didn't know that make me feel a lot better about where we're headed in Syria."

"He promised to destroy ISIS. He's going to keep that promise," Graham said of Trump. "We're not there yet. But as I said today, we're inside the 10-yard line and the president understands the need to finish the job."

Earlier Sunday, Graham called on Trump to reverse his decision to withdraw U.S. troops from Syria in a wide-ranging interview broadcast on CNN's "State of the Union."

"If we leave now, the Kurds are going to get slaughtered," Graham told host Dana Bash, adding that Trump had discussed the matter with Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Joseph Dunford and was "reconsidering how we do this."

"He's frustrated. I get it. People should pay more. They should fight more," Graham said. "But we're not the policemen of the world here. We're fighting a war against ISIS. They're still not defeated in Syria. I'm asking the president to make sure that we have troops there to protect us. Don't outsource our national security to some foreign power. If we leave now, the Kurds are going to get into a fight with Turkey, they could get slaughtered."

Graham echoed that theme outside the White House, telling reporters that the Kurds "stepped up when nobody else would" to fight ISIS.

Is it possible for the Kurds to find common ground with Assad after the president withdraws US troops from Syria?
    Former State Department senior adviser Christian Whiton says it’s not the job of the U.S. to create a Kurdish state in Syria.

"The last thing in the world we want is a war for Turkey and the Kurds," Graham said. "That takes pressure off ISIS. The last thing we want in addition to that is Iran to be the big winner here. So I think the president's going to finish the job when it comes to ISIS. I share his goal to withdraw our forces from Syria. I just want to do it in a smart way to make sure that Iran’s not the big winner."

In his interview with CNN, Graham also characterized former President Barack Obama's justification for pulling troops out of Iraq in 2011 -- a move widely credited with allowing the rapid rise of the terrorist group ISIS there -- as a "bunch of bullsh--, pardon my French."

Graham rejected the idea that the 2008 U.S.–Iraq Status of Forces Agreement, signed by President George W. Bush, had forced Obama's hand. The agreement called for all U.S. forces to leave the country by the end of 2011.

“That’s a complete and absolute lie," Graham said. "I was there, talking to the prime minister of Iraq -- Obama wanted to get to zero. He got to zero. October 21, 2011, I said I hope the president is right, but I fear this decision will come back to haunt us. ISIS came about as a result of our withdrawal from Iraq."

Everything we're dealing with today falls on Obama's watch," Graham added. "He's the one that withdrew from Iraq."

U.S. defense officials tell Fox News that Russian-backed Syrian government forces have moved into the outskirts of a key strategic town in northern Syria after U.S.-backed Kurdish fighters invited Assad's forces to protect it from Turkey; analysis from Dan Hoffman, Fox News contributor and former CIA station chief.

After lunch with the president, Graham said that he thought Trump's post-Christmas visit to Iraq was "eye-opening."

"The commanders there told him that ISIS was in a world of hurt," the senator said. "Not completely destroyed but well on their way. I think operations to completely destroy and decimate ISIS are going to be ongoing and are going to be accelerated.

"So the president assured me that he's going to make sure he gets the job done and I assured him that nobody has done more to defeat ISIS than he has," Graham added.

Graham later tweeted: "I learned a lot from President @realDonaldTrump about our efforts in Syria that was reassuring. The President will make sure any withdrawal from Syria will be done in a fashion to ensure: 1) ISIS is permanently destroyed. 2) Iran doesn’t fill in the back end, and 3) our Kurdish allies are protected.

"President @realDonaldTrump is talking with our commanders and working with our allies to make sure these three objectives are met as we implement the withdrawal," Graham concluded.

In a video shot outside the White House and posted to his Twitter account earlier this month, Trump explained his sudden decision to pull troops out of Syria hours earlier in unusually personal terms, saying he has found it increasingly difficult to inform soldiers' loved ones that their kin had died in combat.

"We've been fighting for a long time in Syria," Trump said. "I've been president for almost two years, and we've really stepped it up. And we've won against ISIS. We've been them, and we've beaten them badly. And now it's time for our troops to come back home."
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/graham-says-i-feel-pretty-good-about-syria-after-lunch-with-trump

14. Lanny

Lanny Original Season Ticket Holder "Mr. Big Shot"

Elec. & Computer Engineer OSU Computer Science PSU
    Fox, ha ha ha ha ha ha

15. Lanny

Us progressive Liberals have the press in our back pocket. How do you think we squelched the reports that Elvis was alive and that we didn't really land on the moon and that Area 51 contains alien remains? Yes, we are that clever and that devious.
    Oops, I've said too much. I think I hear a knock at the door. OMG, looks like the deep state is here to punish me for revealing secrets.

16. bodyman5000 and 1

bodyman5000 and 1 Lions, Tigers, Me, Bears

MARIS61 likes this.
  17. jlprk

retired, while you work!
    Do you believe that any wars should ever end? How would you suggest that any war should be ended? Remember all the reasoning against ending the Vietnam War which prolonged the inevitable outcome for years? Same reasons the warmongers still give, war after war. Somehow the world always keeps spinning even after the invader just declares victory and leaves.

MARIS61 likes this.
  18. riverman

riverman Writing Team

bugs and coyote.gif

bodyman5000 and 1 likes this.
  19. Lanny

I believe that we should never again suffer an attack as devastating as the one on 9-11. Don't you?

20. jlprk

retired, while you work!
    No. The only way to be certain is to enslave the world.

You sound like a monster with blood on your mouth, always assuming it's the other guy's fault, never looking for causes, just looking for excuses to kill millions. Other countries lose people, and don't destroy the world in revenge. Have you ever considered a non-war solution, like, to stop the ongoing colonialism which pisses off a billion Muslims?

MarAzul and bodyman5000 and 1 like this.