If you're not on the L-Train, what are you waiting for?

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Blazer Fanatic, Jan 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

I think he's playing amazing basketball right now. I'm glad we have him, but I also don't see any harm in discussing the one part of his game that drives me nuts. Those long jumpers can be maddening at times.

2. KeepOnRollin

KeepOnRollin Well-Known Member

If someone needs a break then they should take a break. If we don't like something we don't have to read it.

3. Buffalo Blazer

Buffalo Blazer Member

Ehh. I just like talking basketball.

4. PapaG

PapaG Banned User BANNED

Seems pretty obvious to me that in Brian's thread about Lillard, posters aren't bashing Lillard (why would they?), yet in this thread, arguably the leading MVP candidate in the NBA, and best player on the team, is getting ripped apart by a few posters.

If you can't understand that, NateBishop3, I don't know what else to tell you.

Blazer Fanatic likes this.
  5. Hobbesarable

Hobbesarable Cartoon Character

Do you have a favorite player, current and past?

6. Hobbesarable

Yet, some have to respond as if it's slowly poisoning their soul. I know. That's dramatic!

7. PapaG

PapaG Banned User BANNED

Or, if we don't like something, we can point it out in the thread. This was supposed to be a thread praising LMA, which seems fairly reasonable for a Blazer board, until two of the bigger know anti-LMA posters hi-jacked it to start criticizing LMA.

One of them made an absolute fool out of himself this summer with his non-stop LMA bashing, and he still carries it over to this season. Yes, I am sick of it. How about a Sticky thread so blue9 and BrianfromWA can find various ways to post "jump shooter" and "poor rebounder" over and over and over and over again?

8. PapaG

PapaG Banned User BANNED

I haven't seen you post a thing about LMA in this thread. Huh wut?

9. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

Or you could just stop addressing the poster and start addressing the content of his post. If you think it's ridiculous, refute his points. I'm tired of people questioning whether someone is a fan or not simply because they don't agree with their post.

If you can't understand that, PapaG, I don't know what else to tell you.

10. BrianFromWA

BrianFromWA Editor in Chief Staff Member Editor in Chief

I'm sorry that the (statistically verifiable) truth doesn't fit your narrative (again, just like this summer). You're welcome to go somewhere that doesn't make you sick. My intention is to inform, not injure.

11. Hobbesarable

I like LA. Now you've seen me post something about LA in this thread.

12. Buffalo Blazer

Buffalo Blazer Member

I've always just been an NBA fan, although I've always liked Portland's vibe. I became a casual Blazers fan during the Roy days, but didn't get to watch much because I didn't have league pass. So past, I'd say Roy.

I got LP last year and immediately fell in love with the team and watched probably 70/82 games. I love the team basketball component; I don't like watching guys like KD play iso. Present favorite, I'd say Batum.

13. PapaG

PapaG Banned User BANNED

Proof from this summer? You mean when you were reacting based on a few media reports, and basically insulted any poster who disagreed with your "Shit My Pants" strategy of a LMA firewalls?

I keep hearing about stats, yet when somebody posts 30-9, they are mocked. As the saying goes, you are what your record is, and LMA is deservedly getting praise. If picking on a few supposed weaknesses gets you off, so be it. I think it's a waste if time, and knowing your bias re: LMA, rather boring and predictable.

14. BBert

BBert Weasels Ripped My Flesh

Selfless Public Servant
    Then he would be asking an impertinent question.

15. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

In years past I've never been a fan of the "L-Train" nickname. It always seemed like a forced nickname. This is the first year it actually fits.

16. BrianFromWA

BrianFromWA Editor in Chief Staff Member Editor in Chief

It wasn't media reports. It was from LMA saying it. I'll leave it there.

And you're the only one insulting folks. BlazerBoy and Draco and others said to get cap space when he left instead of trading, which (again) is a fine counterargument. I'll discuss that all day long with folks.
    So why isn't Damian, or Lopez, or Wes, or Nic...all of whose games have improved and improved the offense. LMA has done nothing on that front but take more shots. He is the same player (with 3 more attempts per game) on the offensive end as he was in 2012-13, when we were 33-49. How come he "isn't what his record (was)"?

They're not supposed. And what you think of how I should spend my time or how I get off is kind of irrelevant to me. You've shown multiple times (especially re: Outlaw and Miller) that you're not interested in what others have to say, so you're welcome to ignore my predictability and not waste your time.

17. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

Would you rather fight 100 duck-sized horses or one horse-sized duck?

18. MickZagger

MickZagger Well-Known Member

UPS
    She was posting at 1:30 in the morning. She's probably got a wine hangover.

19. PapaG

PapaG Banned User BANNED

Is there anybody who follows the Blazers that is unaware that LMA shoots a lot of jump shots? It's not like cracking the fucking Da Vinci Code here. A person can post as many stats as they want to point out the obvious, I guess.

I also assume that Stotts knows about LMA's propensity for shooting from outside. Or, maybe not, and the OP can Tweet Stotts this hidden information. I also assume that Stotts is fine with where LMA gets his shots, and may even have the offense structured around where LMA gets his shots.

The Blazers are #1 in the NBA in scoring, and #1 in OFF EFF. All this with LMA apparently being misused by Stotts (or maybe LMA is just ignoring Stotts since LMA is guaranteed to leave PDX?). Pointing out the obvious about LMA isn't exactly an earth-shattering discovery, yet the offensive stats that actually matter (team record/OFF EFF/PPG) seem to support how Stotts is using LMA.

Maybe I'm just somebody who cares more about Ws than dwelling on a weakness. I played that game with Andre Miller for a year and a half, and got rightfully called out on it, until the light went on and I realized that Dre had some real strengths to his game, and that his weaknesses were nothing I could control. Of course when I was doing it with Dre, I was a "Dre Hater", and was shouted down for it.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2014
  20. PapaG

PapaG Banned User BANNED

Completely untrue. I listened to people about Dre, and it reshaped my opinion on him. Your revisionist history about your performance last summer is entertaining as always, though. Embrace your bias against LMA, because it's been obvious for years now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.