I'm a Ben Roethlisberger fan

Discussion in 'AFC North' started by Rex Grossman 8, Feb 6, 2006.

1. JHair

JHair NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Re: I'm a Ben Roethlisberger fan

I'll agree that it wasn't one of his best games but whether you like it or not he DID complete that pass on that costly lob on 3rd and long, and he DID break the plane on that "questionable" 3rd and Goal run. I think he played a big role in the game, and he played a huge role getting them TO the game.

2. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (His Greatness @ Feb 6 2006, 04:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AdropOFvenom @ Feb 6 2006, 06:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Ben Roethlisberger had a horrible game in the Super Bowl. Yeah, his team won, but that was only because of....1) The Steelers Defense shutting down the Seahawks Offense (Yeah, they put up yards, but only 10 points)2) Antwann Randle-El throwing the touchdown pass to Hines Ward.3) A very nice run by Willie ParkerHe only led his team down the field once, and that was on a very questionable throw on 3rd and 28 (How was that lob not picked off?) and a questionable 3rd and Goal run by Roethlisberger. Not to mention that he threw 2 costly interceptions.... That is not putting your team in a position to win the game.The Steelers won in spite of Roethlisberger, not because of him.</div>I'm not saying they won BECAUSE of him, my point was that he's a SECOND YEAR QUARTERBACK playing in the biggest game, of course your going to be pressured, if you put JOE MONTANA in the superbowl in his second year I wont be surprised to see him have a similar performance.</div>Joe Montana was drafted in 79Was in the Superbowl in 1981 (Technically his third season, but he was a benchwarmer for Year 1, so it was his second year playing)His stats:14-22, 157yds, 1 TD, 0 INT(just bustin your balls [​IMG] )

3. His Greatness

His Greatness BBW Member

Lmao wow, didnt know that..Well Joe Montana was arguably one of the best superbowl QB's, just brought him in as an example

4. GotSkillz92

GotSkillz92 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (His Greatness @ Feb 6 2006, 07:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Lmao wow, didnt know that..Well Joe Montana was arguably one of the best superbowl QB's, just brought him in as an example</div>Owned [​IMG]

5. His Greatness

His Greatness BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GotSkillz52 @ Feb 6 2006, 06:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (His Greatness @ Feb 6 2006, 07:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Lmao wow, didnt know that..Well Joe Montana was arguably one of the best superbowl QB's, just brought him in as an example</div>Owned [​IMG]</div>hey Im not the one not responding to replies to your posts..

6. GotSkillz92

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (His Greatness @ Feb 6 2006, 07:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GotSkillz52 @ Feb 6 2006, 06:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (His Greatness @ Feb 6 2006, 07:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Lmao wow, didnt know that..Well Joe Montana was arguably one of the best superbowl QB's, just brought him in as an example</div>Owned [​IMG]</div>hey Im not the one not responding to replies to your posts..</div>Which response? I proved my point. I stated all my points and replied to urs. name the posts.

7. JHair

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GotSkillz52 @ Feb 6 2006, 07:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (His Greatness @ Feb 6 2006, 07:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Lmao wow, didnt know that..Well Joe Montana was arguably one of the best superbowl QB's, just brought him in as an example</div>Owned [​IMG]</div>Definition of owned.[​IMG]

8. His Greatness

His Greatness BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Which response? I proved my point. I stated all my points and replied to urs. name the posts.</div><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (His Greatness @ Feb 6 2006, 06:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>So wat won the game buddy? Big Ben with his 22.7 rating. What really is IMPORTANT IS THAT THEY ONLY GAVE UP 10 points. Matt couldve gained 600 yards passing and shaun couldve rushed for 200 but the fact of the matter is they didnt let them score. Thats good defense. Its the most impressive stat. I know he is young but dont prefer to him as elite as everyone else does.</div>LMAO PLEASE, get more realistic dude, 600 yards passing? 200 yards rushing? A GAME IS WON by not letting the opponent scoring OR by scoring more than your opponent, FROM YOUR VIEW, DEFENSE wins games for every team. Superbowl 38, Jake Delhomme had 323 yards and three touchdowns, I'm guessing the defense stopped them because he <u>COUDLVE</u> reached 600 yards? God, your approach is even horrible.</div>You didnt prove your point. I dont even know if you had one to start with.

9. GotSkillz92

[​IMG]Getting owned more severly haha

10. JHair

Wow, you have a lot of class praising an injury.. get out of here

11. GotSkillz92

LMAO PLEASE, get more realistic dude, 600 yards passing? 200 yards rushing? A GAME IS WON by not letting the opponent scoring OR by scoring more than your opponent, FROM YOUR VIEW, DEFENSE wins games for every team. Superbowl 38, Jake Delhomme had 323 yards and three touchdowns, I'm guessing the defense stopped them because he COUDLVE reached 600 yards? God, your approach is even horrible.1st of all DropofVenom proved my point that 10 points were only giving up. They can gain all the yards they want but if they dont do it in the red zone when its counts the much it doesnt mean squat. And in the Panthers game how many picks did delhomme throw and the defense shut Steve Smith down. Hence the quote, DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS.

12. JHair

Defense Wins Championships works sometimes... but uh, I donno about yesterday. Pittsburgh put all their points up on offense and didn't get a turnover 'til late in the game.Yes, their defense helped but it didn't win them the game.

13. GotSkillz92

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JHair @ Feb 6 2006, 07:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Wow, you have a lot of class praising an injury.. get out of here</div>He got owned did'nt he. I wasnt laughing at the injury. O, and im not the one without class u believe all black qb's should run the ball. U make fun of a qb like McNabb that suceeds in passing the ball but u believe he should run because he can. QB's tend to stop running once they get older to evade severe injuries. Steve Young started off running early in his career but stopped later in it. Ur an ignorant person.

14. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JHair @ Feb 6 2006, 04:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Defense Wins Championships works sometimes... but uh, I donno about yesterday. Pittsburgh put all their points up on offense and didn't get a turnover 'til late in the game.Yes, their defense helped but it didn't win them the game.</div>Turnovers arent everything, how about almost every time Seattle got the ball past midfield they were stopped at the 30 yard line or so, forcing the long field goals that ended up being missed kicks. That was the result of great clutch defense.

15. JHair

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GotSkillz52 @ Feb 6 2006, 07:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JHair @ Feb 6 2006, 07:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Wow, you have a lot of class praising an injury.. get out of here</div>He got owned did'nt he. I wasnt laughing at the injury. O, and im not the one without class u believe all black qb's should run the ball. U make fun of a qb like McNabb that suceeds in passing the ball but u believe he should run because he can. QB's tend to stop running once they get older to evade severe injuries. Steve Young started off running early in his career but stopped later in it. Ur an ignorant person.</div>DID I SAY ANYTHING ABOUT HIM BEING BLACK? NO. Now you're the one saying only black players are the ones who get the priveledge to SCRAMBLE?? Ben Roethlisberger scrambled for first downs on several occasions last night, and even had a rushing TD, and he is very WHITE from what I can tell. That's just ONE example.

16. GotSkillz92

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JHair @ Feb 6 2006, 07:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Defense Wins Championships works sometimes... but uh, I donno about yesterday. Pittsburgh put all their points up on offense and didn't get a turnover 'til late in the game.Yes, their defense helped but it didn't win them the game.</div>So what won the game? It wasnt ben Roethlisberger, thats for sure. Hines Ward and Parker won the game on offense for pittsburgh. The defense only gave up 10 points which made it easy 2 win. If you dont score over 10 pts and ur defense is alright like seattle's, your not winning the game. Give credit to your defense because it limited the high scoring colts and bengals to below 18 points.

17. The Marine

The Marine BBW Member

You saying Roethlisberger is overrated? With a Super Bowl ring right now as a 27-4 record as a Starter, that isn't overrated dawg. Thats an icon you see right there. Another interesting fact, Big Ben is the only Quarterback to have better stats than anybody in the league in their first 2 years... You're just jealous that your Eagles choked last year and we didn't.. Well what else can I say? Nothing because that wasn't my team and unlike your team, we didn't make that mistake last night.. Point Proven..ps: Derek don't close this topic, if it get out of hands, then do it. So right now, everybody shut the hell up about Roethlisberger, he is a god right now, ok?

18. GotSkillz92

First of all buddy, Roethlisberger overrated. the only player that choked was ben roethlisberger with his 22.7 qb rating in the superbowl with no td's. He was horrific. Its his defense that has won him all the games. You wouldnt say Trent Dilfer won the superbowl for the ravens in 2000 would you. WHAT icon? He chokes in every big game? Last year he had 3 picks and in the superbowl he has the worst rating ever. How is that an icon. What kids are going to look at Ben and say; Yea I wanna be like Ben and throw pics in big games. It doesnt go that way. O bring up McNabb but fact of the matter is, Ben will never be as good and versatile as McNabb. If McNabb had Hines Ward or Plax they wouldve definetely passed the NFC championship games those 3 times. Ben didnt win the supebowl, the defense did. Only allowed 10 points. Any team in the NFL can score over 10 points in a game. Give credit to the defense that allowed 2 of the most prolific offenses in Colts and Bengals under 18 points. If it wasnt for the defense the seahawks wouldve ran away with this one. The Eagles didnt choke, they just lost to one of the best teams in NFL history. If you remember they blew you out of your own field. And least they only lost by 3. Congrats on a SB, but dont act like Small ben is one of the elite in the NFL because he's not. He's always had a top 5 defense, a really good running game, and very good wr's.

19. The Marine

The Marine BBW Member

You have no idea what you're talking about. Big Ben been hot all year, big deal, he had one bad game in the post season... Big Ben is already an icon, and hate to break it to you but he is the best Quarterback in the league.. next Tom Brady so say what you want but he is already a god in the national football. And don't say Big Ben didn't make any big plays last night because he did.. Ben is already good as McNabb... and he is already good as the rest... Did he have a bad season? uh no.. And how could the Defense win the game for us? Our whole offense the one that won it for us. We had different players stepping up. Big Ben made a lot of big plays with his legs.. Willie Parker made a hell of a play not to mention.. And what about Randel El? He made a great play too.. You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. Keep on hating the Steelers because people are gonna say you don't know what your talking about.

20. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (xpostxscript @ Feb 6 2006, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>You have no idea what you're talking about. Big Ben been hot all year, big deal, he had one bad game in the post season... Big Ben is already an icon, and hate to break it to you but he is the best Quarterback in the league.. next Tom Brady so say what you want but he is already a god in the national football. And don't say Big Ben didn't make any big plays last night because he did.. Ben is already good as McNabb... and he is already good as the rest... Did he have a bad season? uh no.. And how could the Defense win the game for us? Our whole offense the one that won it for us. We had different players stepping up. Big Ben made a lot of big plays with his legs.. Willie Parker made a hell of a play not to mention.. And what about Randel El? He made a great play too.. You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. Keep on hating the Steelers because people are gonna say you don't know what your talking about.</div>Sorry dude, but no.Right now, I would rank Roethlisberger #6 among Quarterbacks in this league. Behind Manning, Brady, McNabb, Palmer, and Brees.Roethlisberger has yet to throw 3000 yards in a seasonRoethlisberger has yet to play 16 games in a seasonWe are talking about someone who went 9-21 for 123 yards passing, 0 Touchdowns, and 2 Interceptions In the Super Bowl.The Steelers won in spite of Roethlisberger, not because of him.Yet you want us to think hes the best Quarterback in football? LMAO.As much as I hate it, the best QB in the league is Tom Brady, Unlike Roethlisberger, he steps his game up on the big stage. Unlike Roethlisberger, he is the LEADER of his team, and Unlike Roethlisberger, he is a Super Bowl MVP.The Defense won this game for the Steelers, they held the high powered Seahawks offense to 10 points. They got the game-changing turnover that led to the Randle-El touchdown pass to put the game away.