I'm a Ben Roethlisberger fan

Discussion in 'AFC North' started by Rex Grossman 8, Feb 6, 2006.

1. Sykotic Soul

Sykotic Soul NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Re: I'm a Ben Roethlisberger fan

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GotSkillz52 @ Feb 6 2006, 08:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>First of all buddy, Roethlisberger overrated. the only player that choked was ben roethlisberger with his 22.7 qb rating in the superbowl with no td's. He was horrific. Its his defense that has won him all the games. You wouldnt say Trent Dilfer won the superbowl for the ravens in 2000 would you. WHAT icon? He chokes in every big game? Last year he had 3 picks and in the superbowl he has the worst rating ever. How is that an icon. What kids are going to look at Ben and say; Yea I wanna be like Ben and throw pics in big games. It doesnt go that way. O bring up McNabb but fact of the matter is, Ben will never be as good and versatile as McNabb. If McNabb had Hines Ward or Plax they wouldve definetely passed the NFC championship games those 3 times. Ben didnt win the supebowl, the defense did. Only allowed 10 points. Any team in the NFL can score over 10 points in a game. Give credit to the defense that allowed 2 of the most prolific offenses in Colts and Bengals under 18 points. If it wasnt for the defense the seahawks wouldve ran away with this one. The Eagles didnt choke, they just lost to one of the best teams in NFL history. If you remember they blew you out of your own field. And least they only lost by 3. Congrats on a SB, but dont act like Small ben is one of the elite in the NFL because he's not. He's always had a top 5 defense, a really good running game, and very good wr's.</div>I will be the first to tell you that I do not like Ben Roethlisberger. But the fact is that he is one of the leagues best Quarterbacks. In the regular season he only had 7 INT's. Sure he only had 17 TD's, but had he played all 16 games he would've had many more TD's and he would have been a Pro-Bowl Quarterback. He was the hottest Quarterback in the playoffs prior to the superbowl. The play-calling was good, and the execution by Ben was great. You talk like he completely sucks. Well in Dan Marino's first superbowl appearance he threw for 1 TD and threw 2 INT's. So his TOTAL Touchdowns and Interceptions were the same as Bens Total Touchdowns and Interceptions in this years superbowl. So are you going to say that Dan Marino wasn't an icon? Ben is all of what, 22 or 23 years old. This was his second year. He's going to make mistakes. McNabb is a veteran Quarterback who quite frankly couldn't manage the game. Big Ben manages the game. He throws 20 passes a game, and he does it effectively. And, well, like it or not, at least Ben can stay effective when healthy unlike McNabb.

2. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sykotic Soul @ Feb 6 2006, 09:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GotSkillz52 @ Feb 6 2006, 08:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>First of all buddy, Roethlisberger overrated. the only player that choked was ben roethlisberger with his 22.7 qb rating in the superbowl with no td's. He was horrific. Its his defense that has won him all the games. You wouldnt say Trent Dilfer won the superbowl for the ravens in 2000 would you. WHAT icon? He chokes in every big game? Last year he had 3 picks and in the superbowl he has the worst rating ever. How is that an icon. What kids are going to look at Ben and say; Yea I wanna be like Ben and throw pics in big games. It doesnt go that way. O bring up McNabb but fact of the matter is, Ben will never be as good and versatile as McNabb. If McNabb had Hines Ward or Plax they wouldve definetely passed the NFC championship games those 3 times. Ben didnt win the supebowl, the defense did. Only allowed 10 points. Any team in the NFL can score over 10 points in a game. Give credit to the defense that allowed 2 of the most prolific offenses in Colts and Bengals under 18 points. If it wasnt for the defense the seahawks wouldve ran away with this one. The Eagles didnt choke, they just lost to one of the best teams in NFL history. If you remember they blew you out of your own field. And least they only lost by 3. Congrats on a SB, but dont act like Small ben is one of the elite in the NFL because he's not. He's always had a top 5 defense, a really good running game, and very good wr's.</div>I will be the first to tell you that I do not like Ben Roethlisberger. But the fact is that he is one of the leagues best Quarterbacks. In the regular season he only had 7 INT's. Sure he only had 17 TD's, but had he played all 16 games he would've had many more TD's and he would have been a Pro-Bowl Quarterback. He was the hottest Quarterback in the playoffs prior to the superbowl. The play-calling was good, and the execution by Ben was great. You talk like he completely sucks. Well in Dan Marino's first superbowl appearance he threw for 1 TD and threw 2 INT's. So his TOTAL Touchdowns and Interceptions were the same as Bens Total Touchdowns and Interceptions in this years superbowl. So are you going to say that Dan Marino wasn't an icon? Ben is all of what, 22 or 23 years old. This was his second year. He's going to make mistakes. McNabb is a veteran Quarterback who quite frankly couldn't manage the game. Big Ben manages the game. He throws 20 passes a game, and he does it effectively. And, well, like it or not, at least Ben can stay effective when healthy unlike McNabb.</div>1) He had 9 INT's in 12 Starts, now projecting that over a 16 Game season he would have most likely thrown 12 Interceptions...which isnt that impressive of a number compared to the 7 you made him out to throw. 2) The Execution by Ben was great? He went 9-21 for 123 yards passing, 0 Touchdowns, and 2 Interceptions In the Super Bowl. The Execution by Ben was closer to Pathetic.3) Your missing the key point between McNabb and Roethlisberger. Donovan McNabb is the LEADER of the Philadelphia Eagles. Ben Roethlisberger is NOT the LEADER of the Pittsburgh Steelers, Jerome Bettis IS.Do I think he is a good QB? Yeah, but this Big Ben is an Top 3 QB in the league is almost laughable.

3. Hypnotic

Hypnotic NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GotSkillz52 @ Feb 6 2006, 06:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>After losing Plaxico Burress this year, i thought they were going nowhere. They proved everybody wrong.</div>Even though I missed Plax's size, he was inconsistent and droped alot of balls.

4. GotSkillz92

GotSkillz92 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (xpostxscript @ Feb 7 2006, 12:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>You have no idea what you're talking about. Big Ben been hot all year, big deal, he had one bad game in the post season... Big Ben is already an icon, and hate to break it to you but he is the best Quarterback in the league.. next Tom Brady so say what you want but he is already a god in the national football. And don't say Big Ben didn't make any big plays last night because he did.. Ben is already good as McNabb... and he is already good as the rest... Did he have a bad season? uh no.. And how could the Defense win the game for us? Our whole offense the one that won it for us. We had different players stepping up. Big Ben made a lot of big plays with his legs.. Willie Parker made a hell of a play not to mention.. And what about Randel El? He made a great play too.. You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. Keep on hating the Steelers because people are gonna say you don't know what your talking about.</div>HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, lay off the crack dude and stop making up stats. Did you ever realize how many times Big Ben threw the ball in a game? Like 12 or 15. Half of those coming off play action passes because of the good running game. HE IS NOT the best QB in the league because he chokes in big games and his numbers dont compare to the best. I can name at least 10 qb's better than roethlisberger last year. Palmer, Brady, McNabb, Manning, Matt Hasselbeck, Brunell, Delhomme, Plummer, Green, and Brees. All of those players had better numbers than Ben and is their leader. he is not the next tom brady because brady stepped up in the superbowls when he was young also. He played great games and named MVP. He also started many FG drives to win the superbowls. BEN doesnt even compare. Their numbers arent even close. You have no idea what your talking bout because the defense did win the game for the steelers. Wake up. 10 pts allowed. Anyone in the NFL can score more than 10 pts in a game. Ive been telling you this forever. I dont hate on the steelers, WHY DONT U READ MY freakin posts and you'll see i have plenty of respect for them. Im just saying ben is overrated. And you if think he's the second best qb in the league, he has to be mega-overrated.

5. Rex Grossman 8

Rex Grossman 8 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

You're talking crap when your Eagles didn't even make the playoffs this year. [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. The Marine

The Marine BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, lay off the crack dude and stop making up stats. Did you ever realize how many times Big Ben threw the ball in a game? Like 12 or 15. Half of those coming off play action passes because of the good running game. HE IS NOT the best QB in the league because he chokes in big games and his numbers dont compare to the best. I can name at least 10 qb's better than roethlisberger last year. Palmer, Brady, McNabb, Manning, Matt Hasselbeck, Brunell, Delhomme, Plummer, Green, and Brees. All of those players had better numbers than Ben and is their leader. he is not the next tom brady because brady stepped up in the superbowls when he was young also. He played great games and named MVP. He also started many FG drives to win the superbowls. BEN doesnt even compare. Their numbers arent even close. You have no idea what your talking bout because the defense did win the game for the steelers. Wake up. 10 pts allowed. Anyone in the NFL can score more than 10 pts in a game. Ive been telling you this forever. I dont hate on the steelers, WHY DONT U READ MY freakin posts and you'll see i have plenty of respect for them. Im just saying ben is overrated. And you if think he's the second best qb in the league, he has to be mega-overrated.</div>How could he choke in big games if he already got a ring??The AFC Championship was a big game for us and Big Ben was on fire...The Division Game was a big game for us and Big Ben was on fire as well...Wild Card game as well. And he did good as hell...He is the best in the league, sorry brother but you need to admit it. You don't gotta throw the ball more than 20 times to be successful. Hell, Big Ben won some games like that and he also won some games throwing the ball for more than 25 times. And our defense didn't win for us, our whole offense stepped up. Randel El made a big play.. Willie Parker was stepping up that day. Ward made some big plays. Big Ben made a lot of big plays for first downs. Alan Faneca made big plays when we needed them. Our defense didnt make any big plays until the 4th Quarter. Thats just you but from what i hear from everybody, he isn't overrated lmao.Just face it, Ben is an elite quarterback and everybody here probably agree with me except like you and some other people who don't like him.

7. GotSkillz92

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (xpostxscript @ Feb 7 2006, 11:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, lay off the crack dude and stop making up stats. Did you ever realize how many times Big Ben threw the ball in a game? Like 12 or 15. Half of those coming off play action passes because of the good running game. HE IS NOT the best QB in the league because he chokes in big games and his numbers dont compare to the best. I can name at least 10 qb's better than roethlisberger last year. Palmer, Brady, McNabb, Manning, Matt Hasselbeck, Brunell, Delhomme, Plummer, Green, and Brees. All of those players had better numbers than Ben and is their leader. he is not the next tom brady because brady stepped up in the superbowls when he was young also. He played great games and named MVP. He also started many FG drives to win the superbowls. BEN doesnt even compare. Their numbers arent even close. You have no idea what your talking bout because the defense did win the game for the steelers. Wake up. 10 pts allowed. Anyone in the NFL can score more than 10 pts in a game. Ive been telling you this forever. I dont hate on the steelers, WHY DONT U READ MY freakin posts and you'll see i have plenty of respect for them. Im just saying ben is overrated. And you if think he's the second best qb in the league, he has to be mega-overrated.</div>How could he choke in big games if he already got a ring??The AFC Championship was a big game for us and Big Ben was on fire...The Division Game was a big game for us and Big Ben was on fire as well...Wild Card game as well. And he did good as hell...He is the best in the league, sorry brother but you need to admit it. You don't gotta throw the ball more than 20 times to be successful. Hell, Big Ben won some games like that and he also won some games throwing the ball for more than 25 times. And our defense didn't win so shut up, our whole offense stepped up. Randel El made a big play.. Willie Parker was stepping up that day. Ward made some big plays. Big Ben made a lot of big plays for first downs. Alan Faneca made big plays when we needed them. Our defense didnt make any big plays until the 4th Quarter. Thats just you but from what i hear from everybody, he isn't overrated lmao.</div>Um he choked with a 22.7 qb rating u ignorant fan. Why dont u freakin read my posts and stop saying the same things over and over. i already proved my point in the last topic and u try to revive trying to save your QB. bottom line steelers won because of defense. 10 FREAKIN POINTS. PUT IT THRU YOUR HEAD. Offense played good but the D won it for them. Ben has choked in every big game he's played in. Dont bring mcnabb or the eagles in because we're talking bout the steelers. you guys are so bias and its hard to prove a point without u guys acting like little babies for your savior Big Ben. How didnt the defense make big plays when they took out djax out of the game after the 1st quarter. Ben is overrated, thats it. Im not going to explain it over and over to a bunch of hard headed fans. I shouldve never brought it up because it seems all of u are riding on his u know what.

8. Rex Grossman 8

To Big Ben[​IMG]<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GotSkillz52 @ Feb 7 2006, 10:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>f</div> [​IMG]

9. GotSkillz92

Listen you stupid idiot. Your an ass of a g-mod. You think you know about sports when really u have the mental capacity of a kindergardener. accept the fact that ben choked in the sb and couldve taken them out of the game. Marino kept them in. He didnt play horrible. Im not complaining about anything you fool. Hes overrated. THATS IT. im tired of these stupid steeler fans thinking they know everything just because they won a superbowl. Im not talking bout this crap anymore. Grow up u little girl get off his u know what.

10. Hypnotic

Hypnotic NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GotSkillz52 @ Feb 7 2006, 11:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Listen you stupid idiot. Your an ass of a g-mod. You think you know about sports when really u have the mental capacity of a kindergardener. accept the fact that ben choked in the sb and couldve taken them out of the game. Marino kept them in. He didnt play horrible. Im not complaining about anything you fool. Hes overrated. THATS IT. im tired of these stupid steeler fans thinking they know everything just because they won a superbowl. Im not talking bout this crap anymore. Grow up u little girl get off his u know what.</div>Dude , chill out. [​IMG]

11. Sykotic Soul

Sykotic Soul NFLC nflcentral.net Member

There weren't 10 QB's who played better than Ben there were 4. Manning, Brady, Palmer, and Hasselbeck. McNabb can't play hurt and just hurt his team by trying to play hurt. If he was as much of a leader as you say he is he would've stepped aside and tried to let 1 of the other QB's try and win the game for them. Mark Brunell? Are you kidding me? He has a good last couple of games and he's better than Ben Roethlisberger? Come on now. That's like saying winning little league compares to winning the superbowl. Jake Delhomme??? The only reason he made the pro-bowl is because the NFC Quarterbacks are so weak. As far as Delhomme goes, how did he play against the Seattle Defense? Jake Plummer? The reason he did any good this year was because they keep the ball out of his hands. Why? Because he's Jake "I should've been a" Plummer. In all of his 15 starts, he had 18 Touchdowns and 7 Interceptions. In Bens what, 13 starts, he had 1 less Touchdown. Broncos made the playoffs running, not because of Jake I should've been a Plummer. And as for Green and Brees, if there so good how come they watched every playoff game in the warmth of there own home? Green is on a team with a great O-line and 2 pheonomenal running backs in Priest Holmes and Larry Johnson. Probably the best Running Back combo in the league if they both stay healthy for 1 season. And as far as Brees being a leader, sorry chief, I'd say that 1 would go to LT. LT is the heart and soul of the chargers. Drew Brees was a 1 hit wonder as some would say. Big Ben is 1 of the NFL's top Quarterbacks in my opinion. I don't like him. I'll tell you the truth. I dont like Big Ben. But I call it the way I see it.

12. Rex Grossman 8

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GotSkillz52 @ Feb 7 2006, 10:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Listen you stupid idiot. Your an ass of a g-mod. You think you know about sports when really u have the mental capacity of a kindergardener. accept the fact that ben choked in the sb and couldve taken them out of the game. Marino kept them in. He didnt play horrible. Im not complaining about anything you fool. Hes overrated. THATS IT. im tired of these stupid steeler fans thinking they know everything just because they won a superbowl. Im not talking bout this crap anymore. Grow up u little girl get off his u know what.</div>Grow up and leave script alone,man.

13. GotSkillz92

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hypnotic? @ Feb 7 2006, 12:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GotSkillz52 @ Feb 7 2006, 11:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Listen you stupid idiot. Your an ass of a g-mod. You think you know about sports when really u have the mental capacity of a kindergardener. accept the fact that ben choked in the sb and couldve taken them out of the game. Marino kept them in. He didnt play horrible. Im not complaining about anything you fool. Hes overrated. THATS IT. im tired of these stupid steeler fans thinking they know everything just because they won a superbowl. Im not talking bout this crap anymore. Grow up u little girl get off his u know what.</div>Dude , chill out. [​IMG]</div>I was dawg. I was cool about everything. I dont hate steeler fans. I have much love for them since they beat all the odds. But how would u feel if you had 3 people coming at you with obscenities. and you try to prove your point but they respond with the same things. its really annoying. and this guy is supposed to be a gmod when he acts like he just got here.

14. The Marine

The Marine BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>There weren't 10 QB's who played better than Ben there were 4. Manning, Brady, Palmer, and Hasselbeck. McNabb can't play hurt and just hurt his team by trying to play hurt. If he was as much of a leader as you say he is he would've stepped aside and tried to let 1 of the other QB's try and win the game for them. Mark Brunell? Are you kidding me? He has a good last couple of games and he's better than Ben Roethlisberger? Come on now. That's like saying winning little league compares to winning the superbowl. Jake Delhomme??? The only reason he made the pro-bowl is because the NFC Quarterbacks are so weak. As far as Delhomme goes, how did he play against the Seattle Defense? Jake Plummer? The reason he did any good this year was because they keep the ball out of his hands. Why? Because he's Jake "I should've been a" Plummer. In all of his 15 starts, he had 18 Touchdowns and 7 Interceptions. In Bens what, 13 starts, he had 1 less Touchdown. Broncos made the playoffs running, not because of Jake I should've been a Plummer. And as for Green and Brees, if there so good how come they watched every playoff game in the warmth of there own home? Green is on a team with a great O-line and 2 pheonomenal running backs in Priest Holmes and Larry Johnson. Probably the best Running Back combo in the league if they both stay healthy for 1 season. And as far as Brees being a leader, sorry chief, I'd say that 1 would go to LT. LT is the heart and soul of the chargers. Drew Brees was a 1 hit wonder as some would say. Big Ben is 1 of the NFL's top Quarterbacks in my opinion. I don't like him. I'll tell you the truth. I dont like Big Ben. But I call it the way I see it.</div>lmao owned. Good point

15. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sykotic Soul @ Feb 7 2006, 09:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>There weren't 10 QB's who played better than Ben there were 4. Manning, Brady, Palmer, and Hasselbeck. McNabb can't play hurt and just hurt his team by trying to play hurt. If he was as much of a leader as you say he is he would've stepped aside and tried to let 1 of the other QB's try and win the game for them. Mark Brunell? Are you kidding me? He has a good last couple of games and he's better than Ben Roethlisberger? Come on now. That's like saying winning little league compares to winning the superbowl. Jake Delhomme??? The only reason he made the pro-bowl is because the NFC Quarterbacks are so weak. As far as Delhomme goes, how did he play against the Seattle Defense? Jake Plummer? The reason he did any good this year was because they keep the ball out of his hands. Why? Because he's Jake "I should've been a" Plummer. In all of his 15 starts, he had 18 Touchdowns and 7 Interceptions. In Bens what, 13 starts, he had 1 less Touchdown. Broncos made the playoffs running, not because of Jake I should've been a Plummer. And as for Green and Brees, if there so good how come they watched every playoff game in the warmth of there own home? Green is on a team with a great O-line and 2 pheonomenal running backs in Priest Holmes and Larry Johnson. Probably the best Running Back combo in the league if they both stay healthy for 1 season. And as far as Brees being a leader, sorry chief, I'd say that 1 would go to LT. LT is the heart and soul of the chargers. Drew Brees was a 1 hit wonder as some would say. Big Ben is 1 of the NFL's top Quarterbacks in my opinion. I don't like him. I'll tell you the truth. I dont like Big Ben. But I call it the way I see it.</div>I think your missing the point...xpost just said that Big Ben was THE BEST QB in the league.You just said that hes the 5th best.I just said hes the 6th best.Is xpost, or is he not, OVERRATING Big Ben when he says hes the best QB in the league.Thats all GotSkillz is pointing out. [​IMG]

16. The Marine

The Marine BBW Member

Ok, Big Ben may not be no Tom Brady but he is looking like a Michael Jordan Era in football lmao.. No matter what, he isn't overrated and he have good years ahead him unlike McNabb, Manning, etc because their past their prime... and they had their chances but what happen? they blew it.... Did Ben do that? No. Just jealously I see from you... It's cool because you can keep on hating Ben, i think it's cool because everybody knows Ben is already big... You can't be overrated if your 27-4 as a starter... hahahaha

17. dawgfan

dawgfan NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Boy I feel sorry for all you bandwagoners. Why don't you just retire his jersey now and go put him in the HOF becuase he has a Super Bowl ring. Remember you all said the numbers don't matter that only the ring does. Heck, with that reasoning Trent Dilfer should get into the HOF along with Tony Banks. They have Super Bowl rings too.

18. Sham

Sham BBW Member

Who cares, he led his team to SB 40 & won, so that makes him an excellent QB.

19. Pom-Poms

Pom-Poms NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dawgfan @ Feb 22 2006, 06:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Boy I feel sorry for all you bandwagoners.</div>I'm not a bandwagoner. I've been a Pittsburgh Steelers fan since I was in the womb, and I know my Pittsburgh Steelers! Ask anyone, lol. [​IMG]

20. gopackers4

gopackers4 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

I'm not a bandwagon fan I like the Raptors, Packers and Blue Jays lol