I'm back! (Jazz thoughts)

Discussion in 'Utah Jazz' started by spark22, Oct 27, 2004.

1. spark22

spark22 JBB JustBBall MVP

hey guys, I bet yall thought I died and fell off the earth, but I'm back, the down time almost freaked me out, but I was busy with college and work, so I didn't get bored. I guess I need to make this about the Jazz where the thread won't be deleted, so I have seen one preseason game so far and seen almost all of the box scores so here are some of my thoughts:

(1) This teams is alot more talented than last year, but so is alot of the other teams, especially in the west.

(2) We should of matched the contract for Mo. Now we need to get a back-up point guard, it looks like Raul could be out longer than we originally thought and Mcleod just isn't cutting it. I wish they was some way we could get John Stockton out of retirement, but I would be happy if O'Connor couldn't swing a deal to get Eisley back.

(3) The Carlos's are really impressive. I know it was just preseason, but Arroyo looked great against the Pistons, he has really helped his outside shot, I noticed he knocked down 2 3's in a row or close togther Sunday night. And to Boozer, I think he is going to be great, I hope the run alot of plays like they did to Karl Malone when he was younger. Plus Booz has a good mid-range game.

(4) I don't know if Gordan Giricek should be a shoe in for SG. He is going through a rough time, he and his wife just got a divorce, but he is not playing to well, I think he fouled out in one of the games in 11 minutes, and this is just the preseason. I think either Matt or Raja could actually start at the two if Gordan doesn't get his head in the game.

I don't know if these subjects has be expressed in any other threads, since I haven't had time to check them yet, but its just great to be back.

2. Stockton

Stockton JBB

Welcome back MVP [​IMG] . Place hasn't been the same without you.

I agree with everything you said, and as for some of my Jazz thougts.

1). Our rookies have shown some great signs. Both Humphries and Snyder have shown some great flashes in their pre season games so far, and both have had one or two exceptional games. They will both be seeing minutes this season, off the bench.

2). Okur could work his way into Sloan's doghouse. Memo turned up out of shape and overweight to training camp. His physical condition has improved since then however, but his preseason form has been less than impressive and Borchardt is playing well. Unless he picks up his play, Utah could have wasted a lot of money and would've been better of re-signing Tag.

This season should be a good one for the Jazz, and I expect them to make it back into the playoffs, and Jerry Sloan will deserve to win COY (again). I'm not sure about him actually winning it however.

3. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

Good to see you back Spark, we were afraid the downtime had robbed us of one of our best posters.

4. KS1

KS1 JBB JustBBall Member

I agree with you especially on Mo. He's tearing it up for the other team.

5. spark22

spark22 JBB JustBBall MVP

A point I was going to add but forgot yesterday, and I didn't want to make another thread is that I believe Curtis Borchardt will be the X-factor for the Jazz. If he can stay healthy, the Jazz have one of the best young centers backing up Okur. Borch is a good rebounder, especially on the offensive end, he is good at running the floor and has a nice mid-range. His defense is really underrated, he could become a really nice shot blocker if he can ever stay healthy and I'm not just saying that because on NBA Live '05 he has a higher block rating than AK.