Exclusive I'm meeting with the Blazers front office on Wednesday

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by SlyPokerDog, Aug 17, 2015.

1. PDXFonz

PDXFonz I’m listening

Don't pee on their rug, be a good dog, and maybe they will give you a treat.

riverman and SlyPokerDog like this.
  2. riverman

riverman Writing Team

add a flea bath before the meeting and as enticing as it seems, do NOT sniff crotches during the meeting

3. oldfisherman

oldfisherman Unicorn Wrangler

This meeting is just a cover story for a dog obedience class.

When SPD returns, he will be trained to obey Blazers commands, and have a full stomach.

4. BlazerWookee

BlazerWookee UNTILT THE DAMN PINWHEEL!

Gear Finisher
    Except, maybe, for Sarah Hecht's...

5. riverman

riverman Writing Team

That's why during the meeting is a key phrase...before or after..hey, why not?

6. riverman

riverman Writing Team

It's Thursday and still no Sly news...I'm thinking it was a trap and they neutered him and have him in a kennel recovering

7. oldfisherman

oldfisherman Unicorn Wrangler

Some dogs take longer to “brainwash”, I mean train, than others.

8. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

MMM, I blame Comcast. Frontier paid way high, but they couldn't because they don't have the expense of their own infrastructure... or they didn't 7 years ago. CSNW is Comcast's only channel. You think they want to give up the broadcast to their competitors? They know full well how many customers will drop if they opened it up. Frontier isn't viable, because it isn't mainstream and Comcast doesn't see them as a long term threat. Dish and Direct are established and not going anywhere. I don't know the numbers, but having worked directly with Comcast for over 7 years as a supervisor of a contracted company for them, I know how they work. I know their asking price is off the scale and aren't being reasonable. This is the same company that treats cable as a necessity. Like water and electricity. Ive had to force techs to head to another job after ten at night and a 14 hour shift because of Comcast's ruthlessness.
    In my opinion, Comcast is one of Portland's larger problems with not getting more exposure for the Blazers because PA went to bed with Comcast when he had them wire up the once Rose Garden.

BBert likes this.
  9. JFizzleRaider

JFizzleRaider Sad Panda Global Moderator

If they are so hard to deal with, why do I talk to customer loyalty people and get what I want the majority of the time? That's what I don't understand. Everyone talks about how they are some big bad corporation. But they have literally bent over backwards for me numerous times and were there to hook me up when frontier fucked me

10. EL PRESIDENTE

EL PRESIDENTE Username Retired in Honor of Lanny.

Sly Poker Dog, currently meeting with Blazers Security about getting media passes. Currently trying to decide what color badge to use.

[​IMG]

11. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Their customer loyalty is there to ease the multitudes of dissatisfied customers. They wouldn't need any of that crap if they were loyal to begin with. They jack their rates up after the first 6 months, 1 year, or 2 years, depending on the type of contract and set up you were getting, and you pay a higher rate from then on. How is that customer loyalty? So I pay a higher rate than I see on their commercials all the time? I'm a loyal customer, been one for 10 years. Why should I have to call up and bitch and threaten, just for them to lower my bil to what it should be... the same rate they charge all their new customers?

Your merely a customer. Ive seen the back end of it. Ive been told I have to climb in attics in 100° weather. Ive been told I have to open power panels of PGE's and tie into it to get an amp running in a distribution box. This was form the Comcast supervisor in Longview and it was 8 o'clock at night. I showed up there at 5:45 every morning to pic up routes for my guys. They completely take advantage of the contractors and that's why they have mostly contractors as installers. I do blame the contracting company for bidding so low as well, but if they didn't the work would go to another contractor. Comcast plays the game perfect to have a legal monopoly in everything they can. Don't get me started bro, Ive got stories and stories of bs treatment by them to their contractors. :)

I tell ya the moment The Blazers are accessible on Direct TV, Comcast will see just how much I value them treating me a "Loyal customer".

HailBlazers likes this.
  12. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

Looks like we'll be doing Fans Asks the Questions on every player this year! A different player every 2 weeks, we come up with the questions and the players will answer them.

We're talking about doing a Meet and Greet with Wheels, Rice and Schonz. The Blazers idea is to have it before a game in The Pines on the 3rd floor of the Moda. I said having it at The Pines would be great but it would be best if it wasn't a game night. Might be difficult to open up The Pines on a non-game night so we might have it at Claim Jumper. Thoughts?

No Meet and Greet with Olshey and no pf tour. Olshey likes to keep things private and wants to be pf to be a sanctuary for the players. That means no random fans walking around. I have no problem with this.

I did ask about submitting questions to Stotts once a month. We send 10 questions and he picks the 5 he feels like answering.

Tickets - yes. Swag - yes. Rippy's - yes.

Fans Ask the Questions and Stotts questions would be a great way for fans to interact with the team no matter where in the world you are.

13. riverman

riverman Writing Team

You rock dude! Well done! I think the ability to ask questions to Stotts and the players is awesome!

14. HailBlazers

HailBlazers RipCity

Love the Pines btw. Great view of DT. Cool spot.

15. JFizzleRaider

Awesome sly. Thanks for doing this.

On a side note, don't wheels and schonz have some bad blood?

Claim jumper in tualatin was great last time with wheels. Perfect set up

16. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

I'm trying for one Meet and Greet with just Wheels and one with Rice and Schonz.

riverman and Eastoff like this.
  17. BBert

BBert Weasels Ripped My Flesh

Selfless Public Servant
    I looked up Playstation Vue. The site only listed 7 cities, none in Oregon. The channel list did not include CCSNW.

What am I missing?

18. JFizzleRaider

I believe they are planning on continuing to expand until they are nationwide. They already have deals in place with Comcast sportsnet

19. BBert

BBert Weasels Ripped My Flesh

Selfless Public Servant
    Thanks. I'd like to give it a try.

20. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

Did you ask them about the public preseason practice