I'm So SICK & TIRED of Neil Olshey

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by BonesJones, Apr 22, 2018.

1. riverman

riverman Writing Team

When you have really good 3 pt shooters the defense will not be able to double Dame and CJ thus letting one of them get to the rim or kick out to Curry or Stauskas….different from kicking out to Chief or ET or Pat C......more shooters on the perimeter means more open lanes. Curry can make hard cuts and actually so can Stauskas...both finish strong around the basket...I don't see the upgrade as a weakness..Swanigan is pretty good at rebounding...if our bigs set good screens, the guards will have twice the options we had last season on offense ...the Warriors have made a living having 3pt shooters all across the roster...you want to beat them you better make a lot of shots..to me this is where the game is at.....Cleveland didn't have the shooting to hang with Golden State.

RR7 and Nhawz like this.
  2. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

Buddy, Stauskas 3pt shooting doesn't come close to making up for all the other parts of his game. Yes, we need shooting, but we need to players that can dribble drive and defend as well.

Stauskas finishes "strong" around the basket? You're making stuff up dude. He shot 53% from 0-3 feet last year. That's horrible! He shot 37% from 2pt range. We shot wayyyyy too many jumpshots last year and now, apparently, thats all we want to do. Good teams will run us off the line, and if we have a cold shooting night, we'll lose to anyody, no matter how bad they are. The Warriors had 3pt shooters that could defend, had a mid-range game (Stauskas doesn't), and could get to the rim well. We didn't replicate that with Nik freakin' Stauskas and Meyers frickin' Leonard.

If you want to beat Golden State, you need long, versatile defenders that can switch screens. You need many other aspects than 3pt shooting.

You think Cleveland's shooting was the trouble? All the acquired was shooters, much like us, and LeBron even admitted as such to Magic.

3. riverman

riverman Writing Team

just offer your opinion and stop the crap bait dude

RR7 likes this.
  4. riverman

riverman Writing Team

nowhere did I say he was an elite defender....but I did say he has more than one skill which you seem to claim....you're welcome to that...make a video about it....you weren't too harsh on Curry and he's not an elite defender either....plus defense is a team skill more than individual skill ...you're in shape and have court vision you can play defense on a string...that's coaching more than anything.

5. riverman

riverman Writing Team

6. riverman

riverman Writing Team

7. riverman

riverman Writing Team

8. riverman

riverman Writing Team

9. riverman

riverman Writing Team

10. Lanny

Lanny Original Season Ticket Holder "Mr. Big Shot"

Elec. & Computer Engineer OSU Computer Science PSU
    Why call someone a 'fool'? This is certainly not going to sway him to your way of thinking.

11. TorturedBlazerFan

TorturedBlazerFan Well-Known Member

Baby Daddy
    Ok I’m sorry if this reignites a fight but I just got out of the gym and I worked the rest of the day so I just heard the NO press conference. Did he seriously say he told ED to sign in Brooklyn, and say Ed was basically the problem against the Pelicans Dear lord, what the heck is this dude on...
    For not saying a whole lot, he said a whole lot of stupid in that little presser. I hope he uses that trade exception.

BBert, dviss1 and UKRAINEFAN like this.
  12. BonesJones

What's his other skill? Finishing strong isn't a akill, he shoots 53% on layups.

Plus defense is as much a product of individuals as a group. You gotta have awareness and IQ.

13. riverman

riverman Writing Team

watch video.....I did. I posted a few...I've already posted my thoughts on his game above. you don't like him...then don't...he's way better than Pat

SwissBlazer likes this.
  14. BonesJones

He's not better than Pat, and advanced stats back that up.

What's his other skill?

15. TorturedBlazerFan

Baby Daddy
    Advanced stats on guys that hardly play are a very bad way to judge a player. Hot streaks, cold streaks often tend to skew their stats a lot.

RR7, HailBlazers and riverman like this.
  16. riverman

riverman Writing Team

Not stats that reflect his place in Stotts offense...or his role. Pat played one season of rotation minutes...defenses left him wide open..he didn't make them cover him for good reason...Stauskas played in different systems with different roles....like Ed Davis game with the Grizz or Lakers can't compare to his game with the Blazers...there are many intangibles that aren't reflected in stat sheets..it's about fit...something Evan Turner has struggled with yet he thrived in Boston.

17. TorturedBlazerFan

Baby Daddy
    My issue with the Stauskus signing was all about the timing more than the player, they let Ed go and it was opening night of free agency and the Blazers apparently targeted him hard... him or Pat as the bench guy is so “who cares” to me it’s a little funny you guys are arguing about it.

18. CupWizier

CupWizier Well-Known Member

retired
    It's like a Honey Bucket. It just keeps stinking up the place.

TorturedBlazerFan likes this.
  19. CupWizier

CupWizier Well-Known Member

retired
    posters often fail to remember that 3 of the 4 games were either teams game with 3 minutes or less to go. I believe we were never down by more than 3 and sometimes up at that stage. Not excuses, but a bounce or two the other way and it could have been 3 out of 4 wins. It unfortunately didn't happen, we got swept and I move on but I find it funny that a few in here now think that's the way every game will go against the Pelicans where as I look at it that the next season can be different.

20. jlprk

jlprk The ESPN mod is insane.

retired, while you work!
    Excuse after excuse, year after year. Is this how you conduct yourselves outside of basketball? What hollow lives you must lead.

Gronk Brady and BonesJones like this.