I'm So SICK & TIRED of Neil Olshey

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by BonesJones, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Wizard Mentor

Wizard Mentor Wizard Mentor

Master of Xen Foro
    @BonesJones You have 141 posts since 9 pm Saturday (it is noon, Tuesday) - you are clearly angry. I think what some of the posters are suggesting is that you shorten your login name to BJ - after you get a few.

HailBlazers and Orion Bailey like this.
  2. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Actually the money goes into the players' pockets.

I am a season ticket holder.
    I spend money and I get less angry than you.
    But you don't care.
    But you are a diehard fan.

Something here doesn't add up.... hmmmmm.....

To be a die hard fan is to care.

If you don't care, you are not a die hard fan.

/thread.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
    Lanny likes this.
  3. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

THE HCP and Chris Craig like this.
  4. THE HCP

THE HCP NorthEastPortland'sFinest

Dviss, i hope you didn’t think i was trying to “puposely deceive” you with my blurry picture.

5. THE HCP

THE HCP NorthEastPortland'sFinest

Wouldn’t want you to quit.

6. jlprk

jlprk The ESPN mod is insane.

retired, while you work!
    Are you a man or a mouse???

Bring back the old HCP!!!

THE HCP likes this.
  7. Strenuus

Strenuus Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

.... I watched almost 85% of the games?

Defense was in spite of Terry. It shouldn't take 5 years under stotts to finally be good at defense. His rotations sucked and made us be inconsistent BECAUSE of the tinkering. Zach is the only one that developed anything.

I won't wear rose-colored glasses because I have to.

BonesJones likes this.
  8. Strenuus

Strenuus Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

He said that he cares about the team. hence emotion. So he is a die hard fan by your criteria.

But why do we go to the "if you're a real fan" in here? Who cares if you spend 40,000 on the team a year, or $1.

I felt sick giving the team any money. Not because of the team, but because of the business aspect. I try to avoid giving them any money if I possibly can, but I'm still a fan. They are not intertwined.

All that meaning people have different ways to show they are true fans. Money is not the currency of fandom.

bodyman5000 and 1 and UKRAINEFAN like this.
  9. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

Why wasn't the first part in green? Lol.

Wizard Mentor likes this.
  10. BonesJones

What a cop out response since you don't have a logical argument.

I'm gonna try that. Next time someone makes a logical argument against me, I'm just gonna claim they're overreacting and being overemotional. Easiest cop out ever!

11. kjironman1

kjironman1 Well-Known Member

Peculiar that people don't give the coach credit for what went right but they are all about it being his fault where there are problems. By the way defense 5 years ago was pretty good also. Aldridge Batum Lopez and Mathews played very good defense. I guess in spite of Stotts also. I see it differently. Pat became much better on a number of things. Zach definitely got better. Seems Harkless finally started to improve. Somebody finally got Aminu a bit more consistent. Not sure what rotations he could have gone with that were much different. He only had 10 NBA ready players. Vonleh started the season hurt as did Baldwin. But speaking of injuries this is the second year that the Medical staff under coach Stotts has kept the team rather healthy. But i guess we can say all that is "In Spite"of Stotts also right.
    These are facts. They are not "Rose Colored" glasses. Sure there is plenty to improve upon. I would really like to see a player added to the roster that can hit an open jumper consistently and run a fast break. Finding a way to improve and get some cap relief would be awesome also. But Blaming Stotts for everything bad and saying he was not the reason they got better is boorish at best.

12. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

My bad. I apologize. I read that wrong. I read it as he thinks he isn't being emotional and he only gets emotional about things he cares about.
    I talk back my first post. Sorry.

Not sorry for @Strenuus for calling my ass out though.

I'm quitting this place cause I cant insult him.....

UKRAINEFAN and kjironman1 like this.
  13. Wizard Mentor

Wizard Mentor Wizard Mentor

Master of Xen Foro
    I'm thinking that what I want this summer is an SF who can dribble/break a defender down.
    Or maybe we just need to play Baldwin with Dame and CJ?

Orion Bailey likes this.
  14. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Expand that thought.

Minni just got slaughtered also.

Do you think they might trade Butler for CJ/Hark/Swanni(or Leonard if they would him)/2019 1st?

Dame/Baldwin/Butler/Collins(Aminu)/Nurk

It seems lateral, but as NO just proved, sometimes its addition by subtraction.

I would entertain this thought.

I doubt Minni even entertains any trade thoughts for Butler, but......If they did, I would go for it.

15. kjironman1

It's just that your response was so extensive and obviously emotional still. It reached on every level toward trying to make negative points and like all the rest you only give credit for improvements to anything other than the coaching. This is on every point you made.
    Then you finish it off with this-

This is the real get all. It's absolutely condescending at very best. Like no one else around has put out any effort to break what the team is doing down "Like Me". Please.... Get out of here with that shit. I've been breaking down what the Blazers have been doing for over 20 years. I have not just a few but lots of ENTIRE seasons of "Breaking down" games and matchups for what this team is doing. You are not the all mighty and only view here. You are good yes. But you ain't that good. Way too emotionally invested in your views. They win some they lose some. This team too will change and grow. Or it won't? Simple as that.

This coach has not only been an awesome hire but he was a breath of fresh air after listening to Nate say "Scrappy" after every loss and then completely losing his team. Now don't get me wrong. I actually liked Nate McMillan. He also was a stand up guy. Or would you have like Caleb Canales to have been the pick? Bet you don't even remember the fiasco when Pritchard was actually trying to coach this team after Cheeks? Then there was Dunleavy who allowed players to become the Jail Blazers and walk into airport security with aluminum foil bindles full of pot. PJ Carlisimo anyone? Stotts time here may in fact be done but he has shown great leadership and integrity. He has NEVER thrown a player under the bus. He always takes the good as well as the bad. He keeps their private lives private. He has over achieved every year he has been here and because of that yes he gets beat in the playoffs. But if they in fact keep him here you can bet that coach will work tirelessly to continue to improve whatever roster he has. Of this i have no doubt.

riverman likes this.
  16. kjironman1

I hear ya. I do have comcrap to watch games. But i rarely go anymore. Only if there is a group thing or a special reason to take some kids maybe? People give me my Blazer stuff for birthdays and Christmas. I honestly never buy a jersey or shirt. I leave that because people never know what to give me.
    Spending money on the Blazers just doesn't seem like a smart thing to do with my money.

17. kjironman1

It's a fine line and we all must walk it......

Wizard Mentor and Orion Bailey like this.
  18. BonesJones

Who says I'm an expert? I'm stating a fully thought-out viewpoint, after somebody tried arguing with me without reading what they were arguing with. Everyone with a viewpoint thinks that it's correct and should be followed.. it's called an opinion.

What about that post makes you say I think I'm an expert?

Btw I've played low-level college ball. Probably could've worked my way to D2/D3 but my knees kinda quit on me.

19. jlprk

jlprk The ESPN mod is insane.

retired, while you work!
    Because they're the same changes many others want. You act like he's the only one, trying to isolate him to win the argument. Divide and conquer.

20. kjironman1

That was kind of my take on all of that also. There are lots of people who can break down what the Blazers do and are doing. Everyone has a different eye and can come up with different takes. My response was a one liner because i kind of took offense to the statements and didn't want to put him on blast. But then he pushed the matter. So Kjironman did what Kjironman does. BLAST!