I'm So SICK & TIRED of Neil Olshey

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by BonesJones, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Wizard Mentor

Wizard Mentor Wizard Mentor

Master of Xen Foro
    Fractions of seconds.
    That's what our offense is designed to get us - fractions of seconds.

So, when Dame is doubled, they're freely giving us many fractions of seconds. But, if you're a
    mediocre shooter or have a slow release, you dribble. When ET/Harkless/Aminu begin their
    slow dribble, they're giving back those fractions of seconds. If we had an SF who could dribble,
    they could make the defense pay for doubling Lillard, by attacking the rim. The defense would
    then have to collapse leaving guys open in the corners.

Basically, that's one good way to defeat the "Jordan Rules", or should I say the "Lillard Rules."
    Have players that can dribble. It's one reason teams go for the 3-guard lineup.

btw, no way Minny trades Butler

2. kjironman1

kjironman1 Well-Known Member

The thing is that your views are well thought out and well written also. So there is a reason i respond.
    But i try to respond in a way that includes your view and tries to take in account the work you put into it.

3. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

I gotcha, but you kinda sidestepped my expanded thought.

Baldwin seems to have good handles. Jimmy has a quick release and can dribble.

Wizard Mentor likes this.
  4. kjironman1

Nope. Nobody is saying that at all. Even my first post was all about 6 or 7 people on the forum.

5. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

I love how you keep falsely claiming I'm over-emotional. That's a lie. Oh no, I'm being condescending towards you? I wonder why! Maybe it's because you're being condescending by falsely claiming I'm over-emotional and over-reacting as if I'd put no logical thought into this? That's insulting. That's condescending. Not me saying that I've broken it down more than others who want him gone. I'm not talking about those who don't. But that's what you have an issue with? Do you realize how you're acting towards me?

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
    UKRAINEFAN likes this.
  6. kjironman1

Oh yeah i realize. I realize very well how i am acting. This post was not about basketball or the Blazers. GM or Coaching staff.
    Have a nice day Bones.

7. BonesJones

Yeah, it was you whining about how I posted in reaction to you being condescending and dismissive. So I had to call out the double standard and hypocrisy...

8. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Did to
    Did not
    Did to
    Did not
    Did to
    Did not
    Did to
    Did to
    Did not
    Did to
    Did not
    Did to!
    DID NOT!

TBpup, RickyJoe and BonesJones like this.
  9. BonesJones

Did to?

Orion Bailey likes this.
  10. jlprk

jlprk The ESPN mod is insane.

retired, while you work!
    What did you do to HCP? He used to be the gem of the board!

11. kjironman1

Someone needs to go back and read how this thread progressed. My response was a single line...
    Then you wanted to push for more so i gave it to you. I even gave my views on the coaches involved.
    This is what you are calling me hypocritical for.
    You see where this is going. We all know you will not let this go. This happens in your game thread posts and now in your post season posts. I will not be your whipping post for the Blazer off season. Find someone else.
    As a matter of fact i rarely come around after the season is over so you won't have to worry about that.
    I have way too much else to do for this summer.
    I hope you do well in the 3 on 3 if you represent the forum again. I'll check in and see how it goes.
    I will also check in around summer league. Was kind of wanting to go down there this year.
    Of course we all check in for draft.
    Then you will see me again around training camp time.
    Here is hoping that if they indeed get a new coach he is a good one. Messina would be my choice. But if Stotts is in fact still around he works on a bunch of the issues you have pointed out. I do agree with almost all of the problems you pointed out. Just not sure he has the players to make the changes needed.
    Take care Bones. Don't quit being a great Blazer fan. We all know you bleed Red and Black.

12. jlprk

jlprk The ESPN mod is insane.

retired, while you work!
    Thanks for doing that, Bones. You represent a lot of people here about team changes. Don't let status quoers wear you down like they did me. And bring back HCP!

bodyman5000 and 1 and BonesJones like this.
  13. BonesJones

Lmao. That's my opinion on the situation. That's it. I never said the owe an explanation nor did I imply that. Youre running with this a weird way.

So your argument is I don't know enough?

Plastering this forum with my anger? You guys gotta quit making up emotions that you claim I'm experiencing.

So you're point is, I don't know enough, and you think I'm angry when I'm not.

This is the problem with y'all. You guys can't discuss the actual problems with the team. You could state why you think this isn't a problem or that isn't a problem, but instead of talking basketball, which is all I'm trying to do, you make the discussion into a personal one. But then the Status Quoers claim I'm the emotional one for trying to discuss basketball? For stating my opinions on our style of play? And then when someone makes it a personal issue and I take exception to that, IM the one arguing with them?! This shit is comical.

If me ATTEMPTING to discuss basketball means I think I'm am expert, than I guess I'm am expert

14. BonesJones

Messina would be my choice as well. This sis the problem I have with people. I can be brash sometimes, but if they kept the conversation to solely basketball, I would have issues with no one (outside of game threads, I get a little toxic and vent in there, and I know some people don't like that.)

But this is an example of why I'm treated unfairly around here. This is what I had a problem with:
    - Didn't claim I thought I was the only one who knew what was going on when I've simply been stating my opinion.
    - Then after I disagreed with that post in basketball terms only, you falsely-claimed "I don't like to see improvements" as if I have a grudge against Stotts. You also acted like were all saying the same stuff as if my po ints weren't thought out and were nonsense. You also made it obvious you only read half of what you were quoting.

I took exception to that, and I guess that's where the snowstorm got started. That crap annoyed me. If you can't see why then fine. It makes me look like the bad guy for taking exception. Oh well. Have a nice summer.

kjironman1 likes this.
  15. riverman

riverman Writing Team

arguments are overrated! haven't seen one win anything around here yet!

kjironman1 likes this.
  16. UKRAINEFAN

UKRAINEFAN Well-Known Member

un-retired
    I haven't heard one word from Stotts or Olshey that they either think major changes are needed in the offense or that they plan on making major changes. So I am not expecting much under present management.

PtldPlatypus and BonesJones like this.
  17. WillG

WillG Well-Known Member

Agreed. But despite the playoffs revealing to a lot of people the glaring weaknesses in our players and, more so, in our tactics/schemes; it seems Stotts and, to a degree, Olshey, are oblivious to this or refuse to acknowledge/address it.
    They seem to be fine continuing with the status quo which produces inefficient, terrible to watch, non-assisting, inept defense basketball.
    If they really are content to continue on without major changes, then they are chugging their own Kool-aid (after taking the tide-pod challenge), are out-of-touch and should be fired.

tester551, Strenuus, THE HCP and 2 others like this.
  18. BonesJones

Be careful, people might think you're being over-emotional.

19. WillG

WillG Well-Known Member

Lol.
    After that showing in the Playoffs I am!
    It was traumatic!

20. BonesJones

"But you have to be measured. Obviously 49 wins means we're great we just got unlucky."

WillG likes this.