Imagine you are George Zimmerman

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by chris_in_pdx, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

"As mixed as the accounts of the Feb. 26 shooting are, so are bits and pieces of George Zimmerman’s background have trickled out, painting a picture of a well behaved kid turned into a man who has aspirations of being a cop with a thread of 911 calls to his name.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/george-zimmerman-father-speaks-defense-son-article-1.1049933#ixzz1q4UIgkL3"

There you go. A wannabe cop who was carrying when he shouldn't be. I know the type. I've been around the type. The guy should go to jail.

2. EL PRESIDENTE

EL PRESIDENTE Username Retired in Honor of Lanny.

him carrying his weapon was against the law?

3. Masbee

Masbee -- Rookie of the Year

Yeah, maybe.

Information now out seems to point pretty clearly to a whitewash investigation.

Witnesses claim they had trouble getting the attention of the police department in order to give statements.

Witnesses who were interviewed by the police, claim that they were coached, or witnessed coaching by the police.

Witnesses claim that the police interviewers used leading questions, cut off testimony to "correct" answers and other investigation errors.

A witness who heard the cries for help, said the heard, but didn't see and thus couldn't be sure who of the two was screaming for help, but was pretty sure it was Trayvon. The police claimed he said it was Zimmerman.

The investigation was so obviously botched that the Chief of Police has stepped down.

This case should have been sent to the Grand Jury based on what we all know:

An unarmed person was shot dead.

At no time did the shooter have any reason to believe a crime was being committed by the victim.

The shooter followed and approached the victim.

Though the shooter claims self-defense, there are witnesses, physical evidence, phone records and recorded phone calls that all can be used to corroborate or discredit the shooters claims.

Thus, the police are required to perform an investigation, provide to the D.A., who should have sent to a Grand Jury for a possible indictment.

It is not for the police to decide. This scandal wouldn't be such a huge deal if a reasonable investigation had been performed, sent to a Grand Jury and they had decided not to indict.

4. EL PRESIDENTE

Having blood on your face and a broken nose isn't getting beat up?

because if treyvon took zimmermans gun if he used in that way, zimmerman could have been shot

5. EL PRESIDENTE

When I tackle someone, I just spontaneously combust.

6. Natebishop3

You are allowed to carry a weapon for self defense. In this case, it was not self defense. It's not his job to fight crime. He's not a cop and he was told to stay in his car. If you are the aggressor, you are not allowed to use a firearm. They dedicated an entire chapter to this in the Oregon DPSST armed security class. It's called escalation of force. The guy was not defending his home and the kid was not armed. Pretty clear case to me.

7. 3RA1N1AC

3RA1N1AC 00110110 00111001

not sure i follow, are you saying its unreasonable to suggest a person could get injured tackling someone? or in the scuffle that would follow?

if some weirdo was following me, then running after me, then tackled me, id probably fight back a little

maybe someone would just take it like a submissive fetishist, and beg for more, whos to say, not likely though

8. Natebishop3

So let's put you in the shoes of the 17 year old kid for a second. You are walking home, alone, and you notice a big hispanic looking guy following you. At this point we don't know what exactly happened, but do you think he jumps the guy? Attacks him? Especially if he has a gun? Let's say he confronts you? Would you defend yourself? Punch him in the nose? The guy isn't a cop. He's not wearing a uniform. For all he knows, this guy is trying to rob him or rape him. Seriously, think for a second. This isn't a case of the kid stalking him and Zimmerman defending himself.

9. EL PRESIDENTE

He was allowed to carry the weapon.

According to him, he was attacked and felt he had to defend himself with his firearm, which he did.

He wasn't carrying his gun for self-defense. It just happened to be how he used it. Getting out of his car is not an act of agression or assault. Not is it a use of force of any kind.

10. EL PRESIDENTE

It depends on the nature of his injuries. The police came to the conclusion that he acted in self defense, meaning they had evidence he was under assault and used deadly force to stop this assault. And where do you get that Zimmerman tackled anyone?

11. Masbee

A bloody nose is evidence of possibly being beat up. It is not in any way proof. Many people can get a bloody nose without getting "beat up". One relatively light shot to the right spot is all it takes.

Did Zimmerman have any broken bones? Deep bruises? Lacerations? Concussion? Significant swelling?

As far as taking the gun, Trayvon didn't bring the gun to the altercation. He is not responsible for it. Zimmerman is. Zimmerman "could have been shot" only because he brought the gun to the incident. If he didn't want to "get shot", and he didn't know how to handle himself in a scuffle or subdue a suspect:

the dumb fuck should have listened to the 911 operator and stayed away.

12. EL PRESIDENTE

We don't know who initiated the actual assault. Perhaps Zimmerman did not draw his weapon until he was already being assaulted, which is where the reported screams came from.

13. EL PRESIDENTE

Well, Zimmerman provided them a statement, which seemed sufficient for the police to conclude he used it in self defense. Logic would state that he was attacked, otherwise he could not claim self defense.

14. Masbee

WRONG!

Police said they had no information to contradict what Zimmerman told them. (which was a lie by the police).

Far, far different from saying they concluded he acted in self-defense.

And I have already laid out that the investigation was a whitewash. So fucked up and indefensible the Chief is gone. You watch, that Police department will be turned inside-out. They fucked up big-time.

15. EL PRESIDENTE

16. Masbee

Well, Trayvon's parents have heard the 911 tape and said it is their son screaming for help. Zimmerman said it is him.

Questions of fact and dispute are not to be settled by the police. Whitewash.

As far as initiation, we already have established that Zimmerman was angry and confrontational by the 911 tape:

Zimmerman: These assholes. They always get away.

911: Are you following him?

Zimmerman: Yes.

911: We don't need you to do that.

17. Masbee

No, logic would not state that.

He had some minor injuries (did not go to hospital or doctor).

These could have been self inflicted. These could have been the result of an attack by Trayvan. These could have been the result of a scuffle initiated by Zimmerman.

There is no fucking way the police could have known which one it was.

18. Masbee

Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
  19. Masbee

I am wondering why the Keystone Cops in Florida weren't curious as to why this big guy was so easily dropped by a skinny teenager, who had Zimmerman quaking in his boots, fearing for his life?

After reading these news stories, I call bullshit on Zimmerman.

I think he is one of those dipshit, wannabes, who dreams of shooting "bad guys", and thinks he is tough shit.

I think he aggressively approach Trayvan and scared him.

Then something happened - don't know what - Trayvan fought back - in the scuffle Zimmerman hit the ground and hit his head and Trayvan got a shot to the nose, then, Zimmerman being much heavier, regained his composure and physical control.

Trayvan cried for help, begged not to be shot when he saw the gun and Zimmerman shot and killed him out of anger.

Just a wild guess, but one that is just as plausible and supported by the evidence as the "I feared for my life" baloney that the police used to bury a proper and legal investigation.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
  20. EL PRESIDENTE

That is not initiation of the assault.