Ime Udoka Sleeping Around

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by B-Roy, Sep 21, 2022.

1. tlongII

tlongII Legendary Poster

Systems Analyst
    They may be against the rules, but they happen ALL the time. In every organization I've had knowledge of they have happened.

2. Mr. Robot

Mr. Robot Well-Known Member

if he really shagged married woman/women, hes my damn hero

3. PHXBlazer1

PHXBlazer1 Well-Known Member

Punishment doesn't fit the "crime" if you ask me. In other words, there was no crime. People fuck, that's what we do.

4. OneSport3

OneSport3 The Knowledge Hoarder

Wow, suspended for the entire season

5. SlyPokerCat

SlyPokerCat cats rool dogs drool

Why am I not surprised?

6. Shaboid

Shaboid Well-Known Member

This whole thing is weird.

Haakzilla likes this.
  7. Strenuus

Strenuus Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

The top story should be Brett Favre. It's a fucking joke he's getting a pass in the media.

8. SlyPokerCat

Having sex with someone you work with is frowned upon. Having sex with someone at work you have influence over is horrendously bad. I don't know the specifics here, but it makes you question dudes morals. Yes, two consenting adults having sex is not news worthy. But, this isn't that. If Ime went home and fucked his gf nobody would care (except those who would want to watch them do so).

Adultery is a shitty thing to do to people you love. If they were separated that is one thing. Fucking a committed married woman is a dickwad move. Seems likely in this situation it wasn't consensual with all parties (the partners of these two).

If you want to fuck someone other than your partner choose polygamy.

9. tlongII

tlongII Legendary Poster

Systems Analyst
    I wouldn’t do it, but it’s not illegal. Obviously they both wanted to fuck. I say let them.

PHXBlazer1 likes this.
  10. SlyPokerCat

No but it shows you have absolutely no respect for the feelings of the people that you are committed to.

People can change, but it is an awful look and shows how selfish someone can be (unless all parties consent, the partners not participating too).

11. tlongII

tlongII Legendary Poster

Systems Analyst
    Meh. Their spouses can divorce them.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2022
  12. SlyPokerCat

Do it before you cheat. Otherwise you have zero respect for the person you are supposed to be committed to.

Fairly-Hard likes this.
  13. BLAZINGGIANTS

BLAZINGGIANTS Well-Known Member

FTFY. Not surprised your bar is so low for a "hero". We all want what we can't have!

SlyPokerCat likes this.
  14. Bingo Bango

Bingo Bango Well-Known Member

Good grief. Why not just fire him? He’s probably lost the respect of the fans and the team. How do you come back and be an effective head coach after such a public shaming?

15. blazerkor

blazerkor Well-Known Member

Have people in here really never had a job that has no tolerance policies when it comes to sexual relationships with subordinates? Yeah, those things do usually get brushed under the rug but when the subordinate you fuck is married to another high level employee, shit has to go down. If this VP of Finances or whatever decided to leak this to the press or threatened to go to the press and someone not as high profile as Ime had been disciplined or fired for this type of behavior in the past then the team would get sued for huge money.

That's just one scenario. No one knows if one or more of these women said that it was consensual but his high profile position kept it going longer than they wanted or any other fucking situation that can arise from this kind of behavior. It's exactly why almost every big company has rules against physical intimacy between two people on different levels in the company. I'm not saying the dude committed some crime and should be blackballed for the league, I'm saying that the Celtics have to act in their best interests and you can trust that if they could have swept it under the rug and kept the head coach that got them to the Finals last season, coaching the team this season... they would have.

RR7 likes this.
  16. oldmangrouch

oldmangrouch persona non grata

A rich, conservative white guy steals from the poor - that's life in America. A black man has consensual sex with another adult - find a rope and a tree.

I have pretty much lost all hope in our wretched excuse of a "civilization!"

17. blazerkor

You don't see how complicated this shit can get? There are a million ways for this kind of relationship to go south and for it to be a big headache and cost for the organization. Again, I don't see why people aren't grasping this concept. The other thing I'll mention again is that there is no way in hell that Ime didn't have to sign something that said he wouldn't have any physical intimacy with anyone under his paygrade that works for the team. So at the very least this shows really bad judgment and a lack of respect for agreements he makes with his employer.

90% of the time this shit goes on and no one says anything and that's fine with me but when a complaint gets made, it means people made bad decisions that put their employer in a shitty situation. That won't go unpunished in most places of work and definitely won't in such a high profile place of work and position within that place.

SlyPokerDog likes this.
  18. blazerkor

You're right that this getting more heat than good ole boy Favre committing a big time felony is absolute bullshit and it does stink of racism but it's reductive to call an NBA head coach having affairs with lower level employees "consensual sex with another adult", it's more complicated than that and it shows bad judgment. Definitely don't get a fucking rope and definitely don't let it ruin the guy's career but also cover your ass if your the Celtics by disciplining the guy.

If you think the Celtics wanted to lose Ime for a season and that they didn't try to get around this, you're kidding yourself. Their hand was obviously forced because you don't want to mess with a Finals team with this much upside. You are right though that anyone in the media covering this and acting outraged is being fucking stupid and it's fucking ridiculous that no one is reporting on the Favre welfare fraud in which he defrauded the citizens of this country for millions of tax dollars.

oldmangrouch likes this.
  19. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

What it shows is great disrespect for a franchise that just started your head coaching career.

Fairly-Hard and blazerkor like this.
  20. oldmangrouch

oldmangrouch persona non grata

[QUOTE

Adultery is a shitty thing to do to people you love. If they were separated that is one thing. Fucking a committed married woman is a dickwad move. Seems likely in this situation it wasn't consensual with all parties (the partners of these two).

If you want to fuck someone other than your partner choose polygamy.[/QUOTE]

I completely agree with this. What I don't agree with is the idea that this is should be a public circus as opposed to a private matter between the folks involved. Also, you know that many of the people pushing this story have some ulterior motive. Everybody in the Boston front office, media, and fan base who wanted a different coach are now piously pretending to care about this.