Politics Impeaching Trump Would Let American People Off The Hook

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by ABM, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Lanny

Lanny Original Season Ticket Holder "Mr. Big Shot"

Elec. & Computer Engineer OSU Computer Science PSU
    Okay, I see what you were saying.

2. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    FARRELL: The Impeachment Effort Is On Life Support
    REUTERS/Erin Scott
    • Chris Farrell Judicial Watch
      October 04, 2019 2:30 PM ET
      The imploding impeachment uproar over Ukraine can be summed up simply — the Democrats are playing politics by accusing President Trump of playing politics. This is the self-licking ice cream cone logic of almost every made-up scandal of the last three years.

As more facts about the case emerge, we see yet another case of Democrats pursuing a strategy attributed variously to Alinsky, or Gramsci, or Lenin, or Marx, namely to loudly accuse your opponent of doing what you have been up to all along. The entire purpose of the contrived “whistleblower” complaint seems to be to distract attention from the Justice Department investigation of the origins of the now discredited 2016 Russian collusion conspiracy hoax.

When news broke about the “whistleblower” complaint we were told that President Trump had bullied Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelenski on a high-level phone call, demanding dirt on Joe Biden’s son in exchange for foreign aid. The actual log of the telephone conversation quickly disproved that contention; there was no such quid-pro-quo demand, the Biden topic was incidental to the call and in fact raised by Zelensky, and the only favor the president asked was for Kiev to cooperate with U.S. Attorney John Durham’s examination of the FBI’s Russia inquiry.

This is what Democrats really fear, exposing their own collusion with foreign powers to impact the 2016 election, the very thing they said was treason when they aimed their arrows at Donald Trump. In essence they are saying, “How dare you ask the new Ukrainian government to cooperate with your inquiry into how we asked the previous Ukrainian government to cooperate with our illicit activity?”

We know that in 2016 Ukrainian government officials assisted the Clinton campaign and tried to undermine Trump.

We know that a consultant working for the DNC solicited information from the Ukrainian embassy in Washington.

We know that Democratic senators wrote to Kiev implying negative consequences if they did not cooperate with the Mueller investigation.

And, of course, Schiff himself was more than eager to accept anti-Trump dirt from Ukraine, as demonstrated by Russian prank phone callers back in January 2018.

It is also astonishing that they accused President Trump of bullying tactics and extortion when this accurately describes Vice President Joe Biden’s open threats to Ukraine, demanding Kiev fire prosecutor general Viktor Shokin, who was investigating the company that was paying Hunter Biden $50,000 a month, or sacrifice a billion dollars in foreign aid. Biden was so proud of his strong-arm tactics he even bragged about the incident publicly.

The more we learn about the process behind the complaint the more it looks like a setup. We now know, courtesy of The New York Times, that the whistleblower received guidance from lead Democratic inquisitor Rep. Adam Schiff’s staff in how to develop the complaint. This bombshell alone should bring an end to this farce.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi also slipped when she said she knew about the contents of the phone call in advance from the public record, which of course was impossible since it was classified. Then President Trump was criticized for keeping the classified phone record on a secure server, which is not only required by law but was especially important since Democrats had exploited such leaked phone records earlier in the administration. Of course when it comes to Hillary Clinton’s potentially criminal handling of classified documents, no comment.

We also are learning more about how the intelligence community inspector general’s office rationalized rule changes that somehow redefined second-hand hearsay as first-hand knowledge. And hopefully we will soon know more about the political biases of the person who filed the complaint, who appears to be cynically exploiting the whistleblower law to accuse Trump of being politically motivated.

If this hit job fails there are an unlimited number of other such schemes that can be hatched, twisting any normal presidential behavior or circumstances into impeachable offenses. For example Democrats are now looking with great interest into how unused reservations made at Trump hotels are a violation of the emoluments clause of the Constitution. Bear in mind that a federal appeals court has already ruled such cases against the president are simply ridiculous.

It is ironic to see career politicians who make fortunes in Washington by handing out favors attack a president who takes no salary and who came into office with vast personal wealth for using his office for personal gain. The hypocrisy is overwhelming.

So the colluders accuse Trump of colluding, the bullies accuse him of bullying, the conspirators accuse him of coverups, the politicians accuse him of playing politics, the profiteers accuse him of profiteering. Whatever they accuse President Trump of next, you can bet they are already up to their necks in it.

Chris Farrell is director of investigations and research for Judicial Watch, a nonprofit watchdog group. He previously worked as a counterintelligence case officer.

• https://dailycaller.com/2019/10/04/farrell-impeachment-life-support/

3. Strenuus

Strenuus Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

If by life support you mean a second whistleblower with first hand knowledge and a "president" who openly commits treason on national television.... Well...

Chris Craig, riverman and Lanny like this.
  4. julius

julius Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

singer songwriter
    daily caller...:lol:

Lanny likes this.
  5. TorturedBlazerFan

TorturedBlazerFan Well-Known Member

Baby Daddy
    Whats really interesting reading this is that many of the people that lean left seem convinced that Trumps done and many of the people on the right seem to be convinced this is all just basically nothing. Cognitive bias’ being what they are I think it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
    e_blazer and Chris Craig like this.
  6. riverman

riverman Writing Team

At this point impeachment should be the least of Trump's worries...without a deal in place it's when he loses the next election that he's going to see a shit storm of litigation. Pelosi didn't want to impeach with the election so close. Trump forced this issue on camera....he's guilty of many things on record....having a trial in the Senate will be a waste of time...the GOP leadership is not following constitutional process or admitting obstruction at all....not even offering to honor subpoenas....it's a dangerous precedent for a republic.

Chris Craig and Lanny like this.
  7. Lanny

I already documented why Judicial Watch is trash.

riverman likes this.
  8. The Professional Fan

The Professional Fan Big League Scrub

I still can’t wrap my head around his absolute reluctance, and now clear legal desperation, to not release his tax returns. I think I’ve heard the argument here that tax returns are “personal” and that’s why. Seems legit.

Lanny likes this.
  9. illmatic99

illmatic99 formerly yuyuza1

Innocent people don't do this.

Chris Craig likes this.
  10. julius

singer songwriter
    There aren't many excuses for not showing his taxes that don't lead me to believe he's hiding something. BUT part of me thinks he's doing this just as a show, in that his taxes won't show nothing important and it's his (pardon the pun) trump card. He'll fight it until the end and then reluctantly give them up only to see no issues. That will cement him as a victim of a conspiracy and motivate his base to higher levels. (I.e., the government is too nosy, etc).

Lanny likes this.
  11. riverman

riverman Writing Team

Trump has been banned from using charities as write offs since New York found his company guilty of pilfering contributions to a children's cancer fund.....he can NEVER use charities there again..lost his case. How anyone can fault them for demanding his tax returns must not believe in due process.....I had to show all my tax returns when my wife applied for residence many years before she became a citizen...what makes Trump any different from a working stiff dealing with required paper work? For the record I don't blame his voters for this conduct.

12. illmatic99

You think he is this sinister? Cuz when it comes to 45, there really is not more than what meets the eye. He's just a dumb criminal.

13. illmatic99

You should have filed an emergency appeal. Apparently, that's all that's needed.

Chris Craig and riverman like this.
  14. julius

singer songwriter
    He spins any and everything that happens as a win for him, so yes...yes I do.

15. illmatic99

Regardless, I don't think it's premeditated. He's not an evil genius. He's just an ego-maniacal dumbass.

16. donkiez

donkiez Well-Known Member

I think there is a good chance that is the case also, not because he is sinister but because he likes "owning the libs" and thumbing his nose at standard procedures. His base eats it up. So the more people want it the more likely he would be to dangle it in their faces. Its just as likely that there shows some type of nefarious financial behavior though. Knowing him, its probably both.

17. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

He's a crook

18. Lanny

I never had to show any returns when my wife got her citizenship or when my mother-in-law got her VISA to come and visit us. Of course that was 40 years ago and 37 years ago respectively.

19. Lanny

You think?

Chris Craig likes this.
  20. riverman

riverman Writing Team

I got the tax write off working for the university in Taiwan....it was part of the application process...showing I could provide for her as a resident here....Hawaii is a terrible place to go through the INS process....they are jaded by so many applications that they assume you've got a scam going on when you show up. Portland was the opposite....people were helpful and kind..Hawaii was like coming into the border from Mexico....they are backed up with cases and seem burned out from it.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
    Lanny likes this.