Politics IMPEACHMENT 2020: THE BIG SNOOZE

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by e_blazer, Jan 23, 2020.

1. calvin natt

calvin natt Confeve

Great. He is the only Republican with any character left.

2. Propagandist

Propagandist Well-Known Member

I told google to Search Google for this Image to see if it was real and it brought up results for Senior Citizen. Lol. Try it.

3. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    History judges nobody, because it's past.

Impeach definition is - to charge with a crime or misdemeanor; specifically : to charge (a public official) before a competent tribunal with misconduct in office.

Acquit definition is - to decide officially in a law court that someone is not guilty of a particular crime:
    She was acquitted of all the charges against her.
    Five months ago he was acquitted on a shoplifting charge.

He has been judged Not Guilty by Congress

He was falsely accused solely by the TDS Democrats, in their 4 year failed effort to overturn the 2016 election and to rig the 2020 election.

That is what people will remember in the future.

4. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    And thousands upon thousands of innocent people.

5. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    I guess he can run as a Democrat.

Romney faces party scorn, isolation after impeachment vote: 'He is ostracized'

By Marisa Schultz | Fox News
    Exclusive: 'Fox News Sunday' anchor Chris Wallace interviews Republican Senator Mitt Romney about his decision to vote to convict President Trump on abuse of power article of impeachment.

Mitt Romney will have a long road to redemption with the GOP – at least as long as President Trump is in office.

For those closest to the president, the business titan who was the party standard-bearer just eight years ago may never be forgiven over his dramatic vote to convict Trump on abuse of power this week. He could face primary challenges on top of the sustained scorn of Trump backers in his own state. His own family has a beef with him. The U.S. Capitol will become an instantly more challenging labyrinth of relationships.

“In a political sense, he is ostracized. He is excommunicated. He has lost all credibility. He should hire lots of security guards -- I don't wish him any physical harm, but people are furious!” said Matt Schlapp, chairman of the American Conservative Union, who already disinvited Romney from the popular CPAC convention this month. (Romney won the CPAC straw poll in 2012.)

As for whether Romney can be forgiven by Republicans, Schlapp had a terse answer: “Never.”

'He has lost all credibility. He should hire lots of security guards -- I don't wish him any physical harm, but people are furious!'

— Matt Schlapp, chairman of the American Conservative Union

An effort in Utah to allow voters to recall their senators suddenly picked up steam. Although the author of the legislation said the bill was never aimed at Romney specifically, the effort caught fire since Romney’s impeachment vote on Wednesday, the Deseret News reports.

The bill, sponsored by GOP Utah state Rep. Tim Quinn, would create a process by which a recall vote could go on the ballot after a petition by voters. Quinn said he’s been inundated this week with phone calls and emails that are “100 percent positive to the bill.”

The American Conservative Union is backing the recall legislation. But Schlapp said Romney should do Utah voters a favor and just resign.

"That would be the honorable thing [to do]," he told Fox News.

Romney isn’t up for reelection until 2024.

Other Trump loyalists said Romney will be paying the price at the ballot box.

Former Trump campaign manager Corey Lewandowski, who attended the impeachment vote, said Romney will be a “one-term senator.”

Rep. Mark Meadows, R-N.C., an outspoken Trump backer, said: “I don't see punishment coming, other than from the voters of Utah."

Dan Eberhart, a GOP fundraiser, said that Romney’s actions will certainly invite a primary challenge.

“Romney has been waiting to thumb his nose at Trump in the highest-profile way since his arrival in the Senate,” Eberhart said. “Romney is now the first senator in history to convict a president of his own party. That’s going to have a lasting impact on how he’s seen within the Republican Party.”

Intense Trump supporters viewed Romney’s defection as the ultimate betrayal and the final chapter of a long and troubled relationship between the two powerful men. Romney was complimentary toward Trump when he needed his endorsement for president in 2012 and for Utah senator in 2018, but in between, he ripped Trump as a “fraud” and a “phony” and refused to back him as president -- instead voting for his wife, Ann, whose name he wrote on his ballot.

On Wednesday, an emotional Romney cited his strong faith as the reason he had to follow his conviction and explained: “God demanded it of me.”

Trump tore into that rationale at the National Prayer Breakfast on Thursday. After brandishing newspapers with the headlines “ACQUITTED,” Trump told the crowd, “I don’t like people who use their faith as justification for doing what they know is wrong."

Schlapp said Romney’s justification of faith was particularly galling.

“Him trotting out his faith and God was insulting to those of us who believe in God and believe differently than him on this vote," Schlapp said. "I also think it's strange that he puts God in the drawer and then pulls him back out … depending on the political circumstances that impact Mitt Romney.”

Romney's vote put him at odds with the other GOP senator from Utah, Mike Lee, who said his colleague made the Democrats happy.

"I think Republicans are very upset about it. And I, for one, disagree with it and disagree with it strongly,” Lee told Shannon Bream on “Fox News @ Night.”

Outrage on social media against Romney was swift and fierce—with Trump’s oldest son, Don Jr., posting a meme of Romney calling him a “p-ssy” and tweeting that the 2012 GOP presidential nominee should be expelled from the Republican Party. Others branded Romney a traitor or a sore loser who is still bitter that Trump won the presidency when he couldn’t.

President Trump tweeted out a video that accused Romney of being a “Democrat secret asset.”

Rep. Jeff Van Drew, a New Jerseyan who left the Democratic Party after refusing to impeach Trump and joined the GOP, said Romney was wrong for his vote. Van Drew’s pledge of support to Trump was rewarded with a big Trump rally on the Jersey Shore last month.

“I think it was counterproductive for him, and the Republican Party, and he was wrong,” Van Drew said of Romney. “In the end, he lost so he has to decide for himself if that was worthwhile.

“You make your bed.”

6. Lanny

Lanny Original Season Ticket Holder "Mr. Big Shot"

Elec. & Computer Engineer OSU Computer Science PSU
    Like Hillary Clinton, Romney's Presidential bidding is now and forever more HISTORY.

Hoopguru and yankeesince59 like this.
  7. Lanny

Lanny Original Season Ticket Holder "Mr. Big Shot"

Elec. & Computer Engineer OSU Computer Science PSU
    Unlike innocent people and more like guilty people who got away with it.

8. ABM

ABM Happily Married In Music City, USA!

Commercial Real Estate
    I really have no way of proving this, but my gut instinct is that he's a pawn of the Mormon "Church". (i.e. Mormon "Deep State")

MARIS61 likes this.
  9. CupWizier

CupWizier Well-Known Member

retired

"I have no way of proving it but let me post a smear on someone I have no way of proving it"

Right out of the trump playbook. Don't bother responding as I won't see it. :biglaugh:

10. ABM

Commercial Real Estate

Make no mistake, the Mormon Church is a demonic and corrupt machine. My Niece lives in Utah and has become completely aghast at the power and influence they've been able to attain. Brain-washing in the complete sense of the word. Very sad, if not highly concerning......particularly, politically.

MARIS61 likes this.
  11. UncleCliffy'sDaddy

UncleCliffy'sDaddy We're all Bozos on this bus.

You seem like a very nice gentlemen but I have yet to figure out whether you are utterly clueless or just merely oblivious. My God man, you just freaking described Trump’s Republican Party to a tee. How can you be more worried about a religion that has dwindling influence in a lightly populated state than you are over a corrupt political party that arguably has control over this entire country???? And that uses “Christianity” as an excuse to marginalize all who they don’t agree with. Your own religious bent has obviously made you intolerant to any religious viewpoints other than those that support your personal ideology. But that makes you “forgiving” of sinners who sin for the benefit of that personal ideology. Time to start thinking for yourself brother. Religion needs to keep it’s ugly face out of politics entirely.

12. ABM

Commercial Real Estate

Truly, I wanted to vote for Kasich...and will if he runs in 2024. That said, Trump's "policies" align with mine more than any democrat, period.

Do a little research. The Mormon Church is a corrupt organization.

13. UncleCliffy'sDaddy

UncleCliffy'sDaddy We're all Bozos on this bus.

I did 18 years of research. It’s called “Total Catholic Immersion”.And the one true thing I learned (before AND after breaking away) is that virtually EVERY “organized” religion is corrupt by it’s very nature. They have to be to survive in a dog eat dog world. That’s why they cling to Trump like barnacles. He knows they are full of shit but doesn’t care. It’s only their votes that count. And having Trump as their champion insures their corrupt and self serving ways will continue. It doesn’t take a scholar to figure that out. And I don’t need anyone schooling me on religion of any kind. Experience is the best teacher.....

14. TorturedBlazerFan

TorturedBlazerFan Well-Known Member

Baby Daddy
    Interesting thing about Christians to me (and I am one), is that Christ spent almost all his time talking about how evil the religious groups were who were controlling the people of Isreal, and talking how important it is to love people. However when Christianity became an extension of Rome, it quickly became how just like every other religion trying to control people through rules and laws and forgot for the most part loving people.
    Christians the only way you can practice what Christ preached is to care about others, not your pocket books, not your rules, your clauses to morality, let God take care of that stuff he didnt ask you to. No one cares at all about the laws, no ones going to argue someone into being a Christian or an Atheist (or any other belief system).

I dont get why a Christian would look at one political candidate and say well I dont like them because of these moral rules, but I like Trump cause he does a couple things I like, ignoring how immoral he is....

15. Hoopguru

Hoopguru Well-Known Member

Religious freedom is OK and one of our rights as Americans.
    There should be a separation of church and state, for sure, but you cant separate people from their ideologies and religion, therefore both will be an influencing part of every culture on the planet.
    MLK was a deeply religious man that had tremendous positive impact on our culture and politics.

TorturedBlazerFan likes this.
  16. Minstrel

Minstrel Top Of The Pops Global Moderator

User Interface Designer
    For extremely religious Christians that support Trump, it's because one of those things--opposition to legal abortion--matters more than everything else combined, including whether he lives by Christian ideals or flouts them constantly. Or even knows anything at all about Christianity.

17. Hoopguru

Hoopguru Well-Known Member

I agree, abortion and conservative judges. The extreme left wants the opposite as bad too.
    Can there be a middle ground or give and take?

18. ABM

Commercial Real Estate
    Give me one democratic candidate you'd support and I'll get back to you.

19. TorturedBlazerFan

TorturedBlazerFan Well-Known Member

Baby Daddy
    I dont support anyone from the GOP or DNC because I think the power they have is bad for our country, but I would support most third party people because I think a viable third party would be good for us and create some stimulation in our politics that is needed for us to progress, and no I dont mean, “progressive”.

The issue isnt who Id support or you support. The issue is that Trump, tramples all over the morals that Christians claim to support but its excused because he does one thing Christians do like. Then Christians whine and moan about the lefts morals. It comes across as incredibly hypocritical to me. We want you to live by our compass, except our leader and chief.

20. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    Trump, RNC cash in on impeachment, raising $117M more in funds

By Marisa Schultz | Fox News
    House Minority Whip Steve Scalise reacts to President Trump’s monumental week as he beats impeachment and oversaw another job growth in the economy.

The Democrats’ impeachment saga not only ended Wednesday with a double acquittal but a $100 million windfall for President Trump’s reelection campaign efforts, the Republican National Committee (RNC) revealed Saturday.

The RNC, Trump's campaign and their joint fundraising committee have raked in $117 million in online donations since House Speaker Nancy Pelosi announced the impeachment inquiry on Sept. 24, 2019, thanks to an influx of new small-dollar donors who wanted to stand by the president.

"We've seen through our record-breaking fundraising that the Democrat's bogus impeachment galvanized President Trump's supporters across the country to contribute financially to his re-election efforts,” RNC spokesman Steve Guest said.

During the impeachment probe, Trump and the RNC went on offense by spending $11.3 million in new TV ads and digital campaigns with the theme: “Stop the madness.” They gained 1 million new small-dollar donors through their efforts.

The fundraising over the last four months during impeachment proceedings was 137 percent more from the same period a year prior, the RNC said.

“With this financial support, it's allowed us to expand our field program across the country to continue to engage with voters and with the ultimate goal of re-electing President Trump and Republicans up and down the ballot,” Guest said.

Trump formally launched his reelection bid in June 2019 at a rally in Florida -- the nation’s largest swing state. He's since held a steady pace of rallies to energize his base and has raked in millions from his supporters.

He raised more than all of his competitors, bringing in $211.3 million through the end of 2019, federal election records show.

Democrat Tom Steyer brought in $209 million, but $202 million of that haul came from his own pocket. The third-highest fundraiser to date is former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg who has completely self-funded his campaign with a $200 million infusion of cash.

Trump, a fellow wealthy businessman, hasn’t donated any personal funds to his reelection campaign account, records show.

Trump and the RNC have the big fundraising advantage this cycle, amassing a giant stockpile of money and not having to burn through cash to win a heated primary race.

The Democratic National Committee (DNC) raised $92.3 million so far this cycle, but spent most it and had $10.1 million cash in the bank at the end of 2019, according to Federal Election Commission (FEC) filings.

The RNC raised a total of $241 million this cycle, spent $192.6 million of it and ended 2019 with $72 million in cash on hand, FEC records show.