Injured Torres eyes derby return

Discussion in 'Liverpool FC' started by Colonel Ronan, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Colonel Ronan

Colonel Ronan Continue...?

Control Center analyst
    [​IMG]</p>

Liverpool striker Fernando Torres says he is desperate to return to fitness in time to play in Saturday's Merseyside derby against Everton at Goodison Park. </p>

Torres, 23, pulled up while training with Spain and a scan on Monday "confirmed an adductor injury", said a statement on Liverpool's website.</p>

But Torres, who has scored seven goals for the Reds, said: "I intend to be fit for Saturday. I don't want to miss out.</p>

"I've been told how special the game is and I need to be ready in time."</p>
    <div class="bo">

Torres has been in fine form for Liverpool since moving from Spanish side Atletico Madrid in a &pound;26.5m deal in the summer.</p>

He added: "I am very happy at Liverpool and I've learnt a lot - I love being at a big club like this.</p>

"I have played in big derby matches before. I played for Atletico against Real Madrid and I'm looking forward to enjoying something similar in the Premier League."</p>

Torres missed Spain's 3-1 win away in Denmark on Saturday as his side boosted their hopes of qualifying for Euro 2008 from Group F.</p>
    </div>

2. DDRickyDD

DDRickyDD SportsTwo Member.

Student
    I'm worried about this game... think Liverpool might lose.</p>

3. bbwMax

bbwMax Member

They need him for sure. They Should win it just but Everton got a good chance of a draw.</p>

4. Colonel Ronan

Colonel Ronan Continue...?

Control Center analyst
    Everton have played really well agaisnt top tier teams. Look at last season, even though they lost 4-2 to Man. U, they should of got a tie.</p>

5. Hudge

Hudge Active Member

<font face="Arial">Wow I didnt realise he'd scored that many already.</font></p>

6. CelticKing

CelticKing The Green Monster

They should be able to win that game. And hopefully Torres plays. You guys need him.</p>