Injuries that could work to our benefit

Discussion in 'Toronto Raptors' started by Chutney, Nov 7, 2009.

1. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

Our next two games are against Dallas and San Antonio:

2. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

UPDATE: Looks like Josh Howard actually will be playing. The other two are still most likely out though.

3. deception

deception JBB Banned Member

im really not a big fan of the mavericks team, although, they might drub us tonight because of matchup problems they present to our roster. nevertheless, kris humpries is arguably the second best big on their roster, that might be mitigated a bit when josh howard comes back and marion slides over to the four in crunch time. also, where are there shooters outside jason terry and dirk; jj barera is much more of a slasher than shooter btw and matt carrol gets no p/t.

in contrast, every raptor, save amir, rasho, reggie (the backup bigs) are decent shooters at the very least.

4. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

I think we definitely have a chance to hurt them when both teams dip into their benches. Aside from Jason Terry and Josh Howard for the time being (since he's coming off of ankle surgery), they just lack firepower and dependable NBA players in their 2nd unit. It's going to be the job of our starters to get their bench on the floor either by getting them in foul trouble or wearing them out.

5. HomieOmey

HomieOmey Member

I thought this was going to be about Raptor players, so was going to name Calderon. Calderon definitely deserves to start right now, but I think a minor injury/flu bug could help this team understand that Hedo needs to do more. I think starting Jack a few games should be attempted to try and improve our opening defense and to get Hedo doing more, but Jack definitely hasn't shown that he deserves to start just yet,