Injury Excuse Propaganda

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Neil O. Shyster, Dec 29, 2019.

1. e_blazer

e_blazer Rip City Fan

Consultant
    You seem to either not read my posts or you just ignore them since you never really respond to the points I make. I don't see any point in continuing the conversation.

2. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Wait. You can tell me to put you on ignore, but I cant give you advise on how to come off better around here? GTFO, Mr. double standard.

Second if you are denying this being a new account and you haven't had old ones here? I never said multiple, like multiple at once. you get banned then create a new one. one at a time, but one never lasts long. If you are denying that, well,... You can deal with your maker on that one.

Just like when I tried to be a gentle troll around here everyone knew who I was when I did create a new account. You cant hide your behavior man. It stands out. If you are going to deny this then just assume you have zero credibility here cause no one is going to buy that crap.

Anyhoe. Movin on. You are proving not worth the attempt at a convo. Its just circles.

3. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Maybe with his next moniker he will show some learnt.

e_blazer likes this.
  4. Tince

Tince Well-Known Member

I think 10 of Denvers top 11 players played over 50 games. 8 out of 11 played over 70 games. Portland will miss 3 of their top 6 players for the majority of the season. Denver was more healthy in the playoffs than we were last year.

You think Whiteside is better than Nurk was last year?

5. GDiama

GDiama Well-Known Member

I don't think Hassan is better Nurk, but many in here think he is. In any case this injury was taken care of and everybody was fine with it i believe. We thought its a great addition till Nurk returns.
    Yes maybe Portland starters end up missing more games, BUT Denver finished 2nd and was there all the way. We are 10th. It is not close. Tanking/garbage teams have same record with us.

6. TBpup

TBpup Writing Team

Investment Management / Financial Planner
    2/5ths of your starting line up when it is Dame/CJ you lose is the f***ing tornado it seems to me. Yes, losing Collins/Hood is bad, but they were #4 and #5 out of the starters. Toronto lost the best 2-way player in the league from last years team and also another starter in Green. They are still in a place to have HCA in the East if the Playoffs started today. THAT is prospering through a real tornado IMO.

7. wizenheimer

wizenheimer Well-Known Member

probably not, but the gap between them is not that big. Certainly not big enough to turn a 14-21 record into a winning one

I mean, if it was Nurkic who had played 32 of 35 games, but everything else was the same, injuries, crappy bench, all of it, I think Portland would still have a losing record and look like something was wrong a lot of nights. It might not be 'as wrong' as with Whiteside, but frankly, the C trade-off between Nurkic and Whiteside is the least of Portland's problems right now.

tester551 likes this.
  8. e_blazer

e_blazer Rip City Fan

Consultant
    Yeah, but a center rotation of Hassan and Nurk probably has a considerable impact on the record over Hassan and Tolliver/Brown.

TorturedBlazerFan likes this.
  9. oldfisherman

oldfisherman Unicorn Wrangler

OK, my turn to throw some stats around.

My favorite stat is, how many wins do we have, or would we have.

This season though 35 games
    14W-21L, for 7 games below 500
    Last seasons roster 35 games
    20W-15L, for 5 games above 500

So if this seasons roster was healthy, would it have won 6 more games and be equal to last seasons roster at this same time?

I believe with a healthy Zach, Skal & Hood, 6 more wins is a reasonable expectation.

So if healthy, this roster is as good as last seasons? Well maybe not. One more twist to consider.

The roster last season ended with positive momentum and chemistry, well, except for the last series.

It is also reasonable to expect last seasons roster to carry over some of the chemistry and momentum. Resulting in a better than 20W-15L start.

So what do all these stats tell us? Not one damn thing except a whole lot of nothing happened last off season. We are really not much better or worse than last season. More important, not one change made the roster better or worse for next season.

Last off season was one big pup and pony show.

Shaboid likes this.
  10. Neil O. Shyster

Neil O. Shyster Well-Known Member

We wouldn’t have Hassan if Nurk was not injured. Blazers made Western Conference finals without Nurk. The real comparison to be made is Hassan vs Kanter, which was a huge upgrade.

11. e_blazer

e_blazer Rip City Fan

Consultant
    Again, reading my posts before responding is kind of important. I'm responding to wizenheimer's comment about this season's record. When Nurk gets cleared to play, adding him to the center rotation has a major impact.

12. Neil O. Shyster

Neil O. Shyster Well-Known Member

Wow, just listening to 620 am radio... the host went on a rant saying this season’s performance is solely due to injuries... and nothing else! Then didn’t take any calls for people to respond. Straight Neil Olshey propaganda... this is state run media at its finest! It’s nice that Neil is friends with all the players and they can do no wrong, and still get paid! The media so aggressive pushing this narrative makes me feel they will make no moves... no accountability.

BonesJones likes this.
  13. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

The Warriors also do a much better job of us at playing the right way (i.e. ball movement, fundamental defense, etc)… If we were playing the style they are (or were coached by Kerr), we'd be much better then we are now. If it somehow didn't lead to better results, I wouldn't be blaming the coaching.

hoopsjock likes this.
  14. BonesJones

It's Stotts propaganda more than Olshey propaganda.

Maybe this is vain, but I feel like I've sparked those segments and that discussion due to my back and forth with media members who say the same thing. Saying injuries are our only problem is absolutely ridiculous, and I think most people would agree.

15. BonesJones

Our problems existed when we had Hood, and we were still losing to bad teams with him, so reduce that to 2 out of 5 starters.

Now reduce it to 1 out of 5 starters, because we got a starting C replacement for Nurkic who's been playing really well.

And we got Melo only because Collins got hurt, and on some nights, he plays really well and probably provides more than we would've gotten out of Zach (think last night).

So the 3 out of 5 starters narrative is extremely devoid of proper context.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2020
  16. wizenheimer

wizenheimer Well-Known Member

if Nurkic was healthy last summer, there never would have been a trade for Whiteside

and if he's due to be healthy soon, I've been told over and over here that Portland plans to trade him for an upgrade at another position. The reality could very well be that Portland keeps Whiteside till next summer though so maybe we'll see Portland test the impact of a Whiteside/Nurkic rotation

but the point remains that just plugging Nurkic into the same situation Whitside has might not have yielded more than a win or two.

BonesJones and Neil O. Shyster like this.
  17. BonesJones

Funny how no other team would have that same F5 tornado come through for them.

18. BonesJones

If we had no injuries: 20-15
    If we had a better coach with injuries: 21-14
    If we had a better coach and no injuries: 25-10

19. TorturedBlazerFan

TorturedBlazerFan Well-Known Member

Baby Daddy
    no... they arent better with a different coach and injuries then they would be just healthy.

20. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

good points though id argue that Toronto has a much deeper bench and maybe the mvp runner up in that conference in siakim. Oh yeah and thats the east. point taken about the tornado. They suffered a five. We suffered a three, id say.