Interested to hear the Lillard/McCollum excuses by this board

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by A$AP Meyers, May 20, 2019.

1. BlayZa

BlayZa Misbehaving responsibly

Media/Advertisng
    as much as that post hurts, its hard to argue n quantify

im literally amazed at the leads we've thrown away in this series and at some points the lack of heart, fire and passion i saw.

It's not like that it was all the post season, but this series, its like GSW just was inside our head and even with a lead we were like 'well, ya know terry gonna put in Evan any sec, so there goes 8-10, all they need is a few key more buckets and there goes the lead' and that's kinda what happened in some instances.

some of the lineups we had on the court whilst in the midst of losing large leads was just fuckin mind boggling.

i know dame was injured and CJ had a rough series, but as they go, we go. CJ and Dame had some fuckin horrific periods in this series - and that combined with pissing away every good lead pretty much sums it up.

overall tho, this post season was a huge success.

no nurk
    half an enes
    half a dame
    playing turner lots of minutes
    aminu doing god knows what

we were up against it and i think if anyone would have offered us a bump from 1st round sweep exit to WCF sweep exit, we'd take it with both hands.

hopefully we can do something with the ET and Meyers contracts and the 40m+ we're paying them. hopefully meyers trade value went up!

but if he's gonna finally play like that, well im happy to keep him. but, how likely is that?

2. BlazerWookee

BlazerWookee UNTILT THE DAMN PINWHEEL!

Gear Finisher
    Sure he is. He's a serial rabble-rouser with a talent for building straw men, and his sole purpose here is to troll for discord and then feign sincerity and play the victim. He's done it using the exact same M.O. in multiple forums using multiple monikers dating back at least to the Darius Miles/Mo Cheeks days at OLive.

3. borim69

borim69 Well-Known Member

I am sorry but since we started our playoff series in mid march where we were the 6th seed? and went all the way to the WCF? and you folks are bitching? Some of you weren't even born the last time we got here. So give the guys a break and be happy that we did. An amazing team we just could not pull off the 69 Mets no one can.

Sedatedfork and BlazerWookee like this.
  4. Mediocre Man

Mediocre Man Mr. SportsTwo

When you are considered the second best backcourt in the league, you have to be better than that.

5. GDiama

GDiama Well-Known Member

Not really if the rest of the team is average at best. And with average I'm being generous.

Orion Bailey likes this.
  6. TBpup

TBpup Writing Team

Investment Management / Financial Planner
    Dame gets at least a partial pass due to playing with separated ribs. That doesn't excuse the all to frequent turnovers but certainly some of the shooting.

CJ on the other hand....

Can someone find out what his shooting percentage was in the 4th quarter of this series? Seemed like he was decent to good early and then a bricklaying fool late. Perhaps that is not right which is why I'm inquiring.

Turftoejoe likes this.
  7. Sedatedfork

Sedatedfork Rip City Rhapsody

They lost those games to a very good team. They have only been to the NBA Finals 5 straight years. I never feel like any lead is safe against the W’s. Blazers made some mistakes but I wouldn’t start trashing CJ and Dame. Without them we don’t even get to the WCF. So, what was your point again?

8. Dutchman063

Dutchman063 Active Member

LOL...you beat me to it

9. bigbailes

bigbailes Well-Known Member

I preface this with the fact that yes, without Dame and CJ the Blazers would have never even sniffed the WCF, let alone the playoffs, BUT if you want to be considered a superstar and the 2nd best back court in the NBA, then you CANNOT give up those leads. It's a players league, and flat out they didn't make enough plays, especially Dame. He has to take this loss on him, hell you guys are giving him a pass for everything from game two on, but he wasn't good in the Denver series either. He looked disinterested after beating OKC, he wasn't the same guy. I'm not sure what was going on in head and maybe it was just hitting a wall mentally and/or physically but to give him a pass isn't right. Yes Aminu/Harkless were horrible and ET was a one man turnover machine. Not putting it all on Dame but he is the leader of this team and when they win, he gets the praise, when they lose, he has to shoulder the blame.

10. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

How many free throws did we miss in this series too? Im thinking 20+. What was the total margin of victory in points?