Is it the home crowd's fault?

Discussion in 'Brooklyn Nets' started by Bob-Section104, Dec 28, 2008.

1. DevinNets34

DevinNets34 Member

For those who keep thinking how to make this team better, I appreciate all of you.

Let's figure out how to make this stadium better.

Those tickets holders, you have to be the cheerleaders there, and make some slogans for the crowd to chant.

2. PsychoNetsFan34

PsychoNetsFan34 Member

It's funny cause my girlfriend brought up the same thing. She said on any game where their is less than 12,000 people their they should move sections down. I also noticed the intensity when the lower level is full after being moved. What they should do is black out parts of the upper level. What I mean is a couple years ago (for reasons unknown to me) they had a black tarp cover 2 sections in the upper level. So more sections in the upper level were packed in together. I just think 20,000 seats is way to much especially for our franchise.

3. killa kadafi191

killa kadafi191 A Realist

no.

the home crowd doesn't suit up and play. It's all about desire to win.

4. Dumpy

Dumpy Yi-ha!!

A long time ago, I remember it being said that the arena has amazing acoustics for concerts, but that, for the same reasons, you can't really hear the crowd cheer loudly at sporting events. Now, of course, they may not be cheering at all anyway, so who knows how much of an effect it has, or whether the acoustics are really any better than any more recently constructed arenas.

5. Bob-Section104

Bob-Section104 Longtime Nets Fan

Ok, back from tonight's game. I walked in to the arena SHOCKED to see so many people (was this one of the games that had free tickets offered)?

This losing streak is NOT the crowd's fault.

The crowd didn't even boo during the first half; other nights they would have.

When the Nets went on their third quarter run, the crowd was into it. And stayed into it. We were DESPERATE for a win. Hungry. Loud. And the team? 1 point in the last 4 and a half minutes of the game.

I love the Nets. I hate this trend.

6. PsychoNetsFan34

PsychoNetsFan34 Member

I was shocked to see the box score and see almost 19,000 went to the game. And I don't believe it was a free ticket game so its a good sign. I was upset that I didn't go to the game, but after seeing the outcome I felt a little better for not going. Just would have been super pissed trying to get out of the parking lot....

7. soul driver

soul driver Member

It wasn't exactly a free ticket game for tons of people, but it was a voucher game I believe. I was very happy to see how many people came- on a Monday night of all nights!

8. DevinNets34

DevinNets34 Member

Hey, why does the amount of crowd that goes to the IZOD CENTER become much more recently?

Is that caused by Chinese Population or what ?