Is Luke Walton

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by vinsanity03, Jun 3, 2003.

1. vinsanity03

vinsanity03 JBB JustBBall Member

Luke Walton going in this years draft? I've heard hype about him in the tourney, but now its a few weeks before the draft, and Luke Walton seems to be no where found. He isnt on NBADraft.net anymore either. Thanks.

2. olskoolfunktitude

olskoolfunktitude JBB The Pig Pirate

looks like hes gonna have a career slowed by injurys just like his old man

3. Kid Canada

Kid Canada JBB Banned Member

yah he had a great junior year then his senoir year was injury prone his stick really droped. I hope a team picks up hollis price!!!

4. olskoolfunktitude

olskoolfunktitude JBB The Pig Pirate

luke is supposed to be really good though. i hope he manages to get healthy

5. STC

STC JBB JustBBall Member

Yeah, injury really ruined him. He was considered one of the best players coming in but not anymore. I don't think he will last in the NBA.

6. AZ1

AZ1 JBB JustBBall Member

ne one that gets him if its in the second round or undrafted he will be a great steal.

7. STC

STC JBB JustBBall Member

Yeah, late second round he could end up to be a steal. People compare him to Scottie Pippen. A real poor man's Scottie Pippen. Does alot of the little things well. Passing, playing defense. He isn't as athletic or as quick, or fast as Scottie. Not a great jump shooter. I don't see him making an impact, atleast not for a couple of years.

8. jbbFranchise

jbbFranchise JBB JustBBall Member

when is hollis price supposed to be picked?

9. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "thefranchise3":</div><div class="quote_post">when is hollis price supposed to be picked?</div>He's not.

10. jbbFranchise

jbbFranchise JBB JustBBall Member

Does that mean hes not going into the draft? or just isn't good enough for people to pick him lol..?

11. Voodoo Child

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "thefranchise3":</div><div class="quote_post">Does that mean hes not going into the draft? or just isn't good enough for people to pick him lol..?</div>The second one. This is a very deep draft this year.

12. vinsanity03

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "Spartanfan2003":</div><div class="quote_post"><div class="quote_poster">Quoting "thefranchise3":</div><div class="quote_post">Does that mean hes not going into the draft? or just isn't good enough for people to pick him lol..?</div>The second one. This is a very deep draft this year.</div>

Price is good, but this draft is crazy.

13. Voodoo Child

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "Dr. Funk":</div><div class="quote_post"><div class="quote_poster">Quoting "Spartanfan2003":</div><div class="quote_post"><div class="quote_poster">Quoting "thefranchise3":</div><div class="quote_post">Does that mean hes not going into the draft? or just isn't good enough for people to pick him lol..?</div>The second one. This is a very deep draft this year.</div>

Price is good, but this draft is crazy.</div>Indeed, even Troy Bell might go undrafted.

14. STC

STC JBB JustBBall Member

I think Bell will be drafted in the 2nd round. That would be crazy for the Big East player of the Year (it should have been Carmelo) to go undrafted though. But right now, he is a late 2nd rounder, so there is always the posibility.

15. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

I think the Lakers will take a strong look at Walton and Bell. Walton is a smart player and knows how to play, and that is exactly what PJ likes. He won't have many minutes behind George & Fox, but the Lakers can develop him slowly to be the eventual backup to George, after Fox retires. Bill Walton has strong ties in the Los Angeles & San Diego area, so I wouldn't be surprised if the Lakers or Clippers end up with the little red head.

16. vinsanity03

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "STCBBall3":</div><div class="quote_post">I think Bell will be drafted in the 2nd round. That would be crazy for the Big East player of the Year (it should have been Carmelo) to go undrafted though. But right now, he is a late 2nd rounder, so there is always the posibility.</div>

That would be very crazy!! I hate when stuff like that happens.

17. Voodoo Child

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "shapecity":</div><div class="quote_post">I think the Lakers will take a strong look at Walton and Bell. Walton is a smart player and knows how to play, and that is exactly what PJ likes. He won't have many minutes behind George & Fox, but the Lakers can develop him slowly to be the eventual backup to George, after Fox retires. Bill Walton has strong ties in the Los Angeles & San Diego area, so I wouldn't be surprised if the Lakers or Clippers end up with the little red head.</div>The Lakers wouldn't take Bell or Walton so high in the draft when they could have guys like Rick Rickert and Travis Outlaw.

18. Voodoo Child

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "STCBBall3":</div><div class="quote_post">I think Bell will be drafted in the 2nd round. That would be crazy for the Big East player of the Year (it should have been Carmelo) to go undrafted though. But right now, he is a late 2nd rounder, so there is always the posibility.</div>Ron Slay is another example of an All-American who won't be drafted.

19. slamduncan21

slamduncan21 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "shapecity":</div><div class="quote_post">I think the Lakers will take a strong look at Walton and Bell. Walton is a smart player and knows how to play, and that is exactly what PJ likes. He won't have many minutes behind George & Fox, but the Lakers can develop him slowly to be the eventual backup to George, after Fox retires. Bill Walton has strong ties in the Los Angeles & San Diego area, so I wouldn't be surprised if the Lakers or Clippers end up with the little red head.</div>

noo. that'd only make bill love the lakers even more. he'd say "throw it down, son, throw it down!" i'm convinced that makes him excited. :roll: