Is the clock ticking on the Teflon Dave era?

Discussion in 'AFC East' started by DolfanDale, Dec 18, 2003.

1. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

Dan Reeves was the first to be fired. Jim Fassel went second. Should we start a pool on how many coaches will be fired before Teflon Dave? jk Surely Wayne has Dave's pink slip already filled out. Right? Final check, Christmas bonus and pink slip in one tidy package! Right? Can anything save Dave's job?

2. Pats37

Pats37 The Next Big Thing

Hmmmm.... What can save dave's job? NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He'll be lucky to score a job as a ball boy after wasting all the talent he has hed in Miami.

3. Steelerfan_2005

Steelerfan_2005 The Peacekeeper XL

He'll surely go back to being an assistant coach of somekind. He wasn't a complete waste as a DC. But his days in Miami should be numbered. How many times can a team with Miami's talent falter and the HC not get canned?

4. Send em back al

Send em back al nfl-*****s member

Dale, how dare you say that Reeves was <u>fired</u>. Oh wait... He was fired. I almost forgot. [​IMG] Dave is definitely on the hot seat at this point. He's not the only one though. I would be surprised to see any more coaches booted before the end of the regular season. But soon thereafter the death march begins.

5. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

I can only think of 1 thing that could save the Teflon ones job....The Dolphins make the playoffs(barely), go on a miracle run and end up in the Super Bowl, if that doesnt happen(and it wont), the Dolphins are searching for a coach by Super Bowl sunday...

6. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

I read that not even the playoffs can save Wanny. At least, Wayne will wait until the season comes mercifully to an end (Happy New Year Dave???).

I had a vision that Chris Palmer (Houston O co-ord) gets named 'phins coach. He was the Browns coach for a while. The Defensive staff remains in tact. Schottenheimer is fired. Norv replaces him & takes Wanny to the left coast to be his D co-ord.

7. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

BA, the thought of Chris Palmer coaching the Dolphins doesn't thrill me, but I'm not very familiar with him. Do you like him as a coach and why?

8. Thoth

Palmer is helping develop David Carr in Houston. Further, he is an offense minded coach and will open things up.

Every one and their dog will go after Lovie Smith. Another possibilty is Romeo Crennel (Pats D co-ord). Former Giants o co-ord Sean Payton (now QB coach in Dallas) could be the new co-ordinator.

If the Bills fire Greg Williams, he might be a good new defensive co-ordinator. He could then be reunited w/ Heimerdinger (Titans O co-ord) who might be ready for a head coaching gig.

Of course, we could make it real simple and Wayne could hire the Dwo. If so, I get dibs on Defensive Co-ordinator & Executive VP, personnel.

9. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

How about Ron Wolf as GM and Bill Cowher as HC, should the Steelers fire him? I think Cowher might give the Dolphins the fire they have been missing. I think he might help our defense take the next step to becoming dominate. Just a thought.

10. vikingfan

vikingfan nfl-*****s member

Ok, I just heard today that Dennis Green is a possible fit for Miami. My advice to Miami:

DON'T DO IT!!!! HE'LL RUIN YOUR TEAM!!!

He is a short term coach, creates a great team for a one-year shot at the superbowl. After that, the team is destroyed needing years of rebuilding and salary cap adjustments.

11. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

Ron Wolf would be a great fit....I read that if Millen gets canned in Detroit, that Rick Speilman would be the 1st choice as his replacement, if that happened, the Ron Wolf would be great as a GM, and let him hire someone from the "Holmgren" circle to come here and coach, those guys usually do well

12. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

The Dolphins PC is at 1:30 pm. Any chance someone else other than Wannstedt is at the podium? Like Wayne explaining why he let Dave go?

13. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

CRAP! There he is! Get out your shovels.

14. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

Beef, I have bad news. We had a discussion about Dave Wannstedt being GM and he is the GM. Dave has final say over Rick Spielman regarding personel. Now, the story continues to pick up steam that Wannstedt will be demoted to just coach and a new GM will be hired. I want to throw up. Dave Wannstedt has never shown an inkling of being able to make a gameday adjustment. We need a new coach. It looks like the Wannstedt era may continue longer than we had hoped.

15. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

If they go that way, the new GM will make the decision on whether to bring back Wanny or not...so even if they go that way, I sill think Wannstedt is gone....but, today it was announced that Hyzengia already decided what to do with the Teflon one, but wont announce it until after this week....that tells me hes fired, because if they were retaining him I think he would have gotten the "vote of confidance" already

16. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

I hope Dave's gone. Having TheBeefReaper stalking me has me really creeped out.

17. Thoth

From the article I read, It seems vanilla Dave is gone. Ron Wolf would be a great GM but I doubt he'll unretire which means Randy Mueller who used to be w/ the Saints is the next most likely unless they bring Jimmy back. But, If JJ returns then Wanny remains.

If Wanny is goney, beef, will the bag come off???

18. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

Yeah, thats been the deal since the NE game, I said that I will wear this bag until Wanny is no longer the coach of the Dolphins....which means if he is retained for another year, im gonna be under this stinky paper bag for another 52 weeks or so....I cant imagine a scenario where Wannstedt is the coach of the Dolphins next year....I do know that if Wanny comes back, they wont draft a QB high in the draft, Wannstedt knows he has to win right away if he returns so they will draft a guy that can help right away...

19. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

In Chris Mortensons hot seat report, he stated "Dont be surprised if Dave Wannstedt gets a contract extension"....one second, Ill be right back, I have to pick up an order of rat poision at the local Home Depot, gotta make myself a cocktail before I go to sleep

20. Zackman

Zackman The Historian

I'm hearing that Rick Speilman will be the next GM in Detroit. The question is will the Ford's and Millen cut some type of deal to get it done this year or will Millen stick around one more year?