Is the SEC really all its cracked up to be?

Discussion in 'Oregon Ducks' started by Rhal, Sep 20, 2013.

1. Rhal

Rhal Well-Known Member

UPS
    http://www.thepostgame.com/commenta...sto-southern-secession-chuck-thompson-sec-bcs

I couldn't find a post about this earlier so i'm not sure if its been posted. Its a good read for some of the facts throw into it but the article is written with a very obvious biased against the SEC and some of the arguments are not well thought out and just comical in nature.

I will say I don't think the SEC is as good as ESPN makes it out to be. They are the best Conference but its a very top heavy conference that very rarely ever schedules away games against ranked opponents and their "dominance" is heavily manipulated by Biased and random algorithms that in a nut shell say "If the SEC loses to SEC they should barely drop in the rankings because the SEC is amazing but if anyone else loses they should drop in the rankings like a stone because they aren't playing SEC teams".

2. BLAZER PROPHET

BLAZER PROPHET Well-Known Member

dental malpractice claims adjuster
    I think you said it best when you say it's a very top heavy conference. But they get to pay their players more then the rest of us.

3. Targus

Targus Suspended

Keeping you safe. If I tell you more, you would b
    Yes, top heavy...but, what conference isn't? Doesn't every conference have their Utah's, Washington State's, Colorado's...then their USC's, Oregon's and Stanford's? I truly think this is the Pac's year (via Oregon) but how can one debate the following:
    2003 LSU 13-1, 7-1 Nick Saban
    2006 Florida 13-1, 7-1 Urban Meyer
    2007 LSU 12-2, 6-2 Les Miles
    2008 Florida 13-1, 7-1 Urban Meyer
    2009 Alabama 14-0, 8-0 Nick Saban
    2010 Auburn 14-0, 8-0 Gene Chizik
    2011 Alabama 12-1, 7-1 Nick Saban
    2012 Alabama 13-1, 7-1 Nick Saban