Is there anyone out there?

Discussion in 'Milwaukee Bucks' started by Milweskee, Sep 24, 2003.

1. Milweskee

Milweskee JBB JustBBall Member

...that believes the Bucks have a chance for the playoffs!? I do. Here's a list of factors that will play into the Bucks success...

1. George Karl is gone.
    2. Tim Thomas will probably have his best year since Karl is gone.
    3. Coach Porter will be giving the young, athletic, and naturally talented players an abundance of playing time, which Marcus Haislip needs desperately before his third year in the NBA.
    4. Gadzuric was the only young player Karl wasn't afraid to play last year, which has to make you wonder what talent he had that had convinced Karl to play him. He's the frontrunner at center.
    5. T.J. Ford is going to have an excellent year passing to Desmond Mason, Michael Redd, and Tim Thomas.
    6. Porter's goal is to create a team to run the floor. These players will thrive on that philosophy, that is exactly what this Bucks team is, and will be.
    7. Porter is going to let all the big guys they have battle it out in training, and seek out the best big guys to start. Since there are so many, the one that gets the job will have to be good. I think it will be Joe Smith and Gadzuric.
    8. A few Eastern Conference teams have added talent over the offseason, but no one knows exactly how well Mourning will do in Jersey, or how Glen Robinson will do in Philly. You can't just assume that these teams are better because they've added a good player or two. Every team in the Eastern Conference is going to go through some adjustments with the exception of New Orleans. It could be a good year for a young up and coming team like the Bucks (they DO possess the talents of all-star caliber players) who are determined to create a fast paced offense.

2. jbbKing James

jbbKing James JBB Banned Member

Cavs, Bulls, Wizards, and Heat will have a better record IMO.

3. Ice

Ice JBB Member

There is no way they will make the playoffs.
    The "Big 3" is gone. Ray Allen was their franchise player. TJ Ford is their future as it appears. Hes less the 6'0 and in the NBA size seems to be a key. Im not saying he wont be any good, but lack of size could be a problem down the road. They traded Sam Cassel for just about nothing as well.
    Their roster stands at
    Jason Caffey
    T.J. Ford
    Dan Gadzuric
    Marcus Haislip
    Damon Jones
    Toni Kukoc
    Anthony Mason
    Desmond Mason
    Joel Przybilla
    Michael Redd
    Daniel Santiago
    Brian Skinner
    Joe Smith
    Erick Strickland
    Tim Thomas

None of those players have the talent or experience to lead themselves into the playoffs. Sorry, its just not happening this year.

4. Milweskee

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting airforce1s:</div><div class="quote_post">There is no way they will make the playoffs.
    The "Big 3" is gone. Ray Allen was their franchise player. TJ Ford is their future as it appears. Hes less the 6'0 and in the NBA size seems to be a key. Im not saying he wont be any good, but lack of size could be a problem down the road. They traded Sam Cassel for just about nothing as well.
    Their roster stands at
    Jason Caffey
    T.J. Ford
    Dan Gadzuric
    Marcus Haislip
    Damon Jones
    Toni Kukoc
    Anthony Mason
    Desmond Mason
    Joel Przybilla
    Michael Redd
    Daniel Santiago
    Brian Skinner
    Joe Smith
    Erick Strickland
    Tim Thomas

None of those players have the talent or experience to lead themselves into the playoffs. Sorry, its just not happening this year.</div>

You are saying that the Bucks have ABSOLUTELY NO CHANCE to make the playoffs. I'M SORRY but pretty much every team in the East has a chance at the playoffs. Some team's chances are just a bit better than others. The Bucks have a chance. A decent one at that. To say the 8th seed in the East is out of reach would be just plain stupid. None of these players have the talent? You're an idiot. Think about it. Sleep on it. Research the roster. The potential is there.

5. jbbKing James

<font color="Red">Milweskee, please resize you sig, or select a new one. The maximum dimensions allowed is 468x100, just like mine.</font>

Thanks.

On to the Bucks playoff chances, it just ain't going to happen. You don't have the talent, size, or depth that some of these other teams have in the East. Redd will be your best player, Mason will have some nice dunks, but will the rest of his game improve? Kukoc is bound to get hurt or traded away to a playoff team wanting to add a scoring vet. You can't tell me that you depend on Ford to handle the load of a starting point guard and do a solid job night in and out without having some downfalls. Tim Thomas is just flat out lazy, he does not play hard every single night, let alone every possession.

6. Ice

Ice JBB Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting King James:</div><div class="quote_post">On to the Bucks playoff chances, it just ain't going to happen. You don't have the talent, size, or depth that some of these other teams have in the East. Redd will be your best player, Mason will have some nice dunks, but will the rest of his game improve? Kukoc is bound to get hurt or traded away to a playoff team wanting to add a scoring vet. You can't tell me that you depend on Ford to handle the load of a starting point guard and do a solid job night in and out without having some downfalls. Tim Thomas is just flat out lazy, he does not play hard every single night, let alone every possession.</div>
    Thank you King James, you saved me time from answering Milweskee. Im biased when it comes to the magic but ill be the first to tell you if they arent gonna make the playoffs or are lacking on defense/rebounding. (Which they did last season)
    Simple fact is that when your best player is Redd your in trouble. (15.1 Points Per Game, 4.5 Rebounds, 1.4 Assists

7. Milweskee

If Redd and Thomas are leading the offense you're not in trouble. when you don't have a Payton or Allen in the way your stats go up. He was coming off the bench, fool. He was running for sixth man last year. That means he'll be a very good scorer. most likely top ten.

8. Ed!

Ed! JBB JustBBall Member

if your 1st option is a sixth man, you arent gonna make the playoffs.

9. Milweskee

I know we have a better chance than the Bulls.

10. Ed!

Ed! JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Milweskee:</div><div class="quote_post">I know we have a better chance than the Bulls.</div>

HAHAHA! I cant believe you said that. <font size="7">The Bucks have NO CHANCE AT ALL.</font> Im sorry, but your best player is a rookie. Or, if you want to say Redd is your best player, your best player is a sixth man. Face it, Milweskee, you guys have no chance.
    Just as a little poll, who has a better chance at the playoffs? Bucks or Bulls?
    Bucks 1 (Milweskee)
    Bulls 1 (Me)

11. jbbKing James

ha, I put my life on the line saying they won't make it..that is how confident I am.

12. Ed!

Ed! JBB JustBBall Member

Does that count as a vote for the bulls havein a bettter shot at the playoffs?

13. How_High78

How_High78 JBB JustBBall Member

Just to toss a log on this fire I vote for the Bulls making the playoffs over the Bucks!

14. Milweskee

oh yeah, i forgot, the bulls have scottie pippen. i guess that ensures a playoff run. all the hype about the bulls is a joke.

15. jbbKing James

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Milweskee:</div><div class="quote_post">oh yeah, i forgot, the bulls have scottie pippen. i guess that ensures a playoff run. all the hype about the bulls is a joke.</div>

People that complain about the hype are the people that fall victim to it. It's your fault if you are listening to these youngin' teeny boppers that talk about the Bulls getting homecourt in the East, or saying that Bron is already an MVP, or I guess in this case, that the Bucks have a chance for the playoffs, ha.

Don't listen to the wrong people, save yourself a few aspirins.

16. Milweskee

yeah i guess we're supposed to run around with a ski hat on backwards and ear muffs cuz that crap is all over the place. you can't help but hear and see it.

17. Ice

Ice JBB Member

There is no chance at all for the bucks making the playoffs. Im shocked you are still replying in this thread. Its done, they are rebuilding. Count me down as another vote for the Bulls

18. Ed!

Ed! JBB JustBBall Member

Bulls-3
    Bucks-1

19. Ed!

Ed! JBB JustBBall Member

whoops i forgot king james's vote
    Bulls-4
    Bucks-1

20. Milweskee

I haven't been here in a while, here's a look at all the speculation I recieved when I predicted the Bucks chances at the playoffs, and predicted the Bulls would suck again this year.

"There is no chance at all for the bucks making the playoffs. Im shocked you are still replying in this thread. Its done, they are rebuilding. Count me down as another vote for the Bulls"

Terry Porter told everyone he was going to the playoffs. For a rookie coach to say that and be right, that says a lot.

"Just to toss a log on this fire I vote for the Bulls making the playoffs over the Bucks!"

You mean to say Jesus Christ is suiting up in Chicago?

"ha, I put my life on the line saying they won't make it..that is how confident I am."

So you want to die this summer?

"HAHAHA! I cant believe you said that. The Bucks have NO CHANCE AT ALL. Im sorry, but your best player is a rookie. Or, if you want to say Redd is your best player, your best player is a sixth man. Face it, Milweskee, you guys have no chance.
    Just as a little poll, who has a better chance at the playoffs? Bucks or Bulls?
    Bucks 1 (Milweskee)
    Bulls 1 (Me)"

C'mon, I thought everyone could see that Redd was a rising star!

"On to the Bucks playoff chances, it just ain't going to happen. You don't have the talent, size, or depth that some of these other teams have in the East. Redd will be your best player, Mason will have some nice dunks, but will the rest of his game improve? Kukoc is bound to get hurt or traded away to a playoff team wanting to add a scoring vet. You can't tell me that you depend on Ford to handle the load of a starting point guard and do a solid job night in and out without having some downfalls. Tim Thomas is just flat out lazy, he does not play hard every single night, let alone every possession"

Well, you were half right. Thomas is still kind of lazy

"Cavs, Bulls, Wizards, and Heat will have a better record IMO."