Is this site bias???

Discussion in 'NFL General' started by Zackman, Dec 19, 2003.

1. Zackman

Zackman The Historian

I find it very lame that this site chooses to spell Detroit as Detriot. My first impression is that this site is very weak compared to TheRedZone. I would be interested to know who the moron is that picked Randy "I play when I feel like it" Moss as the face of this forum.

2. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

I think the webmaster is the person who picked the picture. This site is very cool because all of the gang is here and the webmaster has welcomed us to his site. Did you think that maybe the misspelling of Detroit was due to a human error? This is a free country and people have a choice to post here at the NFL Forums or posting at the other site. I choose to post here. Zachman, I have never had a problem with you but please don't come in here attacking the webmaster. He has been nothing but cool to us. He has been very helpful as well. I'm sure that if you send him an email, he will try to correct the spelling on that forum. It seems to me that perhaps you don't want to like this site. Why not give it a shot and your 2nd impression might be different.

3. Pats37

Pats37 The Next Big Thing

I'm not worried about spelling just the ability to converse and that is here and all that matters. By the way check out the spelling of New England or should I say New Englad

4. vikingfan

vikingfan nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Zackman wrote:

I find it very lame that this site chooses to spell Detroit as Detriot. My first impression is that this site is very weak compared to TheRedZone. I would be interested to know who the moron is that picked Randy "I play when I feel like it" Moss as the face of this forum.
    </div>

Zackman,

This is the moron who picked Randy "The Best Receiver in the League (and possibly of all time)" Moss as the face of the forum and who accidentally misspelled Detroit. I would be happy to discuss with you in the Vikings forum why Randy Moss is not the bad boy of the league as so many people like to make him out to be.

Furthermore, this site is open to all football fans to discuss football. If you have a complaint about the forum, you are more than welcome to e-mail me personally at mark@towersearch.com or to e-mail a moderator.

I hope you take the time to enjoy the discussions that are starting up in this forum. I certainly do not mind constructive criticism, in fact, I welcome it. From now on, however, if you have a complaint about the forum, please come to me first rather than blasting the forum publicly.

5. Zackman

Zackman The Historian

It looks to me like this site is run by vikingfan. Rickard Andersson appears to be his real name. After reviewing a few of his posts I see he spells Detroit the same way. I didn't have a problem in TheRedZone and I don't have one here. I will call a Spade a Spade and this site is run by a Anti-Detroit Lion Viqueen Fan.

While I have no problem with anyone taking shots a my Lions or even using foul language, I do think that a person running a NFL site should not set it up like this one has been set up. And anyone who thinks this site is a better site than TheRedZone is not being honest with themselves. (Leave fans you don't like out of your assessment and TheRedZone wins hands down.)

I say if Detroit is spelled correctly and that asshole Moss is replaced with a neutral NFL photo, I'll give this site a fair shake. If not I'll post accordingly.

GEORGE W. BUSH IN 2004!!!!

6. Steelerfan_2005

Steelerfan_2005 The Peacekeeper XL

Zackman, bud! What's with all the negative energy? This was an honest mistake that will be corrected. Give it a chance. You won't post here because Rany Moss is on the header? But you'll post at the "other" site where maniacs roam free treating everyone like children, deleting posts, and banning at will?

I respect your football opinions and your politcal views, but I find it rather disturbing that you would call someone you don't even know a Anti-Detroit Lion Viqueen Fan. The Vikings fans at the "other" site were not very good guys in the fact that all they wanted to do was bash and insult, but I would give the admin here a chance. We will help this site grow and develop as he seems very open to ideas and changes.

As for The "other" site being superior, it was in structure, but not in members. It will be empty soon and a forum is only as good as its members. Don't forget that.

Please be open minded about this. We'd all like you to stay.

7. Cowboy71

Cowboy71 Dallas Cowboys *********

The former site was a little more streamlined, but I think we can all make it pretty good with some help. Look around....this is a baby yet.

Sure, you could argue a better picture....and the spellings, layouts, etc can be improved, but its a good start and its not overpopulated.

Zachman, we have more history with you than the people that were already here. However, I don't think vikingfan is that bad of a guy...maybe he just can't spell lol. Check out the Lions forum. He certainly thought well of Detroit earlier this year...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>vikingfan wrote:

I think that Detriot is going to be the surprise team of the year. Last year they showed quite a bit of fight in them, but with a horrible coach nothing could ever get done.

Steve is going to take the talent on this team and surprise the NFC North. I predict the following:

Vikings
    Detriot
    Packers
    Bears

Now I know that I am alone in this opinion...but, I just don't see the Pack doing it again this year.
    </div>

And least he's not weed123 (let's hope).

8. Steelerfan_2005

Great findings Cowboy. Just give it a chance Zack. We'd like you to stay.

9. Zackman

Zackman The Historian

Yea Yea I'll give it a chance. But I'm not buying the "honest mistake". Viking fans often spell Detroit like Det-Riot for the 1968 Race Riots. I don't have a problem with that in a forum, but on the Site itself I think it show a lack of class. I see vikingfan has quickly corrected that.

As for the face of this site ... I'd prefer someone or something with class. I don't think Ray Lewis in a full lenghth white mink coat covered in blood would be good, nor would Randy Moss running down a female traffic Cop with a Bob Marley sized joint in his mouth.

I'd like to hear some classy suggestions.

10. Steelerfan_2005

I liked how the "other" site had pictures on the team pages with their stars and the General Board was the NFL emblem. I think we should come up with some new ideas though as not to make this a copy of the other.

Time to brainstorm!

11. vikingfan

vikingfan nfl-*****s member

One suggestion that I just received from a friend would be to rotate images. In other words, have a different player each time the page loads. That way no one player gets all the attention.

12. Pats37

Pats37 The Next Big Thing

I'll will also try to think up some Ideas but just the abilitly to call up all of your posts to see who has responded is much better. I'd find myself forgetting I posted in a forum and then no seeing a response.

13. kcgsc

kcgsc Chiefs Enthusiast Extraordinaire

Hey. Enter Zackman. I was a little later than the others in responding, but I am glad to see you decided to give this site a chance. After all, we should be trying to be patient and even-tempered according to The Good Book anyway. Good to see you here. I really think the spelling thing was a mistake, and the Webmaster should be allowed to post pics of his fav. team...that's why it's so great to be in America!

14. Philly_Freak93

Philly_Freak93 The Oracle

guys i found the site and told you. jeez no appreciation.

but i agree with zackman. i think that its a NFL-FORUM site and should have all forums speeled the same. then you can post ur names in your post. i know this is still in the early ages but i hope that we could make this better than the other place.

15. Steelerfan_2005

Thanks again for the leg work Dawk, it is much appreciated.

Of course spelling isn't your strong suit either, so I wouldn't push your luck. [​IMG]

But in all seriousness, the site will be fine. We'll all help the webmaster improve this site and we'll all benefit from the improvements.

16. Philly_Freak93

Philly_Freak93 The Oracle

i know my spelling here isnt good, but i type fast casue it doesnt count as a grade and can be understood.(at least i think, if not tell me

17. kcgsc

kcgsc Chiefs Enthusiast Extraordinaire

What!? I see the letters.... They resemble words.... Just Kidding there Dawk!

18. Steelerfan_2005

Up until now I thought he just talked in code.... maybe every other letter was important. It seemed every message had an inner message... "I a m M c N a b b" I guess sometimes you just read too far into things.... [​IMG]

19. Send em back al

Send em back al nfl-*****s member

I think the hidden message was:

"BE SURE TO DRINK YOUR OVALTINE"