Is Turner worth it?

Discussion in 'AFC South' started by Titans_Buckeyes, Apr 3, 2007.

1. Titans_Buckeyes

Titans_Buckeyes NFL-*****s Member

I know Michael Turner is a solid runningback and could flourish into something great. But, does anyone here honestly think he's worth what the Chargers want for him?

And if so, do you think it'd be a good move by the Titans? I'm kind of stuck in the middle here. I'd be happy to have Turner on the team, but I guess I'm paranoid that it won't work out for my boys from Tennessee.

Thoughts? Opinions? Anything? Lol.

2. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

Depends what the compensation is. I think he's worth a 2nd round pick but I don't think he's worth two Day 1 picks. He really hasn't proven much in the league except that he can spell LT every now and then. He has the potential to be great but I rather take Marshawn Lynch and keep my 2nd or 3rd rounder instead of trading for Turner and losing the 1st and 3rd in the process. If the Titans can get him for a 2nd and 4th I think it'd be a solid deal for both teams.

3. Titans_Buckeyes

Titans_Buckeyes NFL-*****s Member

The Chargers want a first and a third for Turner, but I really don't see the Titans giving up that much for someone that could possibly be a bust. I'm pretty sure if a deal is done, it'll be like the Schaub deal between the Falcons and Texans.

If all else fails, I guess the Titans are interested in Corey Dillon, which doesn't excite me, but maybe he'll help LenDale White out.

4. MKIV_Supra

MKIV_Supra 2006 NFL-*****s FF Grand Champion

Not worth it IMO. You can just get back Chris Brown and let LenDale White get in the mix as well. You can always wait another year when he becomes a UFA.

5. Pack Attack

Pack Attack The KISS Army

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Depends what the compensation is. I think he's worth a 2nd round pick but I don't think he's worth two Day 1 picks.</div>
    I agree. I might even go so far as to give up a 2nd and a sixth or seventh, but a first and a third? Ludicrous.

6. FLORIDA PACKER

FLORIDA PACKER nfl-*****s member

Thats the tender they have on him, not necessarily what they're asking for him, IMO Turner is worth a Middle round pick, which would equal the value of trading maybe the 30th pick the draft with the 16th pick Maybe? ;D

7. BearNole 6304

BearNole 6304 nfl-*****s member

burner turner is a good back but san deigo aint finna move him wanting a first and a third. ill say a 2nd and a 5th or 3rd and 4th. if the titans do get him, they should let chris brown go and just rotate turner and white in the back field. that could develop into a deadly combination if they use em right

8. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

I read Buffalo is no longer interested. Further, the Chargers are hoping to get a 1st round pick for Turner and possibly move up in the draft.

9. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

I dont think I would give Chargers a 1st round pick for Turner, because he will be a free agent next year, and a team could easily pick him up if the price was right. The chargers probably cant afford to franchise tag a backup, because he would get like 10 million.

Now if you could get Turner for a 2nd rounder and get him to sign a 7 year contract, I would be all for it. That way you dont have to compete with other teams, but a 1st rounder is too early, espically where Buffalo and Tenessse picks.

10. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (panthersare#1)</div><div class='quotemain'>I dont think I would give Chargers a 1st round pick for Turner, because he will be a free agent next year, and a team could easily pick him up if the price was right. The chargers probably cant afford to franchise tag a backup, because he would get like 10 million.

Now if you could get Turner for a 2nd rounder and get him to sign a 7 year contract, I would be all for it. That way you dont have to compete with other teams, but a 1st rounder is too early, espically where Buffalo and Tenessse picks.</div>
    The trade could be with anyone. Hypothetically, lets say its The Giants who are looking to replace Barber. Per the Draft value chart; #20 = 850 pts & #30 = 620 pts. Total = 1470

Interestingly, the #9 pick (held by the Phins) is worth 1350.

If Mueller were to throw in Miami's 4th & one the 7th rounders then its all but equal. Its a trade I'd swing.