Isiah has assembled the worst basketball team in the planet

Discussion in 'New York Knicks' started by j0se, Mar 26, 2006.

1. j0se

j0se JBB Banned Member

2. Beat

Beat JBB JustBBall Member

No lie. I was on the train talking to this guy about basketball. He asked who my favorite team was and I said the knicks. Almost everyone on the cart started laughing.

3. bbwtrench

bbwtrench BBW Member

Why haven't they fired Thomas yet? Stevie Francis, StarBury, and Rose all on the same team? They do the same damn thing. None of them can play defense for ****, and their offense is streaky... They also need to dominate the ball to be effective..

Marbury is poison to any team. He didnt help New Jersey, the Wolves, or New York. Best point guard in the NBA my ass.. I cant believe he had the guts to say he was the best at his position on Quite Frankly!.. We all know Nash and Kidd are much better...

4. j0se

j0se JBB Banned Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting trenchteam:</div><div class="quote_post">Why haven't they fired Thomas yet? Stevie Francis, StarBury, and Rose all on the same team? They do the same damn thing. None of them can play defense for ****, and their offense is streaky... They also need to dominate the ball to be effective..

Marbury is poison to any team. He didnt help New Jersey, the Wolves, or New York. Best point guard in the NBA my ass.. I cant believe he had the guts to say he was the best at his position on Quite Frankly!.. We all know Nash and Kidd are much better...</div>

Terrible post, considering Marbury took 3 teams to the playoffs, under 11 head coaches.

Marbury isn't a cancer, if you probably never watched this guy play a whole season, 20 and 8 is very productive to any team in the NBA. 16 and 6 right now isn't bad, its not worth his contract and he's not having a prime year because of the turnover prone roster he's in.

Atleast have some analysis of this team if you decide to make a post, don't be silly.

and How are you going to call him Starbury when you think he's a cancer?

5. dtpxcore

dtpxcore JBB The Regulator

They have a whole crap load of talent in Q-Rich, Franchise, and Marbury. I say you have to blow the whole thing up and start over. Trade either MArbury or Francis.

6. hustler

hustler Revving up the Engine

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting BobbyEscobar:</div><div class="quote_post">No lie. I was on the train talking to this guy about basketball. He asked who my favorite team was and I said the knicks. Almost everyone on the cart started laughing.</div>
    [​IMG]

Now, all the knicks need is iverson.

7. bbwSwish

bbwSwish Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Buckets:</div><div class="quote_post">I used to like the Knicks so much....</div>

What team haven't you liked? [​IMG]

8. phunDamentalz

phunDamentalz JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting j0se:</div><div class="quote_post">Terrible post, considering Marbury took 3 teams to the playoffs, under 11 head coaches.

Marbury isn't a cancer, if you probably never watched this guy play a whole season, 20 and 8 is very productive to any team in the NBA. 16 and 6 right now isn't bad, its not worth his contract and he's not having a prime year because of the turnover prone roster he's in.

Atleast have some analysis of this team if you decide to make a post, don't be silly.

and How are you going to call him Starbury when you think he's a cancer?</div>
    it wasn't a terrible post, j0se face reality your boy is perceived as a cancer by a lot of people, maybe that should tell you something. he looked great back in Amare's first playoffs but that was a couple of years ago now - what did Amare do, he went and begged for Nash to come - he said we need a quarterback.
    As far as the numbers: numbers dont mean jack look at Shareef Abdur Rahim dude is garbage,
    And calling himself Starbury only makes him look like a tool - the best players don't need to advertise themselves. Do you hear dwayne wade or lebron talking about how great they are?

9. Bobcats

Bobcats JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Swish15:</div><div class="quote_post">What team haven't you liked? [​IMG]</div>

I don't think he's liked Portland yet.

10. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting phunDamentalz:</div><div class="quote_post">it wasn't a terrible post, j0se face reality your boy is perceived as a cancer by a lot of people, maybe that should tell you something. he looked great back in Amare's first playoffs but that was a couple of years ago now - what did Amare do, he went and begged for Nash to come - he said we need a quarterback.
    As far as the numbers: numbers dont mean jack look at Shareef Abdur Rahim dude is garbage,
    And calling himself Starbury only makes him look like a tool - the best players don't need to advertise themselves. Do you hear dwayne wade or lebron talking about how great they are?</div>
    The media paints the cancer perception on Marbury. They do the same thing about Kobe and how he "broke up the Lakers." The point is Marbury has been put into many situations which never get noticed. How can you say Shareef Abdur-Rahim is garbage? Is he to blame for never making it to the playoffs being on the Vancouver Grizzlies, the Atlanta Hawks, and the Portland Trail Blazers? Elton Brand puts up 20 points, 10 rebounds, and two blocks virtually every season and still hasn't made it to the playoffs? Is he to blame for that? According to your criteria, he, too, is garbage.

Marbury is not trying to brag by calling himself Starbury. He said he is not playing the way which got him the nickname Starbury. Marbury went from his best season to his worst season and when asked about it he said I need to go back to my old style of play. That's not bragging. When he was asked by the media if he was the league's best point guard he said yes. What were you expecting him to say, no?

Jose was simply responding to the uninformed poster who said Marbury is a "cancer" to every team, neglecting some of Marbury's misfortunes in his previous NBA teams.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Bobcats:</div><div class="quote_post">I don't think he's liked Portland yet.</div>
    I think he picks out his favorite teams out of a hat.

11. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Swish15:</div><div class="quote_post">What team haven't you liked?[​IMG] </div>
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. 02civic

02civic JBB JustBBall Rookie Team

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting MrJ:</div><div class="quote_post">The media paints the cancer perception on Marbury. They do the same thing about Kobe and how he "broke up the Lakers." The point is Marbury has been put into many situations which never get noticed. How can you say Shareef Abdur-Rahim is garbage? Is he to blame for never making it to the playoffs being on the Vancouver Grizzlies, the Atlanta Hawks, and the Portland Trail Blazers? Elton Brand puts up 20 points, 10 rebounds, and two blocks virtually every season and still hasn't made it to the playoffs? Is he to blame for that? According to your criteria, he, too, is garbage.

Marbury is not trying to brag by calling himself Starbury. He said he is not playing the way which got him the nickname Starbury. Marbury went from his best season to his worst season and when asked about it he said I need to go back to my old style of play. That's not bragging. When he was asked by the media if he was the league's best point guard he said yes. What were you expecting him to say, no?

Jose was simply responding to the uninformed poster who said Marbury is a "cancer" to every team, neglecting some of Marbury's misfortunes in his previous NBA teams.

I think he picks out his favorite teams out of a hat.</div>

You guys gotta wake up and smell the ashes, Marbury IS a cancer.

I dont care how his stats are, i dont care what his teams have done. All i know is that everywhere he goes the teams chemistry takes a hit. Problems with other players and coaches have followed him his entire career.

Boy is a cancer, sorry to break it to you guys.[​IMG]

13. j0se

j0se JBB Banned Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting 02civic:</div><div class="quote_post">You guys gotta wake up and smell the ashes, Marbury IS a cancer.

I dont care how his stats are, i dont care what his teams have done. All i know is that everywhere he goes the teams chemistry takes a hit. Problems with other players and coaches have followed him his entire career.

Boy is a cancer, sorry to break it to you guys.[​IMG]</div>

You don't watch Marbury play though, so your opinion isn't really logical.

We're Knick fans, we're very realstic. Marbury gives more positive than negative to this team. He isn't a cancer, but he isn't the answer...don't post silly things.

14. Fletcher

Fletcher JBB JustBBall Member

I laughed out loud at the title. Ha!

15. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting Bobcats:</div><div class="quote_post">I don't think he's liked Portland yet.</div>
    It's just a matter of time before he gets tired of the Hawks' losing.

16. el_guasibiri

el_guasibiri JBB JustBBall Member

This is the team that I miss everytime I watch a knick game today!!!!!

Coach-Pat Riley
    PG-Derek Harper
    SG-John Starks
    SF-Anthony Mason
    PF-Charles Oakley
    C-Patrick Ewing

17. 02civic

02civic JBB JustBBall Rookie Team

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting j0se:</div><div class="quote_post">You don't watch Marbury play though, so your opinion isn't really logical.

We're Knick fans, we're very realstic. Marbury gives more positive than negative to this team. He isn't a cancer, but he isn't the answer...don't post silly things.</div>

I find it hard to fathom that anyone could be so blind. Ok you like him, he's your favourite player....but COME ON!

Marbury gives more positive than negetive? Ok so i'll list his negetives. 1) He's had problems with other players throught his career, including last year and Qrich issue this year. He's had problems with his coaches throughtout his career...especially this year.
    2) He plays zero defence...he's horrible...Isiah might of had it right when he called Marbury the worst defensive point gaurd in the league.
    3) He has to dominate the ball to be effective
    4) He's taking 15 million of the Knicks money per year

What are the positives?

If Marbury isnt considered a team cancer...i truly dont know who is.

PS- i'm sick and tired of getting the same weakASS "you dont watch" line everytime i say something about the Knicks in here. FACT: i talked alot in here last year and i backed it up...i watched alot of games. FACT: i talk now about Marbury...i've probably seen 200 of his games over his NBA career....minimum. Thats enough in my opinion to be able to speak my mind. Not sure what exactly isnt "logical" about that

Knicks have some good pieces, lots of money obviously and lots of fans, they can turn it around. But i'm 1000% sure that they'll have to do that without Marbury, he's 25% of the problem. The other percentages being brown 25% isiah 25% and 25% being the rest of the overpaid scrubs on the roster.

18. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

Marbury is definitely a team cancer. Everyone who's coached has criticized him; Larry Brown has just taken it to another level.

One time is a fluke.
    Two times is a trend.
    Three or more is a pattern.

Marbury not getting along with teammates or coaches his entire career is a pattern.

19. McGrady^1

McGrady^1 JBB JustBBall Member

i dont know if anyone mentioned this yet, but look at how the Nets did after Marbury got traded, the Nets made the finals two years in a row and then he gets traded from phenoix and they make the conference finals the year after

coincidence? I think not.

20. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

I feel ya, Jose. What can I say? [​IMG]

The team's design has to make some sense.