Isiah has assembled the worst basketball team in the planet

Discussion in 'New York Knicks' started by j0se, Mar 26, 2006.

1. Tha CTown Knick

Tha CTown Knick JBB JustBBall Member

Guys, we all know we have problems. We have chemistry problems, ego problems coaching problems, money problems, talent problems, all that. But when it boils down to it, when it comes down to the 5 on 5 game on the court for 48 minutes, its about heart. There use to be something called heart on the Garden floor. Guys like Oakley diving and battling for rebounds. Guys like Ewing rising like eagles for bounds' blocks and hook-shots. Guys like Starks raising their arms in the air and kissing the Garden floor. We use to have heart, NY use to have heart. But now the game that is in NY is totally soiled. None of those players besides the rookies care. They have their money, so what does it matter now? Players like Francis are now what our front office are after. Isiah Thomas is trying to build a dynasty outta a sandbox. Its like Isiah Thomas is the little kid running around the house prank calling random people on the phone while James Dolan is the teenage girl babysitter who rather than watching the little kid is on the phone with a girlfriend....ok that was bad but hey I tried lol

Point is that what NY use to be proud of in their basketball game is GONE and DEAD. It'd be great if it was back, but its at a point right now that even if I try to imagine it being back, I cant. Money is power my friends, money is power.

2. hustler

hustler Revving up the Engine

Francis is the cancer not marbury.

3. Midnight Green

Midnight Green NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting hustler:</div><div class="quote_post">Francis is the cancer not marbury.</div>
    Because the Knicks where really heading to the finals before Francis right?

4. Tha CTown Knick

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Best Kept Secret:</div><div class="quote_post">Because the Knicks where really heading to the finals before Francis right?</div>

No because the Knicks are worse with Francis and Francis is clearly a worser teammate than Marbury.

5. Midnight Green

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Tha CTown Knick:</div><div class="quote_post">No because the Knicks are worse with Francis and Francis is clearly a worser teammate than Marbury.</div>
    The Knicks where bad before Francis, and their still bad. If anything you can call both Francis and Marbury cancers, but you can?t say Francis is a cancer while Marbury is not. How is Francis a ?worser? teammate? Because he is 28 a former three time all star, and said if he does no start next year on one of the worst teams in the league he would like to be traded? Marbury has a lot more quotable sound bits that hurt his team than Francis. I am not trying to defend Francis, but like I said before if anything their both cancers.

6. Tha CTown Knick

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Best Kept Secret:</div><div class="quote_post">The Knicks where bad before Francis, and their still bad. If anything you can call both Francis and Marbury cancers, but you can?t say Francis is a cancer while Marbury is not. How is Francis a ?worser? teammate? Because he is 28 a former three time all star, and said if he does no start next year on one of the worst teams in the league he would like to be traded? Marbury has a lot more quotable sound bits that hurt his team than Francis. I am not trying to defend Francis, but like I said before if anything their both cancers.</div>

Not just that, but the fact that he just came to this team and he's already complaining. He hasn't proved himself on THIS TEAM at all to complain about a starting spot. And if you watch them both play at seperate times or together on the court in a game, you know Francis is more selfish. He takes the ball, makes a move and drives. Marbury tries to set things up atleast. Ask Kurt Thomas of the Suns how many points he got from Marbury's pick-n-roll set-ups, or ask Frye that, who especially should be thanfull because he can only take that jumper at this point in his career.

7. Midnight Green

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Tha CTown Knick:</div><div class="quote_post">Ask Kurt Thomas of the Suns how many points he got from Marbury's pick-n-roll set-ups, or ask Frye that, who especially should be thanfull because he can only take that jumper at this point in his career.</div>
    Kurt Thomas actually talked bad about Marbury in an article earlier this season. Not denying the fact that Francis is a ball hog, but there is a difference between being a ball hog, and being a cancer. Francis may not have proved anything to the Knicks, but with the credentials he has (three time all star) and his age he has a right to be complaining about coming off the bench. Especially when Larry Brown said he would be a full time starter. Plus he did not even speak ill of the Knicks he simple stated if he does not start next year he would like to be else where. If he was on a championship contending team, and was complaining then I can understand, but why would he want to come off the bench on a team that has the worst record in the league.

8. Tha CTown Knick

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Best Kept Secret:</div><div class="quote_post">Kurt Thomas actually talked bad about Marbury in an article earlier this season. Not denying the fact that Francis is a ball hog, but there is a difference between being a ball hog, and being a cancer. Francis may not have proved anything to the Knicks, but with the credentials he has (three time all star) and his age he has a right to be complaining about coming off the bench. Especially when Larry Brown said he would be a full time starter. Plus he did not even speak ill of the Knicks he simple stated if he does not start next year he would like to be else where. If he was on a championship contending team, and was complaining then I can understand, but why would he want to come off the bench on a team that has the worst record in the league.</div>

Larry Brown says many things and not all of them happen. Also, yes hes a 3-time all-star but I think if Marbury SHOULD've been an all-star more than once. The dude averaged 20-8 almost every year and a lot of all-star game is about is high stats or something of that sort...either that or showcasing skills that the crowd will appreciate. Francis had the ability to soar and his stats were pretty good so he got voted on. Marbury had better overall numbers in my opinion and he also has skills to showcase though dunking is not of them. And if he is talking about next year, then why not wait till' next year to talk about this? Or even the off-season. If he knows how bad this team is and how bad of a transition this is for the Knicks, why mention it now? It only causes more tension and bad sense in the clubhouse. If he wants to be on this team and wants to help out and be a leader, he shouldn't bring this up especially after just becoming a member of the squad. Doesn't look good.

Oh and about KT, I know the stuff he said, but he can shut his mouth up because he knows that if it wasn't for Marbury he wouldn't have had half of those field goals go in, even more.

9. Midnight Green

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Tha CTown Knick:</div><div class="quote_post">Larry Brown says many things and not all of them happen. Also, yes hes a 3-time all-star but I think if Marbury SHOULD've been an all-star more than once. The dude averaged 20-8 almost every year and a lot of all-star game is about is high stats or something of that sort...either that or showcasing skills that the crowd will appreciate. Francis had the ability to soar and his stats were pretty good so he got voted on. Marbury had better overall numbers in my opinion and he also has skills to showcase though dunking is not of them. And if he is talking about next year, then why not wait till' next year to talk about this? Or even the off-season. If he knows how bad this team is and how bad of a transition this is for the Knicks, why mention it now? It only causes more tension and bad sense in the clubhouse. If he wants to be on this team and wants to help out and be a leader, he shouldn't bring this up especially after just becoming a member of the squad. Doesn't look good.

Oh and about KT, I know the stuff he said, but he can shut his mouth up because he knows that if it wasn't for Marbury he wouldn't have had half of those field goals go in, even more.</div>

Again not questioning Marbury's talent simply that you cannot call Francis a cancer, and let Marbury off the hook. marbury's on going fued with Larry Brown has been much worse for the club house, and the fact that he has so much tension with his teammates (the near fight with Richardson) makes him just as much if not a bigger cancer than Francis who all he did was state that he wants to start next year. A three time all star should not be asked to come off the bench on a last place team he is completely justified in saying what he said. I'm not trying to turn this into a who is better Marbury or Francis thing. I am just stating that Marbury is just as much of a/if not more of a cancer to the Knicks locker room then Francis.

10. Tha CTown Knick

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Best Kept Secret:</div><div class="quote_post">Again not questioning Marbury's talent simply that you cannot call Francis a cancer, and let Marbury off the hook. marbury's on going fued with Larry Brown has been much worse for the club house, and the fact that he has so much tension with his teammates (the near fight with Richardson) makes him just as much if not a bigger cancer than Francis who all he did was state that he wants to start next year. A three time all star should not be asked to come off the bench on a last place team he is completely justified in saying what he said. I'm not trying to turn this into a who is better Marbury or Francis thing. I am just stating that Marbury is just as much of a/if not more of a cancer to the Knicks locker room then Francis.</div>

Agreed somewhat, but if the Coach wants to bench him then he has to deal with it he is getting his money right and he obviously doesn't care when he's playing so whats the big deal? If he wants to play so badly then he should show he cares on the court. I dont care if you are a 3-time all-star, a 3-time MVP, or a benchwarmer whatever the coach tells you you listen because Team>Me.

11. j0se

j0se JBB Banned Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Best Kept Secret:</div><div class="quote_post">The Knicks where bad before Francis, and their still bad. If anything you can call both Francis and Marbury cancers, but you can?t say Francis is a cancer while Marbury is not. How is Francis a ?worser? teammate? Because he is 28 a former three time all star, and said if he does no start next year on one of the worst teams in the league he would like to be traded? Marbury has a lot more quotable sound bits that hurt his team than Francis. I am not trying to defend Francis, but like I said before if anything their both cancers.</div>

Marbury makes his big men better, Francis does not. Watch the Knicks play before you want post, atleast have an analysis.

12. Tha CTown Knick

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting j0se:</div><div class="quote_post">Marbury makes his big men better, Francis does not. Watch the Knicks play before you want post, atleast have an analysis.</div>

That's what Im trying to say, Marbury atleast does something as a teammate while Francis does nearly nothing.

13. hustler

Yeah, Francis is actually whining to be in the starting lineup.

14. j0se

j0se JBB Banned Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Tha CTown Knick:</div><div class="quote_post">That's what Im trying to say, Marbury atleast does something as a teammate while Francis does nearly nothing.</div>

Exactly.

Whenever Marbury uses the pick and roll he always passes it to Taylor, Fyre, Kurt Thomas, Keith Van Horn, Malik Rose....any jumpshooting big man...Marbury excutes the play. He tries to create ball movement.

Francis doesn't do that.

He dribbles, dribbles, dribbles, and some more, uses the pick and roll for his own jumpshot, not his teammate.

This is why Francis holds back his big men from reaching full potential, he dominates the ball, turns it over, and misses alot of mid range shots.

Marbury isn't the answer either, but to say he's a cancer is ridiculous.

I feel like trading everyone really, I'm sick of this team, and I don't want to see anyone brought by Isiah's transactions on this roster again.

15. Tha CTown Knick

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting j0se:</div><div class="quote_post">Exactly.

Whenever Marbury uses the pick and roll he always passes it to Taylor, Fyre, Kurt Thomas, Keith Van Horn, Malik Rose....any jumpshooting big man...Marbury excutes the play. He tries to create ball movement.

Francis doesn't do that.

He dribbles, dribbles, dribbles, and some more, uses the pick and roll for his own jumpshot, not his teammate.

This is why Francis holds back his big men from reaching full potential, he dominates the ball, turns it over, and misses alot of mid range shots.

Marbury isn't the answer either, but to say he's a cancer is ridiculous.

I feel like trading everyone really, I'm sick of this team, and I don't want to see anyone brought by Isiah's transactions on this roster again.</div>

I remember one time Francis had the ball and he told Curry to set a pick for him. Curry was mad about this because he thought he had made good space to post-up and was told to move over and set a pick for Francis, then Francis didn't really use the pick and missed the field goal after calling Curry out for no reason.

16. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

Well, Francis is being poorly executed, in my opinion. We know Francis is capable of putting up 20 points a game, but not midseason playing 25 minutes per game. He seems confused, which is understandable playing under Larry Brown in midseason. One thing Francis is good at is running the break. He and Marbury show great chemistry in transition, but the problem is Brown, for some reason, discourages running on the fastbreak. To tell you the truth, we should really be winning with our offense instead of our defense. We're not a great defensive team and never will be with this set of players. So, I think Brown has to adjust to the players rather than the other way around.

17. Tha CTown Knick

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting MrJ:</div><div class="quote_post">Well, Francis is being poorly executed, in my opinion. We know Francis is capable of putting up 20 points a game, but not midseason playing 25 minutes per game. He seems confused, which is understandable playing under Larry Brown in midseason. One thing Francis is good at is running the break. He and Marbury show great chemistry in transition, but the problem is Brown, for some reason, discourages running on the fastbreak. To tell you the truth, we should really be winning with our offense instead of our defense. We're not a great defensive team and never will be with this set of players. So, I think Brown has to adjust to the players rather than the other way around.</div>

Yeah thats a good point. But all Im saying is that I think we have the wrong people in command.

18. hustler

I miss Allan Houston.

19. Tha CTown Knick

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting hustler:</div><div class="quote_post">I miss Allan Houston.</div>

Me too...[​IMG]

20. ROCK4LIFE

ROCK4LIFE Active Member

I liked the Knick at the beginnng of the season, they looked good on paper. But a couple things messed it up. First off, why in THE HELL, would you trade your lone veteran, and solid PF Antonio Davis. Especially on a young team. Then, I noticed that your rookies brought in alot of positive energy off the bench. I remember seeing a Knick game where they were down by alot, then Brown brought in the three rookies, and they brought the team back. But when the game got close, he took them out again[​IMG] (and they lost). Third, why would you even think about gettin Steve Francis when you don't even have a true Shooting guard. You could have atleast explored other possibilities. But Isiah went after Stevie like he was the answer to all the problems. A bunch of bad moves plagued this team.