It will be Phoenix v miami final

Discussion in 'Phoenix Suns' started by AmareBlackJesuS, May 14, 2005.

1. j_a_d_e

j_a_d_e JBB JustBBall Member

lol...@ thread title...phoenix will get swept...by the spurs that is...

2. bronbron23

bronbron23 JBB JustBBall Member

If the suns are going to win a championship it won't be this year. It will at least take a few years before they win because the spurs are too dominant at the moment and joe's absence has really hurt any chances they have of coming back against spurs now they are 3-0 down. I'm now hoping that it will be spurs miami in finals I would hate to see detroit and san antonio in the finals as I am not a big fan of either team. My fellow suns fans looks like we are going to have to wait for next year.

3. kingrex

kingrex JBB JustBBall Member

The Suns have accomplished alot this season. They have won 60+ games in the regular season. They have shown that their brand of basketball can get them far into the playoffs. They have shown that even a team with a deeper bench can be beat as long your offensive efficiency doesn't go down.

However, against a complete team like the Spurs that demands you to play at both ends of the floor, they have shown their weakness. There is no doubt that the Suns are an excellent team (maybe the best starting 5 in the league), but they still have some work do to get to the NBA finals.

It will be a miracle if they win this series against the Spurs.

4. unbeliever

unbeliever JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting kingrex:</div><div class="quote_post">The Suns have accomplished alot this season. They have won 60+ games in the regular season. They have shown that their brand of basketball can get them far into the playoffs. They have shown that even a team with a deeper bench can be beat as long your offensive efficiency doesn't go down.

However, against a complete team like the Spurs that demands you to play at both ends of the floor, they have shown their weakness. There is no doubt that the Suns are an excellent team (maybe the best starting 5 in the league), but they still have some work do to get to the NBA finals.

It will be a miracle if they win this series against the Spurs.</div>

Maybe I'm just splitting hairs, but I'm not sure I see it as a sign of weakness per se; it is more a case of simply being out-played. The Suns have more or less, considering they were missing a starting player for the first two games, played decent to good basketball. They had games that would have won most any regular season game and many playoff games. It's just that the Spurs are playing at 110% efficiency. They are playing some of the best basketball to be played in years. Congratulations to them, I just wish they hadn't saved it up for the Suns. Although, maybe the Suns should be flattered that they did.

5. SFnymHOUphxNJ

SFnymHOUphxNJ JBB JustBBall Member

I agree, I think the Spurs are playing over their heads (Tim Duncan is making every FT, wtf) ... and thats pretty hard to do when you're as good of a team as them. I also think the Suns aren't playing to their potential. Marion and Q are missing shots they would normally make with ease, and in the 3rd quarter of Game 3 they were forcing up horrible shots.

I have not given up yet though. If the Suns start playing as well as they could and the Spurs cool down a bit they have a chance. After the Red Sox came back from down 0-3, beat the Yankees, and later went on to win the World Series, anything is possible.

6. MagicBalla12

MagicBalla12 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting JTex:</div><div class="quote_post">Yeah, Yeah keep on blowin smoke, right up your a**! Oh I read your profile your not old enough to form an opinion. If your like my H.S. students, well at least you can spell, other than that just another Punk, that mom and dad has to take care of and keep out of trouble or jail!!
    JT</div>
    Aren't you being a little bit biased? I mean, just because he's not out of High School, doesn't mean that he doesn't know much about basketball, or that he's always in trouble. I know a lot of people his age, (I'm 14 myself) that can form their own opinion fine...and if you are a teaacher, I'm just glad you don't teach at my school...

7. JTex

JTex JBB JustBBall Member

anything is possible

Go back in time to 1979 semi-finals and look what happened to the Spurs -vs- Washington Bullets. Garauntee that won't happen but wierder thing have happened in the playoffs.
    JT