Politics It's gonna get awful quiet in here by the far Right in two weeks

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by Lanny, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

This I disagree with. The electoral votes are simply from those we chose to be our regional leaders. If we don't like how the electoral votes go, then chose different leaders. I don't trust the masses to pick their nose correctly, let alone be informed enough without personally biased influence, to make a quality decision alone for our president.

This is what a republic is all about. We vote in representatives who make decisions for us.

If one wants to get rid of the electorate, then we would need to change from a republic to a democracy. I, for on, like the stopping points to help filter out idiots.

2. barfo

barfo triggered obsessive commie pinko Staff Member Global Moderator

The electoral college is NOT your elected representatives.

barfo

3. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

Yes but only at your house.

So stock up on beer and brisket!

Lanny and Orion Bailey like this.
  4. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Yeah, I'm speaking on two things and it can seem mixed up. I know our senate is not the electoral college, but they are still chosen, but not by the masses, and that's my point. I don't want any popular vote being the end all to the President.

5. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

I moved to avoid such terror.

SlyPokerDog likes this.
  6. theprunetang

theprunetang Shaedon "Deadly Nightshade" Sharpe is HIM

Not trying be snide to our friend Orien, but methinks he might not know how the electoral college works. And yes, it is highly outdated and hurts American voting interests in terms of fairness.

7. SlyPokerDog

But... but... I thought we were going to take over the ferry and start the Canby Navy?!?

Orion Bailey likes this.
  8. theprunetang

So you are not in favor of allowing the voices of American citizens to decide who leads them. Good to know. And who is for freedom of choice and against the "nanny state" again?

9. SlyPokerDog

Wouldn't it take 2/3rds of the states to agree to eliminate the EC? I don't think that will be happening anytime soon.

10. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Not on the national level. The average citizen, in my opinion, is not informed enough to know all the details and nuances to determine our Presidency. Just look at the last year of conflicts to know that most people care more about superficiality than substance.

Meaning, more people seem to care more about Trump grabbing a pussy than his economic stances. We are a snowflake society just looking for the next thing to bitch about and I don't want these bitchers picking our national leaders who deal in foreign relations, of which most citizens are also not very informed about.

I'm okay with the public electing local officials who can be directly held responsible by communities, who then determine our national leaders.

More so than ever I don't want a popular vote determining an outcome because we are also sheep led by biased and fake news.

But you can insinuate i'm against freedom of choice if you like. Ill just know your assumption is inaccurate and not based on a full and completely informed opinion.

Basically the typical. Read one thing and just paint a picture. There are sooo many details about elections and our leaders. I say i'm not for one thing doesn't mean i'm saying i'm for something else.

Another typical behavior by the average person that is foundationally incorrect. But happens all the time.

11. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

I've decided to fend for myself. Most people have proven unworthy of my help and protection.

12. RR7

RR7 Well-Known Member

My main issue with the EC...

Wyoming has 3 electoral votes. Wyoming has a population of ~580,000 people. So each electorate represents about 195,ooo people.

California has 55 electoral votes. California has a population of 39.5 million. Each electorate in California represents 718,000 people.

Why do the citizens of California get less representation that citizens in Wyoming? California by the same measure should have 200 electoral votes. It's horribly antiquated

13. SlyPokerDog

[​IMG]

Propagandist, Lanny and Orion Bailey like this.
  14. theprunetang

You say you are for freedom of choice but don't want the people to be able to choose their leader. This is coming out very hypocritically. The bullshit meter is going up to 11 here.

15. Lanny

Lanny Original Season Ticket Holder "Mr. Big Shot"

Elec. & Computer Engineer OSU Computer Science PSU
    If little green men from Mars attack in large numbers will you run for the hills?

ehizzy3 and RickyJoe like this.
  16. Lanny

Lanny Original Season Ticket Holder "Mr. Big Shot"

Elec. & Computer Engineer OSU Computer Science PSU
    I'm confused. Are you a Communist?

Propagandist and theprunetang like this.
  17. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Right. Dude. This is why I basically don't even come here anymore. you take one statement and you just assume all and have made your decision about what I think.

I want people to choose their local leaders. Not national. I believe in an update of the electoral college. Not leaving it as is for a few reasons, one being what @RR7 said.

Maybe instead of being so quick to judge me, ask more questions to be more fully informed before you call bullshit?

I don't come here to be judged or judge others. I come here to discuss things... or I try to anyhow....

18. RR7

RR7 Well-Known Member

How do you update the EC?

19. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Yep. It definitely needs to be updated. It needs to be an equal representation of the population of each state, which we also must provide a slight bit of flexibility as populations are not an ongoing live numbver. A censuss is taken and 6 months later could be off a hundred thousand a year later. (poor analogy).

But I agree this is the main problem with it and it needs to be fixed. I dont think it should go away.

20. theprunetang

Tell me how I'm wrong. Tell me how you saying you don't want people to choose their national leaders equates to being pro-freedom of choice. Please. Tell me how that lines up. I'm not making things up for you. I'm just using basic logic. Tell me how I'm wrong.

THE HCP and GoBlazersGo like this.