It's offical; Sabres / Pens will play outdoors

Discussion in 'NHL General' started by shookem, Sep 18, 2007.

1. shookem

shookem Still not a bust

Sabres-Penguins game sold out Staff report

(September 18, 2007) &mdash; The 2008 Winter Classic is sold out, the Buffalo Sabres announced on their Web site. About 41,000 tickets were sold in less than 30 minutes for the Jan. 1 NHL game between the Sabres and Pittsburgh Penguins to be played at Ralph Wilson Stadium in Orchard Park.</p>

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/p...S/70918027/1007</p>

What do you guys think of this event?</p>

I love it and think it's great for the league. It's a great choice of teams in some of the best hockey markets in the States. I heard that it was going to be an exhibition game though. Can anyone confirm/deny?</p>

2. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    I like the idea. I like the way the NHL is heading too, though I would never in my life buy one of those new jerseys they're putting out as they're absolutely horrendous. However, I'm not unhappy about Reebok's changes as they bring money and new ideas that help in other departments of the league. They need to head down this direction and events like this one in Orchard Park will help tremendously. Also I alwaysthought ice hockey would be a better pro event if held outdoors all the time instead of a dark and dreadful arena. When I was growing up all my peewee hockey games were outdoors anyway, even in the middle of winter with the snow and all. I found that to be more fun and a better atmosphere. This game between the Sabres and Pens will prove a point.

3. shookem

shookem Still not a bust

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (M Two One)</div><div class='quotemain'>This game between the Sabres and Pens will prove a point.</div></p>

Edmonton and Montreal played outdoors in front of 57, 000 people in Edmonton during the '03, and judging by the ticket sales this edition should be every bit as good.</p>

It would be nice if it was officially an annual of bi-annual thing though.</p>

</p>

4. MosDefinitely

MosDefinitely Member

They should make a area with a retractable roof for NHL games...that would be interesting [​IMG]

5. bbwSwish

bbwSwish Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.

That's so badass. I'd watch for sure.

6. Giantsfan1

Giantsfan1 Thread Killer

definetely sold out already, they mentioned this on Monday night football. AT this point any publicity for teh NHL is good publicity and this is good.</p>

7. Universe

Universe Hall of Fame

Yeah I tried for these tickets but it was sold out within 15 minutes.</p>