Notice It's Your Move Olshey! Your Job "Should" Be on The LINE!

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by kjironman1, Jan 19, 2021.

1. kjironman1

kjironman1 Well-Known Member

The reality is this team has had this very same thing happen time and time again under his leadership. The Roster as constructed and the Coach with his philosophy has had a number of chances.
    Injuries do indeed happen. This year like any other they will have an effect on the way the season unfolds. Difference this year the team did make some moves but there were "Glaring" issues he gambled on and he came up very short. A back up PG is one and Melo playing 25-30 mins again is another.

You Neil Olshey are the only one that can make the changes or the decisions that will form the next 2-3 years of this team.
    Either go full on Tank and play the young guys or make the changes this team needs to stay on course. There are options you have right now but sitting on your hands and seeing what happens isn't one of them that is acceptable.

Just the way I see it this year. Fill some spots or make Stotts play the players that need to get some run.
    By the way it's up to you to change the coaching situation. If you cannot get this coach to do what is best for the team then pull the trigger.

Go Blazers!

Kjironman is a fan!!!

PS. I will always root and support the Blazers no matter who working and trying to win. Just feel the time is here to make some drastic decisions and change the overall direction.

2. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

We don't have to play young guys in order to tank

3. julius

julius Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

singer songwriter
    at this point, they're gonna have to start playing Giles, Little and Simons more (and hopefully put them in roles where they can succeed instead of how Stotts normally puts them in spots where they're more likely to fail).

stampedehero likes this.
  4. Scalma

Scalma Well-Known Member

Olshey ain’t gonna do shit. He’s gonna pray the team stays afloat until CJ and Nurk return, and he’s gonna pray Simons can play point guard. I’ll be pleasantly surprised if he actually signs a vet.

5. UKRAINEFAN

UKRAINEFAN Well-Known Member

un-retired
    I don't think he can make any big changes to improve the team at this time. We just don't have a lot of valuable assets to trade. I would think Anf and Collins have very little trade value. Little has proven nothing. Giles has little value, only worth a minimum contract. I think Hood has more value to us than to another team. Covington with fourth team and not performing well. Melo and Kantor very low value. Our chances to make a big trade have passed us by.
    So all he can do is try to add some small pieces and there is not a lot available at this time of the season. I would look to add 3 or 4 young guys who might have a chance to improve and be of value some day. And add another coach or two to work with them.

RoseCityRebel likes this.
  6. Scalma

Scalma Well-Known Member

Olshey won’t do it because CuLtUrE, but Kevin Porter Jr could be had for pretty much nothing, and he’d fit into a TPE, so he wouldn’t even have to give up any player. He’s a 20 year old with one year under his belt that’s already proven more in the nba than Simons. Lol.

rotary111, royo and TBpup like this.
  7. AldoTrapani

AldoTrapani Well-Known Member

Just blow it up. Even healthy this team wasn’t looking that great. It’s a very injury prone roster and even when healthy it’s a pretty broken makeup of a team.

On paper yes it looked decent but we still don’t have floor spacers for our best player and we know it’s not a championship roster.

Thank Dame for his services, he’ll always be a blazer legend but fuck it and just start over. Go completely younger and try to do this right. Accumulate a bunch of picks, get a youngish star with decent potential and let’s try this again.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
  8. wizenheimer

wizenheimer Well-Known Member

well, at minimum, Olshey could add a pair of two-way contracts. Start taking looks at undrafted and GLeague players

UKRAINEFAN, tester551 and TBpup like this.
  9. kjironman1

To me "Blowing it up" is an option. It would be doing something. It might get him fired but doing nothing at all "SHOULD" get him fired.
    He has chosen to "ride or die" with Stotts.
    The only way you get rid of Stotts is to get rid of Olshey.

Like I said in the OP. Olshey should be on the hot seat right now.

Tince, TBpup, tester551 and 2 others like this.
  10. wizenheimer

his seat should have been really hot 5 years ago; and it should have been vacated 4 years ago

11. AldoTrapani

AldoTrapani Well-Known Member

When I say blow it up I also mean new direction with new Gm and of course coach. This team isn’t going to do anything moving forward it’s pretty clear. Let’s get Dame out of his misery because he’s to loyal for his own good.

me personally I’m looking forward to a new era

12. boredinsalem

boredinsalem Well-Known Member

Collins, Elleby, and a 2nd round pick for PJ Tucker. Houston has an incentive for us not to tank because they want our top 14 protected pick this year.

Collins for Ed Davis. At least make Dame's year in hell a little more bearable.

With either to these moves you can use Covington primarily as a 3 rather than a 4, which would be better for him.

13. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

If you build your house on sand you can expect a shaky foundation.

We keep pretending like Nurk isn't injury prone. Even if he wasn't injured, the Dame/CJ/Stotts trio hasn't been effective. It doesn't matter what role players you put around them. The foundation is shaky.

TBpup likes this.
  14. James lamphear

James lamphear Well-Known Member

Who above Olshey understand enough about basketball to fire Olshey because if Paul was here with us I think Olshey and Stotts would been gone already.

lamlor and Natebishop3 like this.
  15. Natebishop3

This is it right here. We don't have someone passionate about basketball running the team anymore. Paul would have lost patience with this squad years ago. But Jody is basically a free ride for Neil and Terry.

James lamphear, lamlor and UKRAINEFAN like this.
  16. wizenheimer

the downside to Dame's talent is that it's given Olshey, and Stotts, lots of cover for higher-level mediocrity

TBpup and Natebishop3 like this.
  17. Natebishop3

Dame and CJ have carried these losers for going on six years now.

TBpup likes this.
  18. kjironman1

This is what I'm alluding to. He needs to start trying to make some moves. Or make a decision to play young essentially tanking.
    I really don't care either way but come up with a plan and execute it. Put on a couple promising projects. Give your draft pick this year some real run. Pick up a PG? Maybe even Thomas? Take a flyer on Porter Jr?
    Just do something!

19. Scalma

Scalma Well-Known Member

B28D6DD8-F6EC-4815-9A02-F6C1C5E7A33B.jpeg

wizenheimer likes this.
  20. kjironman1

So you would be on board with her selling the team? That opens another bunch of issues. Not necessarily bad issues but a bunch of issue none the less.

Tince likes this.