Iverson demanding trade?

Discussion in 'Philadelphia 76ers' started by Smitty, Dec 8, 2006.

1. illistic

illistic JBB JustBBall Member

Just a preview of things that may come =D

[​IMG]

2. Apollo

Apollo JBB Into The Fire

<div class="quote_poster">Trench Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Its going to be nuts seeing Iverson in another Uniform.</div>

Ditto.

3. Really Lost One

Really Lost One Suspended

<div class="quote_poster">illistic Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Just a preview of things that may come =D

[​IMG]</div>

Too bad they already said Denver wasn't interested.

4. boogiescott

boogiescott JBB JustBBall Member

Warriors trade baron davis, pietrus, foyle, murphy and carbarkapa plus give back 76ers 1st round they hold the rights too in 07 for Iverson and Webber

What do you think of this deal?

5. B.e.

B.e. The One Who Score Touchdowns and Spikes Mics

<div class="quote_poster">Brian Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Too bad they already said Denver wasn't interested.</div>
    George Karl said one thing, and the owner or GM said something completely different. Either way the front office of Denver said they were interested.

6. Smitty

Smitty brush em off.

Well, Iverson won't be going to Minny, sorry GameFace. [​IMG]

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Pioneer Press -
    Just because Kevin Garnett made a public plea for Minnesota to acquire Allen Iverson, doesn't mean it will happen.

"No trade," owner Glen Taylor said during the Wolves' 110-103 victory over Utah on Friday night at Target Center. "It isn't that I don't like him. Just money-wise, it wouldn't work out."

Jim Gray, reporter for ESPN, announced on the air that Iverson told him in a telephone interview Friday that he was heading to Minnesota. He came back on the air soon after to say that he had been "duped," admitting, "I was talking to an imposter."</div>

Source: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/436...e_to_minnesota/

7. Midnight Green

Midnight Green NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class="quote_poster">Smitty Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Well, Iverson won't be going to Minny, sorry GameFace. [​IMG]

Source: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/436...e_to_minnesota/</div>

The thing about Jim Gray being duped was already known since yesterday. This article really did not tell us anything we did not already know. Never say never for this one article I can post five that still have Minnesota as a leading candidate. Let's be honest too, KG is the person who runs management down in Minnesota he can make anything happen.

8. Smitty

Smitty brush em off.

<div class="quote_poster">GameFace Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">The thing about Jim Gray being duped was already known since yesterday. This article really did not tell us anything we did not already know. Never say never for this one article I can post five that still have Minnesota as a leading candidate. Let's be honest too, KG is the person who runs management down in Minnesota he can make anything happen.</div>

Hehe, never gonna lose hope for getting Foye, are ya bro? [​IMG]

Haha, just messin wit ya man.

9. B.e.

<div class="quote_poster">GameFace Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">The thing about Jim Gray being duped was already known since yesterday. This article really did not tell us anything we did not already know. Never say never for this one article I can post five that still have Minnesota as a leading candidate. Let's be honest too, KG is the person who runs management down in Minnesota he can make anything happen.</div>
    It told you that the owner doesn't think a trade will be done because of salary reasons.

10. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

So how's the media coverage been in Philly? Have they dragged Iverson's name through mud or have they been more critical of the front office?

Honestly, this has VC-trade potential written all over it. An organization that isn't sure if its rebuilding or contending, an disgruntled superstar thats had trade rumours all over him for the past few years and who's trade value is lower than it should be, and an absolutely incompetent GM. I'm just hoping that the Sixers aren't stupid enough to trade within the division, let alone conference.

Also, I would include Iguodala in a deal if it allowed the Sixers to get rid of Webber as well.

11. Smitty

Smitty brush em off.

<div class="quote_poster">Chutney Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">So how's the media coverage been in Philly? Have they dragged Iverson's name through mud or have they been more critical of the front office?

Honestly, this has VC-trade potential written all over it. An organization that isn't sure if its rebuilding or contending, an disgruntled superstar thats had trade rumours all over him for the past few years and who's trade value is lower than it should be, and an absolutely incompetent GM. I'm just hoping that the Sixers aren't stupid enough to trade within the division, let alone conference.

Also, I would include Iguodala in a deal if it allowed the Sixers to get rid of Webber as well.</div>

There would be snipers everywhere in Philadelphia if Billy traded Iggy.

12. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

I know its a huge loss, but think about what's coming up. You have a great free agent class and arguably one of the better draft classes in the past decade. You lose a great up and coming player in Iggy, but you could hope the Carney turns into a somewhat similar player. And there's bound to be a prospect or two you get in the trade. Then you draft a future star (since your team will be pretty bad this season) and complement him with a top free agent who's in his prime right now. If King can't trade Iverson for another star (which I don't think will happen), then you have to make a deal that allows to rebuild as quick as possible. Getting rid of Webber is the most important thing.

13. B.e.

Nah they aren't getting rid of Dre, because they have no reason to. The 76ers are trying to rebuild, not trade away the young talent they actually do have.

14. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

You won't be able to properly rebuild for two more season, which is when Webber's contract comes expires.

15. Courtking

Courtking Courtking

I'm not going to sit here and rule out any teams except the Grizzlies. They are going through a management change and it would be extremely rare if they brought in like a superstar like Iverson during that period. Pacers, Timberwolves, Clippers, Warriors, and Nuggets stand out above the rest for me.

I'm not sure if this has been brought up in this thread yet, but it has been reported that Iverson prefers to go to the Bulls or the Celtics.

16. Midnight Green

<div class="quote_poster">C.K. Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I'm not going to sit here and rule out any teams except the Grizzlies. They are going through a management change and it would be extremely rare if they brought in like a superstar like Iverson during that period. Pacers, Timberwolves, Clippers, Warriors, and Nuggets stand out above the rest for me.

I'm not sure if this has been brought up in this thread yet, but it has been reported that Iverson prefers to go to the Bulls or the Celtics.</div>

The Bulls have stated they have no interest in acquiring Allen Iverson as have the Orlando Magic.

17. LBJ2006MVP

LBJ2006MVP JBB JustBBall Member

knicks can trade marbury,frye,craw for A.I and webber

18. Midnight Green

<div class="quote_poster">LBJ2006MVP Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">knicks can trade marbury,frye,craw for A.I and webber</div>

The 76ers would do this why? There trading a huge contract in Webber that runs out in two years for two big contracts in Marbury and Crawford. Don't see the point.

19. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

Minnesota's owner has also said they can't afford Iverson. So far the only team who has shown real interest is Boston.

20. WildHundreds113

WildHundreds113 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">shapecity Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Minnesota's owner has also said they can't afford Iverson. So far the only team who has shown real interest is Boston.</div>

LOL poor KG LOL. If they want to make it happen they could both take a paycut.