Iverson demanding trade?

Discussion in 'Philadelphia 76ers' started by Smitty, Dec 8, 2006.

1. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

I really believe that A.I. will end up in a Clipper uniform or a Celtic uniform.

Minnesota doesn't want him. KG is going to be next to demand a trade.

Boston had a chance to get him, I don't know if they are that serious about getting him.

There was a rumor years back about A.I. wanting to go to the Clips and the Clips being very interested in him.

Denver's winning, I don't think they want to mess up the chemistry they have there between 'Melo and JR.

ATL? That's a possibility, right? If I was PHI, I would inquire about Josh Smith or Marvin Williams.

2. NTC

NTC Active Member

<strike>Denver</strike>
    <strike>Dallas</strike>
    <strike>Chicago</strike>
    <strike>Minnesota</strike>
    Boston

A.I off to Boston? The other teams mentioned above have been quick to silence the rumours about their respective teams aquiring A.I, Boston seems like the only team (we know of) interested in picking him up.

I'm going to say this, even though I'm sure most of you will disagree with it. I think maybe we (Detroit) could be a dark horse in aquiring A.I, according to sources, there was a possibility of him coming over in the offseason, and another report claims J.D is looking for a trade. While he has no real reason to trade for him, or to trade any of our guys for him, it could be a shock move, the only incentive I see is that Billups contract is expiring at the end of the season, and maybe J.D might not want another Ben Wallace type situation to happen with him, so maybe we could see Billups shipped off for Iverson? I know the 76ers would like this, as they're in dire need of a PG, and Billups fits the bill, a championship winning all star point guard.

I mean thats all speculation on my behalf, and I really dont expect to see it happen at all, but hey, anything is possible really.

3. Apollo

Apollo JBB Into The Fire

I would love to see Billups and maybe another guy for AI.

4. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

I pray to god AI doesn't end up in Boston. As a fan of his to think he finally gets out of Philly he ends up with a team who are just as far away from a chance to contend as Philly. Be a sad day.

5. Smitty

Smitty brush em off.

Now supposedly Glen Taylor is interested in Iverson now.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Taylor Now Interested In Iverson
    10th December, 2006 - 12:09 pm
    Pioneer Press -
    On Friday, Glen Talyor said that there was no chance of Allen Iverson being traded to the Wolves, but on Saturday, he softened his stance.

"I just think Allen Iverson on any team probably makes it better just because at any time, he's hard to stop," Taylor said. "You get towards the end of the game, he's a difficult player to stop. If you had some other guys around him and a guy like K.G. around him, it gives you some strong options at the end. He's a very unique player. A guy like him, (Phoenix's Steve) Nash, maybe (New Jersey's Jason) Kidd, these guys are very creative and probably would be helpful to almost any team with any combination around them.

"McHale would have to find out if this is something Philly wants to do, how bad they want to do it. I would assume a number of teams would have some interest (in Iverson). It's not something you could just do very easily. (Garnett's) contract is so large, you'd have a lot of money tied up in two guys."</div>

Source

6. Midnight Green

Midnight Green NFLC nflcentral.net Member

^ Yes! Randy Foye in Philly, its gunna happen! Haha...

The Bobcats have reportable inquired about Allen Iverson as well.

7. Smitty

Smitty brush em off.

<div class="quote_poster">GameFace Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">^ Yes! Randy Foye in Philly, its gunna happen! Haha...

The Bobcats have reportable inquired about Allen Iverson as well.</div>

[​IMG]

I knew it was gonna be only a matter of time before you saw that. [​IMG]

8. B.e.

B.e. The One Who Score Touchdowns and Spikes Mics

ESPN said that the 76ers are trying to trade him as quick as possible. A deal could be done as quick as Tuesday. Boston and Denver are the supposed front runners.

9. Midnight Green

If the Celtics trade goes down with the players I'm hearing (Telfair, Jefferson, and Ratliff) I will personally go to Billy Kings office and beat him down. The Denver trade isn't appealing to me either. Miller is good, but he is aging so what's the point of acquiring him? As for Nene, he is just a walking injury with a 60 million dollar contract.

10. Iggy

Iggy Iggy

<div class="quote_poster">GameFace Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">If the Celtics trade goes down with the players I'm hearing (Telfair, Jefferson, and Ratliff) I will personally go to Billy Kings office and beat him down. The Denver trade isn't appealing to me either. Miller is good, but he is aging so what's the point of acquiring him? As for Nene, he is just a walking injury with a 60 million dollar contract.</div>

I was reading an article and it said that the Sixers have no interest in Nene, and are more interested in Camby who the Nuggets don't want to trade. So I think theres no deal with Denver.

As for the Celtics trade, I agree with you. Telfair/Jefferson/Ratliff is crap for a player of Iverson's calibur. I don't want any combination of players from the Celtics unless the name Pierce is included.

What do you guys think of Golden State? I know they havn't been rumored to be interested lately, but they have shown interest in the off-season. A package of Jrich + Pietrus + Murphy for AI would be nice.

11. Midnight Green

<div class="quote_poster">Iggy Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">

As for the Celtics trade, I agree with you. Telfair/Jefferson/Ratliff is crap for a player of Iverson's calibur. I don't want any combination of players from the Celtics unless the name Pierce is included.
    </div>

If they change the names into Green, Gomes/Jefferson, Ratliff, and a few picks I would start listening. However, they have stated they don't want to part with Green. You can't get anything in this world without giving something of value in return. At least that's how its suppose to be.

12. AIFan

AIFan JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">AllNet Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I pray to god AI doesn't end up in Boston. As a fan of his to think he finally gets out of Philly he ends up with a team who are just as far away from a chance to contend as Philly. Be a sad day.</div>Well said

<div class="quote_poster">Air Fresh Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">ESPN said that the 76ers are trying to trade him as quick as possible. A deal could be done as quick as Tuesday. Boston and Denver are the supposed front runners.</div>Can you tell what deal I hope happens?

<div class="quote_poster">GameFace Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">If the Celtics trade goes down with the players I'm hearing (Telfair, Jefferson, and Ratliff) I will personally go to Billy Kings office and beat him down. The Denver trade isn't appealing to me either. Miller is good, but he is aging so what's the point of acquiring him? As for Nene, he is just a walking injury with a 60 million dollar contract.</div>I don't even care what/who Philly gets in return, I just don't want AI to end up on a team that's as bad or worse than the one he's currently on.

13. Apollo

Apollo JBB Into The Fire

<div class="quote_poster">AllNet Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I pray to god AI doesn't end up in Boston. As a fan of his to think he finally gets out of Philly he ends up with a team who are just as far away from a chance to contend as Philly. Be a sad day.</div>

Agreed, and Boston`s sorta like our rival, which would make a trade there even worse.

14. drake

drake JBB JustBBall Member

How about Bonzi Wells for AI [​IMG]

15. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

According to Insider, the Kings are a strong possibility for Iverson. The Maloofs feel he would work perfectly with Artest. The package would headline Mike Bibby heading to Philly.

However, Bibby can opt out of his current deal, and technically leave the 76ers with nothing to show for him. Unless of course he works out a sign and trade over the summer.

Bibby plus expiring contracts were mentioned in return for Iverson.

16. Iggy

Iggy Iggy

<div class="quote_poster">shapecity Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">According to Insider, the Kings are a strong possibility for Iverson. The Maloofs feel he would work perfectly with Artest. The package would headline Mike Bibby heading to Philly.

However, Bibby can opt out of his current deal, and technically leave the 76ers with nothing to show for him. Unless of course he works out a sign and trade over the summer.

Bibby plus expiring contracts were mentioned in return for Iverson.</div>

I also read this. I actually made a thread with a link of all the possible rumors/trades. The trade would send Bibby and fillers like Price/Williamson/Potapenko(sp?) or others.

17. N4S

N4S BBW Member

Yeah, overall I have a bad feeling bout all this. Especially if we keep him in our division. Just wouldnt make sense.

If AI stays in our division. We better be getting Pierce, Kidd, Carter, or Jefferson in return. Easily said. Anyone else is rubbish.

Other than that he is going to haunt the 76ers 4 times a year.

18. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

Going after soon-to-be free agents like Mike Bibby or Vince Carter is the only way I see the Sixers getting a legit superstar back. Otherwise, it'll probably be a mix of prospects, draft picks, and cap space (assuming Billy King doesn't mess up).

19. Really Lost One

Really Lost One Suspended

Iverson Almost Traded to Charlotte

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">For a while yesterday, the 76ers were close to solving their Allen Iverson problem.

The Sixers, according to a source, were close to sending Iverson to the Charlotte Bobcats for a package of players yesterday afternoon. But Iverson indicated his displeasure with being sent to the Bobcats - the league's newest team, having begun play in 2004 - and the deal died, the source said.

Iverson asked to be traded last week, and a source indicated that he didn't care where he was sent. But that apparently did not extend to the Bobcats, who are struggling to draw fans, and who would have difficulty bringing someone to Charlotte who didn't want to be there, and who would likely make that unhappiness known to the public.

With only a little more than $38 million in player salaries - forward Gerald Wallace is the team's highest-paid player, at just $5.5 million this season - Charlotte is about $15 million below the league's salary cap of $53.1 million and could make a major player acquisition easier than any team in the league.

The Bobcats also have players with short contracts, which fits the Sixers' desires. Philadelphia wants to trade Iverson for players whose deals expire either this season or after the 2007-08 season, when Chris Webber's contract ends and the Sixers expect to finally get under the salary cap.

Charlotte has a few players who fill that bill: veteran guard Brevin Knight, who makes $4.4 million this season on a contract that expires in 2008; forward Melvin Ely, whose $3.3 million contract ends after this season; forward Othella Harrington (2008, $2.2 million this season); and underrated center Primoz Brezec (2008, $2.75 million this season).

Dealing any or all of those players would not affect the Bobcats' core group: guard Raymond Felton, guard Adam Morrison, forward Sean May or center Emeka Okafor. The 24-year-old Wallace, who has become a much-improved player in Charlotte, would be attractive to the Sixers, but he's also part of that core.

At least one team believed the Bobcats were in the driver's seat earlier Monday. "It's Michael [Jordan]'s deal to turn down," said an executive of one team that is involved in the trade discussions, referring to Charlotte's new minority owner.

It is uncertain whether the proposed trade can be resurrected.

Meanwhile, Sixers president Billy King continues to sift through other offers. He's keeping those offers extremely close to the vest. One longtime friend of King's, with an NBA team, said King "wasn't telling me a... thing" about which way he was thinking.

Sources indicate that Indiana, Boston and Minnesota continue to express interest in Iverson, with Denver and Sacramento also in the mix. But in some cases, King would likely have to take a player he wouldn't necessarily want in order to get rid of Iverson. The Pacers, for example, want to rid themselves of swingman Stephen Jackson, who has three years left on his deal. The Timberwolves are shopping guard Ricky Davis.

The Kings seem to be stronger players in the bidding for Iverson than one would think at first glance. A source said Sacramento was discussing a package including guard Mike Bibby and forward Kenny Thomas for Iverson. Each has connections to Webber: Bibby and Webber led the Kings to the Western Conference finals in 2002; Thomas was part of the package the Sixers traded to Sacramento for Webber in 2005.

But Thomas' contract, which King negotiated, does not expire until after the 2008-09 season.
    </div>

Link

20. Pakman

Pakman JBB ITS ON ME!!!

<div class="quote_poster">drake Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">How about Bonzi Wells for AI [​IMG]</div>
    Uh, being a Rocket fan and since I do like AI a lil bit. I'd do it. But then I'd question the chemistry of the Rockets team. But then again, Tmac is injured now again.....but naaah.

Rockets aren't interested anyways.