Iverson demanding trade?

Discussion in 'Philadelphia 76ers' started by Smitty, Dec 8, 2006.

1. Answer_AI03

Answer_AI03 JBB JustBBall Member

Bonzi for Ai? the sixers might as well just give him away...

2. adiii

adiii JBB JustBBall Member

im pretty sure he was joking bout bonzi...
    yea mike bibby!! is henry bibby still with the kings org??

3. Smitty

Smitty brush em off.

<div class="quote_poster">holyace2k2 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">im pretty sure he was joking bout bonzi...
    yea mike bibby!! is henry bibby still with the kings org??</div>

He's an assistant coach for the Sixers.

4. Really Lost One

Really Lost One Suspended

I hate Mike Bibby. Hopefully he doesn't come here so I will have to root for him

5. AIFan

AIFan JBB JustBBall Member

Sacramento officialy removes themselves from the Iverson sweepstakes

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">By Sam Amick - Bee Staff Writer

Last Updated 4:49 pm PST Tuesday, December 12, 2006

The Kings are no longer in the Allen Iverson sweepstakes, according to team co-owner Gavin Maloof.

"We're officially out of the running," Maloof said by phone. "We never got to that point to be in the running. I don't think we got to the point where we were talking or negotiating. It never got to that point."</div>
    SOURCE

Being that I live in Sacramento, I really got my hopes up when this rumor seem to pick up steam. The only team that has remained constant through it all so far is Boston, sad as that is. I never imagined myself wearing Celtic green, but if AI ends up there i'm gonna have to show my support. I'm still praying somehow, some way, he ends up alongside Carmelo Anthony in Denver.

6. Really Lost One

7. bbwSwish

bbwSwish Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.

This is turning into one big waiting game. I was really hoping they would have something done by tonight because it has been awhile since a superstar has been traded (Francis doesn't count) and I'm excited to see how this whole thing plays out. I'm really looking forward to watching Iverson and his new team because I want to see how he plays with some different guys around him. For his entire career it's always been the same thing; he doesn't have enough talent around him to succeed. I'm very interested to see how he would play alongside players like Pierce, Garnett, or Carmelo. I'm just sick of waiting at this point and I hope they can make this official by tomorrow.

8. adiii

<div class="quote_poster">Smitty Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">He's an assistant coach for the Sixers.</div>

blah yea i meant sixers, my bad. my brain isnt working well right now...so bibby's dad is still there, that would be strange, at least you know bibby wont be missing any practices...

why do you hate mike bibby? he's awesome...

9. Really Lost One

<div class="quote_poster">holyace2k2 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">why do you hate mike bibby? he's awesome...</div>

He's a Sacramento King. I hate all Kings with a passion

10. Midnight Green

Midnight Green NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class="quote_poster">holyace2k2 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">blah yea i meant sixers, my bad. my brain isnt working well right now...so bibby's dad is still there, that would be strange, at least you know bibby wont be missing any practices...

why do you hate mike bibby? he's awesome...</div>

Actually, him and his dad have a bad relationship, so he would probably miss more practices haha...

11. adiii

haha gameface, oh man after reading that, i went and searched up articles about it, intersting stuff. sac is out of the running, maybe that's why, bibby complained. but foye and iggy would make a nice combo for the future.

brian - i understand now, you're from LA, makes sense, big lakers fan back in the day? i hated that team, shaq and kobe, yuck. kings were awesome. i LOVED that team.

so bibby is not gonna be reunited with webber, sad.

12. AIFan

AIFan JBB JustBBall Member

Prediction:

If no deal is announced tomorrow, there won't be one until Friday when they announce the he'll be joining the Indiana Pacers. This is the day Marquis Daniels becomes available to be traded.

13. jbbkobe81

jbbkobe81 JBB JustBBall Member

The dumbest thing the Sixers would have ever done was get rid of Iverson. That's like the Cavs cannign Lebron or the Lakers trding Kobe. Iverson is all they have, and if he's gone, then you have nobody.

14. bbwSwish

<div class="quote_poster">kobe81 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">The dumbest thing the Sixers would have ever done was get rid of Iverson. That's like the Cavs cannign Lebron or the Lakers trding Kobe. Iverson is all they have, and if he's gone, then you have nobody.</div>

So you're suggesting that they should keep him even though he demanded a trade and is clearly unhappy playing in Philadelphia? At this point you have to trade him and hope to get some quality pieces in return that will allow you to build in the future because you don't want your team leader to be disgruntled and unhappy. The Sixers had the league's worst record with Iverson so it's not like they have much to lose at this point either. It's time for both parties to move on.

15. Iggy

Iggy Iggy

<div class="quote_poster">kobe81 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">The dumbest thing the Sixers would have ever done was get rid of Iverson. That's like the Cavs cannign Lebron or the Lakers trding Kobe. Iverson is all they have, and if he's gone, then you have nobody.</div>

He is not happy in Phildelphia. You obviously want a team leader that's happy with the situation of the team, but both Iverson and the management think its best to move on and trade him. If Kobe or Lebron demanded a trade, you'd have to trade them as well. If you keep a disgruntled star (especially one who wants to be traded) on your team, he will not play his best or he may not even play at all until he gets traded; so its dumb not to trade Iverson right now.

16. bbwSwish

King In No Rush To Trade Iverson

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">
    Unable to swing the right deal for Allen Iverson, team president Billy King appeared in no hurry to rush a trade Wednesday.

While it seemed likely Iverson would be gone by now after chairman Ed Snider said last week they were seeking to trade him, the search went on for a new home for the point guard. </div>

Source

17. adiii

<div class="quote_poster">AIFan Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Prediction:

If no deal is announced tomorrow, there won't be one until Friday when they announce the he'll be joining the Indiana Pacers. This is the day Marquis Daniels becomes available to be traded.</div>

i will be sooo happy, marquis and webber on the same team, i might be the only one happy about that...

18. B.e.

B.e. The One Who Score Touchdowns and Spikes Mics

There is a rumor that there are two serious deals the Sixers have on the table.