Iverson Plays So Hard, He'll Retire In <5 Years

Discussion in 'Philadelphia 76ers' started by ecsteveo32, Mar 12, 2004.

1. ecsteveo32

ecsteveo32 JBB JustBBall Member

Iverson Plays So Hard, He'll Retire In <5 Years

i love the fact that iverson plays his heart out.
    but he's young, and plays with a lot of energy.
    sure he plays a lot of minutes now.
    but when he's 28,or 30
    will he be able to run up the floor that fast, or use that much energy and not get tired

cuz obivously he has the advantage that he plays his heart out and really take it to the next level.

but other players, especially centers, don't use as much energy, that's how they last LONG in the league

2. KG is the MVP

KG is the MVP JBB JustBBall Member

he will keep playing but he won't have the same edge. He'll kind of end up like MJ did with the Wizards but sooner, not as athletic by far but able to replace some of his athleticism with leadership, experience, and shooting.

3. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

Moved to Philly team forum. C'mon guys, think about the team forums first.

4. B.e.

B.e. The One Who Score Touchdowns and Spikes Mics

I think this could possibly happen.You can tell espically now he has had a lot of injuries and the injury he has know sounds like a long term injury to me.

5. TMac_OwNz

TMac_OwNz JBB JustBBall Member

I don't know but I don't think he will last more than 8 more years for sure. He is a great guy but years will get heavier and seasons will get longer and longer.

6. King James X3

King James X3 JBB JustBBall Member

Exactly. Your seeing it with Shaq right now, the guy has been pounded on for YEARS and it's finally catching up with him at just 32. As of late he's suffered more injuries, and It's likely he isn't still around in 3 years. The same will apply for Allen Iverson, his health will suffer because of the game and style he plays. It's likely to shorten his career, simple as that. Notice Football players don't usually have lengthly careers, it's because the play is more physical, Iverson's game it's alot more physically draining than most nba talent.

7. magicfrankie

magicfrankie JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting ecsteveo32:</div><div class="quote_post">
    but when he's 28,or 30
    will he be able to run up the floor that fast, or use that much energy and not get tired
    </div>

What are you talking about.. AI was born in 1975, so he's becoming 29 this year...

8. Smoke

Smoke JBB JustBBall Member

Well I feel a tad bit sorry for Iverson he's been in philly so long and they cant seem to get him any legfetimate help. And then again I dont know if its the help that hinders iverson from winning a championship. because the team has proven they can win without him. I guess this proves that money cant fix all problems because Iverson has surely brought alot of money to that orginization. I hope somethings happens in Philly like a good coach taking up a job their. I mean a move that would shake stuff up in Philly and give Iverson the opportunity to compete for another ring before he gets to beat up.

9. AI4EVER

AI4EVER JBB JustBBall Member

I definitely think that he will slow down but his heart will still be the same. I think even though he may physically slow down, he will still play witht he same amount of heart.

10. ANiMuS

ANiMuS JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting King James X3:</div><div class="quote_post">Exactly. Your seeing it with Shaq right now, the guy has been pounded on for YEARS and it's finally catching up with him at just 32. As of late he's suffered more injuries, and It's likely he isn't still around in 3 years. </div>

Actually a lot of Shaq's recent deterioration should be attributed to the fact that he's simply LAZY. Maintaining your muscles and physical conditioning are essential to minimize the impact of injuries. Shaq doesn't do that anymore.

11. mydi619

mydi619 JBB JustBBall Member

Just hearing this makes me sad guys. It's just not fair. Also the fact that a lot of my fave players play really hard each night is scary. I don't want them to leave the league so soon. =(

12. Civic4

Civic4 JBB JustBBall Member

Iverson is the heart and soul of the 76ers, when he goes they need to go back to the drawing board. It wouldnt shock me if he was forced to retire in 5 years, but he probably wont. His desire to win is too strong, he'd play through the pain.

Shaq is a lazy player, his physical endurence level is lower meaning he wont last as long. Plus anyone who is 7'1 will have health problems, he has a lot of weight to carry around

13. B.e.

B.e. The One Who Score Touchdowns and Spikes Mics

Yeh AI's carrer is gonna get harder and harder every year.Btw Shaq isn't lazy he hired a military trainer durin the off-season and worked his ass off to get in shape,thats not lazy.

14. LebronJames456

LebronJames456 JBB JustBBall Member

Iverson

Iverson is a great player but is thirty years old. He only has 5 years left in him. He has been injured alot and is not playing as well as he always did. I hope he plays for a long time. Iverson is a mad player.

15. Rave

Rave JBB JustBBall Member

I'm hoping he will still be the same. The biggest factor of course would be how the injuries affect his old age. When it comes that is. I think and hope he could possibly go back, not exactly as to how he was, but close, he has the work ethic and the effort, if that stays, he'll always be AI. If he went any easier, he wouldn't be the superstar we love, we saw he could still do things, ASW anyone? Just hope and pray, we all know he'll still at least be a good player, everyone struggles, it's only normal.

He struggles hard all the time. So it's no different, only it'd be a lot harder than most because of all the injuries, age and problems later he'll have to face. Just believe and have faith, if he truly is your favorite. Remember people this is Mr. Killer Crossover, Mr. Leading Scorer, Mr. Scoring Machine. He's AI, you question whether he'll be alright? Well guess what, he's "The Answer".

16. Vyper

Vyper -Vintage '73-

jaded corporate lackey
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting King James X3:</div><div class="quote_post">Exactly. Your seeing it with Shaq right now, the guy has been pounded on for YEARS and it's finally catching up with him at just 32. As of late he's suffered more injuries, and It's likely he isn't still around in 3 years. The same will apply for Allen Iverson, his health will suffer because of the game and style he plays. It's likely to shorten his career, simple as that. Notice Football players don't usually have lengthly careers, it's because the play is more physical, Iverson's game it's alot more physically draining than most nba talent.</div>

Playa,Iverson is 28. Not 32.

17. og15

og15 JBB *********

Playa he's talking about Shaq not Iverson, wow.

I think Iverson will start to decline as he gets older, he already has injury problems, and the reason guys like MJ, Reggie, Stockton etc could play that long in the league is because their games didn't revolve only on physical ability, but on their basketball knowledge, and scoring wise, ability to shoot.

Iverson is not the best shooter, he's not bad but he's not a good shooter, the majority of his game lies on being the quickest and fastest guy in the league, and when he's slow down and injuries start piling up he will slowly start to dissapear.

18. alison

alison JBB JustBBall Member

poor allen.... [​IMG] i think he already reached his peak a while ago....

19. Iversonlove21

Iversonlove21 JBB JustBBall Member

i dont think iverson will retire in5 year because he is a fighter and he loves the nba the only reason iverson might retire in 5 years is because of injuries.

20. og15

og15 JBB *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">i dont think iverson will retire in5 year because he is a fighter and he loves the nba the only reason iverson might retire in 5 years is because of injuries.</div>
    That's basically what we're saying....