Iverson Vows To Change

Discussion in 'Philadelphia 76ers' started by Avery, Oct 4, 2004.

1. TimmyGinobili

TimmyGinobili JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Avery:</div><div class="quote_post">Wow. This is the first I ever heard this one. Allen Iverson doesn't have what it takes to be a winner or make his teammates better? Let me tell you, Allen Iverson is arguably the most competitive player in the NBA. And believe me, there hasn't been more of a competitive player like Iverson till Jordan era came to an end in ?98. Iverson heart and willingness to win is what separates him from many of the NBA brightest stars. At his size and stature do you ever think he would be this good based only on overall skill and talent? To answer that question, the answer is no. Some people say all Iverson does is takes 50 shots per game and shots a low percentage. But it?s funny that he still manages to make the NBA Finals and gather up one award after another. And to say that he doesn?t have what it takes is completely ludicrous.

This actually one his goals for this upcoming season.</div>

Of course he wants to win and of course hes a good player, but lets face the facts he's selvish and he's out for himself. He doesn't make his team better or the players who play with him. He gets points and he always will he just doesn't do what it takes in this league to win a ring.

2. B.e.

B.e. The One Who Score Touchdowns and Spikes Mics

Dont you ever watch the All Star Games?He barely ever tries to shoot if he knows someone is going to score,the only thing that he lacks is confidence in the rest of his team mates at times,this was a big problem in his younger days,but he will learn to be more confident when the players around him start to prove they score.

3. AllBoutDaPacers

AllBoutDaPacers JBB JustBBall Member

Fine tell me what courageous thing Iverson has done on the court.

4. Jurassic

Jurassic Trend Setter

Allen Iverson has already been kicked out of a preseason game. Please explain to me how that is a sign that he is changing.

5. LeBron

LeBron JBB JustBBall Member

He has never played on a good team. That is one of the cases on why he doesnt have confidence on his teammates. He has just never played with a great player. He will need to step up with Snow gone. I dont see 76ers getting anywhere this year. But I may be wrong.

6. AllBoutDaPacers

AllBoutDaPacers JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting LeBron:</div><div class="quote_post">He has never played on a good team. That is one of the cases on why he doesnt have confidence on his teammates. He has just never played with a great player. He will need to step up with Snow gone. I dont see 76ers getting anywhere this year. But I may be wrong.</div>

This is a cop out, a poor excuse for not winning. LeBron, you of all people shouldn't be making this argument because LBJ and the Cavs had more wins than the sixers last year and who does he have? If you think about it Iverson really is not that good. Think about it. His game is flawed, and most of the problems could be easily corrected. Assist to turnover ratio for one. If Iverson got the ball out of his hands more and stopped with the constant crossovers then he would have a respectable ratio. But this isn't gonna happen since they traded arguably the second best player in Snow. So now Iverson will be at the point since they didn't replace Snow. Then we look at his shooting percentage. This is very low considering how many times he shoots lay-ups in games. Easily fixed if the Sixers would get him some one dimensional spot up shooters to kick the ball out to. They have Korver but they need at least one more and need Korver to be more consistent. Then there is the attitude of Iverson. I understand why he is pissed off because his team doesn't step up. I would be pissed too but it goes too far when you get kicked out of a preseason game. The game has no significance to him since he will start and the preseason record does not matter. I know I am hard on Iverson because he is overrated, but most of the reasons that the sixers suck are because management are idiots and don't get players in the form of one dimensional jump shooters to complement Iverson, but it is his fault that his team underachieves because he attempts to do everything himself. If he forced some responsibility on his teammates, maybe they would play better.

7. LeBron

LeBron JBB JustBBall Member

^^ I know i'm not saying that Iverson is a great player. He definately has some flaws and is overrated. He's just a player who I think would do better with good people on his team. I think his game is gone. But you never know...

8. B.e.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Jurassic:</div><div class="quote_post">Allen Iverson has already been kicked out of a preseason game. Please explain to me how that is a sign that he is changing.</div>
    So what if he got kicked out of a game?The tech called on him were questionable.Also think of all the great players who have been kicked out of games for fighting and doing worse then saying "blow your wistle ref"

You act like AI has a record of getting kicked out of games,that has nothing to do with his new atitude this season.

9. Jurassic

Jurassic Trend Setter

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Silky Smooth:</div><div class="quote_post">So what if he got kicked out of a game?The tech called on him were questionable.Also think of all the great players who have been kicked out of games for fighting and doing worse then saying "blow your wistle ref"

You act like AI has a record of getting kicked out of games,that has nothing to do with his new atitude this season.</div>

None of those great players did that during the preseason. Actually AI does have a record of getting techs, and committing crimes off the court as well.

10. TMAC BALLA 1105

TMAC BALLA 1105 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Jurassic:</div><div class="quote_post">None of those great players did that during the preseason. Actually AI does have a record of getting techs, and committing crimes off the court as well.</div>

Yeah AI doesn't too good of a track record at all. As a matter of fact, many people think AI is single-handedly ruinning the NBA's image.

11. B.e.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">None of those great players did that during the preseason. </div>

Does it matter when the game was?Just because AI shows emotion in games and gets ejected out of a game,what he did was far less severe then what most players get ejected for.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Actually AI does have a record of getting techs </div>

Really?Is there anyway you can verify that,because I dont remember him picking up many techs as long as I have been watching the Sixers and him.