J-Rich To A Division Rival

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by .cabangbang, Jun 24, 2007.

1. .cabangbang

.cabangbang BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Warriors' upstarts Andris Biedrins and Monta Ellis will be up for big money soon and Baron Davis wants an extension. But the Mullin-Nelson dynamic may ultimately be decided by the fate of Jason Richardson, a Mullin favorite who had an uneven and injury-filled first year under Nelson.

Mullin has publicly said he will not trade Richardson, but a league source indicated that Golden State has had exploratory conversations with at least one team, including a division rival, about moving the sixth-year guard.</div>

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c...24/WARRIORS.TMP

I'll be happy if we can get in the top 11 pick range by trading J-Rich. If we can keep the pick from being involved, all the better.

2. warriorsman

warriorsman BBW Member

Yes, I wouldn't mind having to give up J-Rich if it means we sign Andris and Monta to a long extension. But, if we trade him I would want to have a pick more than a few decent players. Especially for this draft and how deep it is.

3. Warriorfansnc93

Warriorfansnc93 JBB JustBBall Member

I am ready to trade Jrich. He has lost his luster with me since he had to have surgery. He has heart, but he is not an all star...

4. Ryan

Ryan BBW Member

I didn't see this thread so I posted this in another but 1140 in Sacramento was talking this morning about a trade that would send J-Rich and #18 to Sac for Artest and #10. I think we are giving up way too much. I'd love to have Artest but not at that price and there's no guarantee we get Yi or anyone who can be a real impact player at #10. I'd rather take our chances at 18. What do you guys think?

Ideally, if we trade J-Rich I'd want to keep our pick or possibly move up a couple spots to get Nick Young as his replacement.

5. Warriorfansnc93

Warriorfansnc93 JBB JustBBall Member

I want Sean Williams

6. boogiescott

boogiescott JBB JustBBall Member

i second that, assuming we make no moves predraft, i want Sean Williams as well.

7. REREM

REREM JBB JustBBall Member

Adding Artest or Sean Williams to Jax would be like adding gasoline to a spark.
    I don't get this sudden post season surge in S Williams love. He's not a well rounded player and was a chronic screw up. I don't care if they let the team pass a spliff at midcourt at the halfd...but in Williams case it's about having some self discipline and judgement. Being an impulsive loose cannon and a project type is a bad mix.

J Rich is a reliable type and a proven Go-to shooter scorer...though last season he spent much of the time gutting it out playing before his legs were back in game shape. By the playoffs he'd come back well. Late,he was getting some 10 rbd games...thank goodness as otherwise just Biedrins was working the boards.
    Who at #3 or later steps in and scores 20 in the NBA after not getting close to 20 in college ball? Heck...I'd give J Rich for G Wallace and #22 probably,and there's other deals I might like. I'm still seeing him as a 20-24 pt scorer,a great transition guy who's gonna give it all he's got. I see Jax as a windfall,but not a guy to count on Jax can play like an All Star on Monday and like a scrub on wendsday.

8. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

<div class="quote_poster">ryanfish Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I didn't see this thread so I posted this in another but 1140 in Sacramento was talking this morning about a trade that would send J-Rich and #18 to Sac for Artest and #10. I think we are giving up way too much. I'd love to have Artest but not at that price and there's no guarantee we get Yi or anyone who can be a real impact player at #10. I'd rather take our chances at 18. What do you guys think?

Ideally, if we trade J-Rich I'd want to keep our pick or possibly move up a couple spots to get Nick Young as his replacement.</div>

Sjax and Artest reunited once again! Oh man... Once Nelson leaves, this lockeroom would have no stability whatsoever. Our perimeter D would be one of the best in the league, though.

Okay... let's figure this out... If we trade for Artest, I'd want to trade Artest almost immediately because I think he's insane most of the time. So in a sense, it would be like trading Richardson for Ellis because I'm assuming the Warriors would want to re-sign Ellis as heir apparent to the point guard spot and be a shooting guard from time to time. We then could keep a 16ppg shooting guard on hand. I'm sure there's a Cuttino Mobley or a Raja Bell out there... We then keep Yi to develop. It's a solution if we can find a inside outside threat that consistently posts 16ppg. I'd rather have a lights out 20ppg scorer... but this is what we gotta do to budget out the resources to our big man spots. We still have Beans to re-sign and a star power forward to discover.