Jacobs: I don’t fear Golovkin

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by truebluefan, Mar 8, 2017.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Daniel Jacobs says he does not fear unbeaten middleweight champion Gennady “GGG” Golovkin, and he knows that he can beat him on March 18. Jacobs, 29, says he’s trained his whole life for this, and he’s not going to quit now. Jacobs (32-1, 29 KOs) doesn’t care that Golovkin is viewed as the most feared man in boxing. He still believes he’s going to defeat him.

Golovkin and Jacobs will be fighting on HBO pay-per-view on March 18 at Madison Square Garden in New York. It’s a fight that many fans are looking to, and it’s viewed as a much more competitive fight on paper than the May 6 mega-fight between Mexican stars Saul “Canelo” Alvarez and Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. That’s a fight between a relevant fighter in Canelo and a fighter from the past in Chavez Jr., who is no longer fighting the best after losing to Sergio Martinez in 2012.

“They say he’s the most feared man in boxing,” said Jacobs about Golovkin. “I don’t fear him. I didn’t come this far to quit. Are you ready for this? Did you train your whole life for this? I say hell yeah,” said Jacobs.

Read more http://www.boxingnews24.com/2017/03/jacobs-dont-fear-golovkin/