James Not Selected As An All-Star

Discussion in 'Cleveland Cavaliers' started by nextCAVSowner, Feb 2, 2004.

1. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Mr_Infante:</div><div class="quote_post">"If LeBron isn't an All-Star, then I need a psychiatrist," -Bill Walton.</div>

"Michael Redd (No-Brainer)" - Marc Stein.

2. jbbKing James

jbbKing James JBB Banned Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Sir Desmond:</div><div class="quote_post">"Michael Redd (No-Brainer)" - Marc Stein.</div>

Let's not go there today bro, we know what the experts would say, let's leave it at that [​IMG]

3. TMac_OwNz

TMac_OwNz JBB JustBBall Member

lol no wonder i keep reading quotes I didnt read I clicked and entered the 6th page...

anyways is a really hard decision...Im not surprised tho...I mean redd HAD to be there because Bucks complained that why TJ didnt make the rookie team. so it would be between Pierce , Davis and Lebron...now think about this....you are the coach...you have this 3 guys averaging about the same...2 of them been around the league for a few years...and the other one is a rookie..(a god damn good rookie) but a rookie..I mean how would Baron Davis or Paul Pierce look at you if you picked Lebron over you..after a few years in the NBA while averaging around the same as him??...thats just my point...I would've pick Lebron over Redd hands down...I mean Cassell missed A LOT of All Star Games didn't he?...anyways , somebody will probably get injured..I hope is not T-Mac's back tho...

btw , Lebron = Houston....plz...[​IMG]

4. jbbCourtVision

jbbCourtVision JBB JustBBall Member

The kid will have his chance for the next 20 years. I have no doubt that he will be voted in by the fans for the upcoming years so he'll have his chance. People are acting like Lebron is the only allstar snub worth of a spot.

5. Glen Infante

Glen Infante JBB Trend Setter

True but LeBron's impact to the NBA this year has blown up. But I guess the coaches feel he hasn't done enough OR doesn't think he deserves it. Which is both not good enough answers for me.

6. ANiMuS

ANiMuS JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Mr_Infante:</div><div class="quote_post">"If LeBron isn't an All-Star, then I need a psychiatrist," -Bill Walton.</div>

Bill Walton also ignored the fact that the All-Star roster consists of set positions.

7. Glen Infante

Glen Infante JBB Trend Setter

...Which alot of analysts disagree on.

8. ANiMuS

ANiMuS JBB JustBBall Member

You didn't get it. Walton insisted that LeBron should've made the team because he is "one of the top 12 players in the East", which is true. But, he forgot to take into account that just because you're top-12 overall doesn't mean you're automatically in the All-Star game.

9. jbbKing James

^ That's the joy the the debate that ESPN (and myself) have enjoyed. Yes LeBron is better than 12 players we could name in the East, without question, but that is just too boring and easy to say, so you make it fun by putting him up against current all stars, to create that buzz abd get people talking.

(Which I have enjoyed very much in this thread [​IMG] )

10. nextCAVSowner

nextCAVSowner JBB JustBBall Member

hey man, im gonna say right now. redd deserves to be a all-star. the guy is unbelieveable. he scores like 24 a game and he is the main reason that the bucks are so good. Lebron deserves a shot, but look at all the great guards in the east. dont worry, lebron will be there next year, and every year after that till his career is over. im thinking the rookie game might be more fun to watch than the regular all-star game. lebron and anthony are the guards for the rooks and ming and booze for the soph. rookies win this game though by 20. its gonna be fun to see melo and bron team up and try to get the mvp.

11. jbbKing James

No doubt Bron and Melo have talked about this on the phone and vented some. Both will take out their frustration on the 2nd year players. Guards control these exhibition games and James will have a 10+ assist game, book it. With Wade and Anthony, who run the floor hard every single time down and can finish with the best of them, James will have a field day. Just look at what he did in that McDonald's game when he had talented runners around him, it was sick.

12. nextCAVSowner

nextCAVSowner JBB JustBBall Member

im really looking forward to this game. bron will win mvp! great highlights, watch for some crazy ass passes and top notch dunking, i wanna see booze block a lebron dunk though, that would be fun. too bad waggs is not in the game =(

13. Linkin

Linkin JBB JustBBall Member

Lebron's last All-Star Chance?

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Someone is going to pull out of the All-Star Game with an injury. Someone always does.

This disclaimer comes up now as a warning, because if that someone is an Eastern Conference guard or forward, guess what?

The hubbub surrounding LeBron James' All-Star snub? It would only be just starting.

Let's say Ron Artest's thumb injury worsens. Or Allen Iverson keeps getting knocked to the floor every night trying to carry his going-nowhere team. Or something totally unforseen happens in the next week. Commissioner David Stern would then have a difficult decision to make.</div>

<a href="http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?

columnist=stein_marc&id=1727151" target="_blank">By Marc Stern</a>

Could Lebron have a chance to be in the All-Star game if someone gets injured? And if he does get chosen,does he deserve it ?

I say that it would be great if he got into the all-star game he really does deserve it.But the only problem would be if Commissioner David Stern wouln't pick him just because he is a rookie.

14. coolhandluke

coolhandluke JBB JustBBall Member

I think he deserves it and I can only pray that someone gets injured, like Redd or somebody. But we'll see what happens, he still has a long career ahead of him.

15. ShakeAndBake23

ShakeAndBake23 JBB JustBBall Member

Lebron already said he's not going to take it. He's not going to get picked 2nd he said he never gets picked second. I hope they ask him and he says no no no no no. He's got the power now.

16. CANT STOP ME

CANT STOP ME JBB Probationary User

He doesnt have a chance to get in. It wont happen.

17. DajuanWagner#2

DajuanWagner#2 JBB JustBBall Member

I hope it happends, but I don't think it will happend! [​IMG]
    But if LeBron don't like to be choosed as a second pick, that's good, because that's a good motivation for the rest of the season and next season!

18. cArMeLo15

cArMeLo15 JBB JustBBall Member

James said he already isn't going.

19. Rave

Rave JBB JustBBall Member

I think he isn't being very mature about, sure he deserves his spot. But he's being very proud, talking about never being chosen second for anything. I don't like this side of LeBron, I think he should've gone though, he deserves his spot. I myself still don't like his attitude and the way he handled this situation though. What can we say, he's still a kid right?

20. jbbKing James

I already posted this in the LeBron Snub thread, and mow I will merge it (though I should just delete it)

KJ