James Not Selected As An All-Star

Discussion in 'Cleveland Cavaliers' started by nextCAVSowner, Feb 2, 2004.

1. nextCAVSowner

nextCAVSowner JBB JustBBall Member

i heard that if baron davis is out for the allstar game than, stern will do everything he can to get james in the game. after all, the big topic this season is Lebron, he draws attendence everywhere he goes. if the nba were smart they would get him in there some how. i guarentee if lebron is in there this will be one of the highest watched nba all-star games. but i say the nba will pick marbury if lebron cant play or dont wanna.

2. Glen Infante

Glen Infante JBB Trend Setter

LeBron "says" he doesn't want to. But he's a kid, ask him to his face and he will nod his head and walk a way with a smile.

3. jbbKing James

jbbKing James JBB Banned Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Mr_Infante:</div><div class="quote_post">LeBron "says" he doesn't want to. But he's a kid, ask him to his face and he will nod his head and walk a way with a smile.</div>

Bron got his message across, he is mad, just like Melo.

Bron would accept it though, I believe they can't reject it anyway.

4. coolhandluke

coolhandluke JBB JustBBall Member

I don't care that if they ask him to play in the game and he's says no he shouldn't have to hope for some one to get injured, he should have been picked in the first place. yeah he's a rookie, and has 20+ years left to play in the all-star game that doesn't matter he should have been picked to go this year.

5. CANT STOP ME

CANT STOP ME JBB Probationary User

Bron got his message across, he is mad, just like Melo.

Bron would accept it though, I believe they can't reject it anyway.
    -------------------
    I just dont think he would want to play because someone cant be there. He wants to be there because he was selected to play.

6. jbbKing James

^ People say that every year though. James should just shut his damn mouth, accept it, and go market his skills and ability. It would be even more exposure for him and it would make his endorsers very happy.

Be a man LeBron, you know you deserve it, the fans know you deserve it, just go there and make a fool out of the coaches who rejected you and take it out on them.

7. CANT STOP ME

CANT STOP ME JBB Probationary User

Yea i get your point maybe someone will pull a "vince carter" and give up not their stating position but reserve spot. It would generate a heck of a lot of money for the NBA though.

8. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

LeBron Changes His Answer

MINNEAPOLIS - On the third day, LeBron reconsidered.

When the Eastern Conference All-Star reserves were announced on Tuesday and LeBron James wasn't among them, he said he didn't even want to be an injury replacement if needed. Because, as he said, "I don't come second."

After getting some personal opinions from his head coach, Paul Silas, and likely his agent, Aaron Goodwin, along with some light lecturing by other NBA personalities in the media over the last few days, James now says he would accept such an offer.

"It's probably better for me, better for the NBA and for better for Cleveland," James said before the Cavaliers took on the Minnesota Timberwolves on Friday. "Everybody gets upset, it's a business."

Turning down an offer from the commissioner to be on the team would have been unprecedented.

Full Article:
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=knig...night&type=lgns

9. jbbKing James

Just as I said, him and Melo got their points across and fans are upset across the world.

I bet James is glad he rejected the dunk contest now [​IMG]

It's all a matter of you help me, I help you.

10. nextCAVSowner

i still think the biggest snub was zach randolph, just my opinion.

11. jbbKing James

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting nextCAVSowner:</div><div class="quote_post">i still think the biggest snub was zach randolph, just my opinion.</div>

Randolph's numbers don't compare to Elton Brand out West.

I hate that damn commercial on tv "The NBA's Biggest Stars On The Biggest Stage" - how BS is that?

12. nextCAVSowner

ummm ok put the numbers out there and show me how they dont compair dude

13. jbbKing James

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting nextCAVSowner:</div><div class="quote_post">ummm ok put the numbers out there and show me how they dont compair dude</div>

Elton Brand
    Zach Randolph

Let's not get this too off topic, lol. James is the super snub and everyone knows it.

14. Glen Infante

Off topic one more time: Actually Brand's and ZBo's stats are pretty simular.

15. jbbKing James

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Mr_Infante:</div><div class="quote_post">Off topic one more time: Actually Brand's and ZBo's stats are pretty simular.</div>

But Brand actually has defensive numbers.

16. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Only difference between Randolph and Brand is on the defensive end. Those two were the biggest snubs with LJ coming in 3rd.

Getting 20 and 10 in this league is very tough to do, even more so in the western conference facing the best forwards in the league.. night in, night out.

17. Glen Infante

Thats because Zach is offensive minded. He begs for the ball.

18. jbbKing James

That's out west though where many seem to have been "snubbed"

There is no excuse for a 20/3/5 guy who has been the best road draw in the league to be left out.

Again "The NBA's Biggest Stars On The Biggest Stage" needs to get changed up.

"The best players by position that have been in them league a few years on the biggest stage"

19. nextCAVSowner

too tell u the truth and go by the numbers, i would have to say that they picked the right rosters. well of course u are gonna get ur snubbs, but the players that are all stars deserve it as much as the snubbs. james has great numbers for a rookie. i mean greatttttt. but, i think the right players were picked THIS YEAR. It would have been smart to put james in the game though, he is why the cavs are on national tv, and have one of the best road draws. maybe next year.

20. InNETSweTrust

InNETSweTrust JBB Philippines' Finest

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting King James:</div><div class="quote_post">There is no excuse for a 20/3/5 guy who has been the best road draw in the league to be left out.</div>

He almost filled the Nets' Swamp! That's got to count for something.