James scores 26 as Lakers roll over Rockets 117-100

Discussion in 'Los Angeles Lakers' started by truebluefan, Jan 13, 2021.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

James Harden publicly acknowledged his discord with the Houston Rockets for the first time Tuesday night following back-to-back blowout losses to the Los Angeles Lakers.

"We're just not good enough ... I love this city. I literally have done everything that I can," Harden said. "I mean, this situation is crazy. It's something that I don't think can be fixed."

Harden had remained quiet through months of speculation that he is unhappy in Houston. Numerous reports have indicated he's looking to be shipped to Brooklyn to play with former Oklahoma City teammate Kevin Durant, who left and became an NBA champion with Golden State. For all his accomplishments, Harden is still seeking an NBA title.

He's been asked repeatedly to address the trade rumors since the season began but has deflected questions and refused to reveal any frustration.

That all changed after a 117-100 blowout loss to the Lakers on Tuesday night. The Lakers led by 30 points in the third quarter after leading by 27 during a 120-102 on Sunday.

read more https://www.espn.com/nba/recap?gameId=401267321