Jamison left to help carry dysfunctional Cavaliers

Discussion in 'Cleveland Cavaliers' started by truebluefan, Jul 23, 2010.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

The Cleveland Cavaliers acquired Antawn Jamison in mid-February. They wanted a wingman to complement LeBron James. After 12 NBA seasons, almost all of them as the star on a bad or mediocre team, Jamison wanted a championship.

But the Cavaliers crashed and burned in the Eastern Conference semifinals against Boston and crashed and burned again two weeks ago when LeBron giddily announced he was leaving Cleveland for the Miami Heat.

"I was disappointed," Jamison says Thursday at his basketball camp at Carolina Courts in Indian Trail. "I only got to play with him two months."

Jamison was one of the best players in the country at Providence High and perhaps the best player in the country at North Carolina. He also is a two-time NBA All-Star.

But, at least for the summer, he has a new title. He was a piece of the dysfunctional team that came undone in front of everybody.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/07/23/1578255/jamison-left-to-help-carry-dysfunctional.html

2. bbwchingy0007

bbwchingy0007 BBW Member

I feel bad for Jamison. He really deserved a shot at a title, but now only a few months after getting that trade to the Cavs he's in a position not too dissimilar from the one he was in in Washington, only with a better sense of comradery.